Guys are like stars, there are a million of them out there and only one will make your wish come true. - ashleydepp737
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Stress

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stress
Stress, Good or Bad?
Most people View stress as a Bad thing, which it can be if you let yourself get overly stressed, Stress though does help us reach are goals in life. It motivates us.

So when your stressed out what Do you do to "unStress" yourself?

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, stress can be either good or bad depending on how you let it effect you. My fiance for example, it's a BAD thing. Every little thing stresses him out and it's been known to cause problems but we get through it. For myself if I find myself stressed out a bit I just let out a little scream and I seem to be ok then and get what I am trying to accomplish done. I get some really weird looks from my kids lol.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is eustress and distress and the first one is the good kind and the second one is the bad kind.
uh i kind of wish my life wasn't stressful at all i wouldn't have a problem with just living in the woods and doing w/e the heck i want all day and night ..... actually who knows maybe i 'd get bored

but yeah i guess we need some stressful situations in our lives but not too many, people burn out from too much stress

when i'm stressed out i try not to think about it or talk to my bf, and then just relax , watch some tv or go for a walk or just do nothing

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Unstressing-

My key is one of two things
1 Life has been a strange ride and I never take things to seriously as the whole deal of life seems to be a joke of sorts so I remind myself of that and get that who gives a damn attidute back.
2. Deep breathing it seriously works if something does aggrivate me that does the trick as you are forced to concentrate on breathing - your heart slows down and the body relaxes it is great

in in emergency situations breaking things seems to help....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i love the part in Analyze This where billy crystal is telling robert dinero that hitting a pillow helps get rid of stress, and then he proceeds to shoot the pillow several times...

i usually talk to my friends on the phone or go see a movie or treat myself out to eat in order to get rid of stress. a small amount for a small period of time is good for some extra motivation, but for the most part stress is just a waste of time.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stress used to be a large part of my life. However, in time I have figured out that I can either let it control my life, or I can control my life. I decided as usual that I control the things around me so stress shouldn't be any different.

Kinda like the other day when someone said to me "why do you fight so hard for things in your life". Nobody ever wins if they don't want to, there are somethings that you just don't mess with and for the most part that would be my children. You mess with them, and you have WWIII and WWIV on your hands. So, my kids are about the only major factor of STRESS in my life.

Chocolate, a walk with my kids, or just looking at my Grandson gets rid of everything I can be thinking about.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good stress, bad stress....stress is stress to me and it terribly sucks.

I totally agree with I R Me about the deep breathing.
When i'm stressed the FIRST thing I do is take a DEEP breath. Believe it or not just taking a deep breath really can help relieve alot of stress.

BUT usually that dosen't work fully, so I usually get down to the root of the problem causing the stress and deal with it. Get it over with, because until you do..... the stress lingers. Stressed about a bill?? Pay it. Don't got the money?? Borrow it. Stressed someone is talking crap?? Talk to them about it. Stressed about a test?? Study your ass off. Think your girl/man is cheating?? Set him/her up. Hehehehe. Etc. Etc.

When all else fails..... there is always the hot tub and Bud Light.

Wishing everyone a spectacular Tuesday.

Evilia

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Destress:

1. Have wild passionate sex under the stars!

2.Take a long warm bath and read your fav mag while sipping on some crystal.

3.Get a massage (anywhere on your body)

4.Take the day off work and go on a road trip for the weekend.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
uh what i was trying to say is just that winning a lotery is stressful too and noone seems to mind that ....

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ever done all of those things at once daisygirl? if not, im sure it can be arranged...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Would be nice wyote ill take a rain check

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
Stress
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy