If you want to know a man, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - YoungWarrior
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Time Travel possable?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chilltime55 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time Travel possable?
they say that everything in the universe bends things to a certain extent even u so they think that if u can get something that has enough mass or something that bends the universe enough that maby we can find a way to jump the bend and make it out on the other side of the bend and have skiped a certain amount of time depending on the size of the bend any thoughts?

"Look now how mortals are blaming the gods for they say that evils come from us but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that would probably have to do with the speed of light to get out of bending...but anywayz im not gunna go into that,
I think time travel isnt possible, but teleportation is.
If time travel were possible, sum1 should have come back to tell us it is ^^

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chilltime55 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
o no i think that going back in time is impossable im talking abought going forward cuz if were to jump a bend that would only send u into the future

"Look now how mortals are blaming the gods for they say that evils come from us but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Backward time travel is only possible if it fulfills one of two conditions. Either, there must be an infinite number of dimensions with an infinite number of different scenarioes, or life is pre-determined.
Well, there may be a number of reasons wh nobody from the future has contacted us, Maybe they knew it would have caused harm etc.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What are the conditions for forward time travel? ^^

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time Travel is, in my opinion, impossible. In the event it were possible, I personally believe that we, at certain points in time (I.E Sept. 11, Y2K, etc.) would be swamped with 'observers' from the future. Also, in the unfortunate event it were possible, time travel would throw a wrench into the timeline, possibly warping it into several million possible courses, each as unpredictable as the next. As for forward time travel, the removal of one element (Person, Object) therefore afffects the whole timeline from that point forward. As an example, if we brought Martin Luther King Jr. forward in time, from when he was a chilld, he would have been erased from the timeline from the point he was taken to the point he was reintroduced. Most likely as a result of this, the civil rights movement most likely would not have had the momentum it had as a result of his efforts.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 36yrs • M •
PawnPuppeteer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what is this bend you speak of?

"Play life like Chess"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tend to agree with Angel Of Death An infinte amount of alternate Realities, also if you could jump forward over then bend whats stopping you from jumping backward?

my mode of thought tends to lean toward the fact that if we could time travel i dont think we could change anything, maybe we cant physicaly go forward or backward but observe somehow, the whole story about a bend in space time reminds me of something to do with a lense and being able to look around the universe cant remeber which philosopher.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Isnt there already a topic on time travel? I suppose it dosen't matter any...

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
Time Travel possable?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy