For every action there is a reaction. Choose the right actions and you'll get the right reactions. - kouryuu
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Sense of Wonder

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sense of Wonder
How often do you get that great feeling of wonder- when you imagination and thoughts go flying off and you get this mild sense of euphoria?
Sadly for my as the years go by those moments have become so fleeting and rare. But as a young lad a lot of things did that for me books illustrations, photographs artworks movies etc. But in my teenage years it all took off like a psycho rocket when I played Dungeons and Dragons man that game did a lot for my brain it was like a drug really- i loved playing it - it would light my brain on fire.
Has anyone else noticed the growing absence of these fellings as you age?
My thought is that as adults (or psudo-Adults in my case) we have to focus and or setrtle on a reality so these feelings leave us as our minds close down so to speak we have learned what our reality has to be and we accept that and in a sense we stop learning or at least set up perameters and presumptions which are necesary to move forward but hinder us in different ways.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I may be young still, but I notice things starting to become more static. I still do have those moments of wanderlust and illusion. Yes, I do still play Dungeons and Dragons, I love the illustrations and artwork that the 3.5 system has. Just makes me wonder and oggle over this great fantasy land out there. I think however as long as we remember the child inside of us that we will always have these feelings. Even if everything around us grows up and becomes settled in a hard reality, we don't have to let ourselves do the same.

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
IR Me, do you have kids? I know that adults change a lot after having kids. Especially mothers. Some forget who they even where.

I think I understand the euphoria you're talking about. I can't explain it. But after my euphoria, I look up and realize that I exist. One day at the library, I picked up a book that had award-winning photographs. My imagination was flying from place to place with every new picture. The only thing that got me out of my state of being was the aching feeling in my feet because I had been standing up in the same position for twenty minutes.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wonder all the time. Sometimes, as I pass the downtown areas and see some homeless people, I wonder how they cope and how they feel. If it's a cold day, I feel cold with them. Sometimes I see people doing normal everyday things, like I'd be walking down the street and I'd see someone in their front lawn, and I'd wonder how life is like for them, what they're thinking, who their friends are. I try to enter the lives of random people by creating a life in my mind about them. I usually wonder about the lives of other people (sometimes animals too.) Then I'd wonder how life would be like if I didn't move, who my friends would be, what routines I would pick up. I get distracted easily and often when someone's talking to me, I pick up one main point and I think about it, which connects to other different memories, and I'd get lost in thought, and I'd be silent, which to some would appear to be an akward silence, but not to me because I'm not "there" with them anymore, I'm off wondering elsewhere...

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A FEW NIGHTS AGO, I thought the word fear... then i felt an overwhelming sense of it.

I then thought the word euphoria... and suddenly experienced it.

I sat down and started reading some work on neuro-psychology,
after a few minutes i had a consciousness expanding experience...

it was like those induced by halucinogens (or deep meditation, sensory deprivation, etc.) however i had nothing in my system- it had even been hours since i smoked a cigarette...

couldn't have been a flashback either because i have never been in this setting, or been thinking along those lines... no connection to past psychadelic sessions.

what ensued was something, I am just unsure as to what/

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 36yrs • M •
mondopopa16 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
does anyone know who created this server? or whoever hosts all these forums...(could it possibly be oriented this way for people just like us to ourselves give them our thoughts and kinda stay in check?....) well anyways...i myself have had this amazing revelation of the mind that extends further then the normal human subconciousness of todays world...if you feel like you have experienced this same thing...a feeling of control almost superiority above most of the "reality TV" people of today or pretty much everyone has their group and can be absolutely predicted....please send me a IM at mondopopa16(aim sn) or send me an email at mondopopa16@yahoo.com....i wanna get people who are like us together for some thoughts on some of the topics that are going on in this world that no one but a very select few seem to notice....(thusfar i only know me, my friend jess, and my teacher Kilbourne.) much appriciated

"who controls the past, controls the future:who controls the present controls the past(1984)"
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Get old enough and all that matters is your next good meal. You reach the realization that this is all there is and you don't want to participate because you've outgrown all the stories that man has invented.

I'm just on this planet for the food and blogging/commenting.

There is nothing left to give me a sense of wonder except a beautiful naked woman but even that is a futile pursuit. It's just not worth the effort after a while.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
Sense of Wonder
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy