Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

3 Types Of People

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
cynicalm is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
3 Types Of People
I admit this may offend. If you don't like to be called names then don't read any further!

I believe, and this is from a cynical point of view, that there are only 3 types of people in the world. Masochists, Sadists, and the ones I call Helpfuls. The Masochists want to be ruled by anyone. When told to jump, they jump. Some may even ask how high and how long ect. It depends on how Masochistic they truely are. The Sadists are the ones who want to rule the world no matter what. They want control. Then there are the Helpfuls (that's the best name I've got). They won't take any crap but they do want to help. There are no clear cut lines and one may fall into different catagories but that's just how I see things. I myself am a Masochist.

"If it seems good, it couldn't be worse."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how can it offend ?
you're just talking about different personalities

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 34yrs • F •
cynicalm is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People may realize that they do fit in one of the catigories and not like it.

34yrs • F •
I spend alot of time alone and observing people. I suppose that over time I just saw patterns. Then being with sadists helped me come up with this idea as well. I'm a masochist because it seems to fit. Like I said, I've been with sadists and I enjoyed the things they did to me. I also cut. I jump when people tell me to. My dad is definatly one of those "Helpfuls". I didn't really know my mom, she died when I was 9 months old. My step mom is definatly a Sadist. Not so much as some others but she is very controling and does hit me. Parental upbringing may have something to do with it but I think it has more to do with life experiences. I do believe that it can change as you grow older and experience more things. I really believe it is caused by cynicism. The Helpfuls arn't quite so cynical. The Sadists have come to believe that there is not much happieness or light left in the world so they decide to grab as much as they can any way they can. The Masochists are also cynical but have decided that happieness is so short that they would rather do what they can to make the other happy. Seen from a masochistic prespective things seem abit different, I'm sure, than if you are looking at it a different way.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Then there are the Helpfuls (that's the best name I've got). They won't take any crap but they do want to help.
if these people are truly helpful then
quote:
The Helpfuls arn't quite so cynical.
The Sadists have come to believe that there is not much happieness or light left in the world so they decide to grab as much as they can any way they can.
The Masochists are also cynical but have decided that happieness is so short that they would rather do what they can to make the other happy
what do they want form life?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people can change too

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
also you can act this way around theswe certain people and act that way around those,.. like being bossy to mother and pushed around n cnotrolled by otheres

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm definitely a Sadist. It's funny that I can place people in those categories just by thinking of things they say and do.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 34yrs • F •
The Helpfuls want to live for themselvs. Not for someone else or for happiness. They want to live just for themselvs. They want to get by. They want to be comfortable. At least thats the best I can work it out. And all of the poits were very good ones.

72yrs • M •
interesting i would have thought myself as being in the helpful groub but now Iwould be hard put to say I was either helpful or masochist? what do you think wesdawgy?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
what do you think wesdawgy?

That quote tends to make me think you are in the Masochist...but seeing alot of your posts; I am conflicted.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 72yrs • M •
ok, so you & me, we both feel about the same. What about the author of the string?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
personally, i see all three of these traits in almost everyone i come across. i dont think a person is one of these and only one all of the time. but depending on the circumstances and the situation they are put in, they will become one of the three.

im trying to think of a fourth but its not coming to me at the moment... perhaps there really are only three ways to "react" to a given situation.

as an example, when i am around adults a tend to be a masachist because i respect elders and will do pretty much whatever they command and happily i might add. but when i am around my peers i tend to be more of a sadist because i want to do things that i will enjoy and i want my peers to listen to what i have to say about things and "respect my authortay" as cartman would put it. also, when i am alone running errands or out doing various things on my own i am very much a helpful. i am not in a situation where i want to control nor be controlled and so i become very happy to do things for myself and others on a whim. i am guessing that the majority of people are this way.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
exactly these "3 types of people" catagories are too braod, every person in the world falls into all three, but you can get used to a cetain way, however which can CHANGE either from people to people depending on time or change in general... but you might aswell make a thousand more catagorys that people can fall into.. its too broad and narrow what was first proposed

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that l2 () l3 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Isn't a Masochist someone who gets sexual pleasure from pain? (no joke)

"Life is just one damned thing after another."
3 Types Of People
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy