With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. - Max Ehrmann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Being Politically Correct.

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I got this site while I was looking through Foxnews.com. It has some stroies about political correctness.
http://www.tonguetied.us/

I don't know if these stories are really true(although they seem to be), but it does bring up some thoughts.

What do you people think about the recent trend of being PC about everything? Do you think people are overly cruel, or are people overly sensitive?

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hate the PC stuff and I think people are really just overly sensitive. Don't get me wrong, I also hate Fox News, but that's a different thread.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
typical employment ads in Miami state bilingluil ability as an asset . . .
the secondary language which is an asset is English.
The World turns slowly & hopefully for the better.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First of all, stop watching Facist, I mean Fox News. There was a Simpsons episode that played a parody of FNC. Tony Snow (or someone who looked like him) was the newsman, and below the scrolling news announced, "Democrats found to cause cancer." Fox News threatened to sue the other division of Fox. So when O'Reily and his ilk complain about this country being too PC, remind them of that Simpsons episode.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright, this has nothing to do with Fox News.
I don't watch fox news let alone like fox news. I just happen to be on their site looking for a current event to do for my history class.

I am just asking if people believe in being PC, or if they think that people are just getting too sensitive.

Me being someone that likes to crack jokes a lot, I have noticed that I tend to stop myself from saying something that seems very funny to me, just because people might find it offensive.

So once again, this thread has nothing to do with fox news.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
around friends i have no problem cracking jokes, and never worry about being PC. but when i am around people i dont know very well and also around elders, i tend to watch what i say a little more carefully. its more that i want to make a good impression than anything tho. sometimes stuff will slip out, but ive never gotten in any trouble or even gotten any flak for stuff, so i never really "worry" about it.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I might get a lot of flak for this, but for my friends and I, living in what I think is the whitest state in the country, things like racism are basically a joke. Of course, like Wyote said, around adults or some others we never say this stuff.

We see the obsessive political correctness everywhere, especially school, and just make fun of it by being excessively politically incorrect. All this shit about what you say in public really means nothing, because they can't change what you think or who you are with yourself.

As we fade into a more tolerant time, I think we need to kid each other about our pasts and stop treating everyone as a potential racist, sexist, or mudrerer. Being politically correct just creates an awkward wall between people who soon may be too afraid to say anything to each other.

72yrs • M •
Well, I have to agree that it might be best if we could all be honest about how we feel instead of masking ourselves with pretenses which we seem to need.

61yrs • M •
[So once again, this thread has nothing to do with fox news]

Ok, I won't pick on them. My point was that even they have a PC about them. One division of the company was critical of the other, so they threatened to sue.

Everyone has a PC attitude to some degree.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MrPink is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so if i just say Fuck it all ... r u gunna take offence to it?

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist"
 72yrs • M •
no, I have similar attitude. Can't beat them so why in hell would ya want to be like them? If their's the only game why play?

61yrs • M •
[so if i just say Fuck it all ... r u gunna take offence to it?]

Well no, as a matter of fact I won't. But when you say "Fuck it all", do you mean that you've had enough and intend on taking as many of us with you as you can? Or will you go solo?

Or does this mean you do not care about the thread or what anyone says about being PC? Just so we know where you stand.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MrPink is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no i say "fuck it all" to people being PC like someone said earlier "i like to joke around" and that is what i was doing but if someone was going to take offence to then they are just to sensitive and they take things to seroiusly society has made people weak minded like other people i watch what i say in front of elders but they were my age at one time as well its for impression not to be PC i could rant on and on about being PC but thats all i have to say for now

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist"
 61yrs • M •

point taken

72yrs • M •
Lesson in being Politically Correct:
TV running as log on, prees. Bush is promoting that people should act to get Congress to admend the constitution to ban gay marriage.
He feels it is the only way because judges would rule against such action as unconstitutional. Pot calling the kettle black. As if he didn't sidetrack the people to gain his goal (war).

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy