Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

whats friendship?

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
lifeasweknowit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
whats friendship?
k me and my friend were kinda best friends but like lately we havent been as close and well she thinks its becasue we value friendship diferently and she balmes it all on me and well i know ive done some shit in my time but its not all my fault. she says that im a bad friend. i dont know what i have done to make myself a bad friend but i want to be a good friend. how can i do that? what do u guys think is important in friendship? id really appreciate your imputs

sal

"striving for mediocricy in a world of excellence"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Friendship? I don't know, hanging out with someone. And if you feel really motivated lend them an ear in bad times.
But just remember, it could always be your friend who's being a "bad friend" if there is such a thing.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is no such thing as a " bad friend " i think
a bad friend is not a friend at all
and a friend is a friend, someone you hang out with i guess
and a close friend is soemone you can talk to no matter what and about anything you want, AND you probably have fights with that person every now and then but you can always work them out b/c you understand each other and b/c you wouldn't wanna lose that person. and a close friend is someone that will help you when your life is not treating you well, AND a close friend is someone that's gonna have your back in a fight no matter if you're wrong or right.

so that's how I see friendship.... hope that helps you out a little.
just think about how you treat her and how she treats you and just sit down and figure out if you're friends or not and if you wanna be friends at all ...... tell her what you think is wrong with her and she'll probably share her opinnion on you .. if it works out then you know you have one person on your side, if it doesn't then i guess she's not really a friend.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 35yrs • F •
lifeasweknowit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thanks guys,
yeha i get what your saying Mia about there not beign such a thing as a bad friend. i thnk we are kinda close friends. i know hse would be there for me bu i can rely on her. awhile ago i got really drunk and well like it was kinda nearly to the stage where i could have needed to got o hospital and it was at her place and she kinda wasnt ther for me, i also dont remebr much but i knwo that i didnt wasn to stay there and that i didnt wasnt anyone to leave me by myself with her. i kept saying if u leave me here with her ill die. what do u think of that ? i dont know i found that out last nite. and well it kinda makes me think that i dont trust her that much
yeh we have talked about it and wellthe thing is she is a stubborn personand thinks she is good nad that she know best most of the time and well its hard to say what you actaully think around her. but i think it will go back to the way it was eventually we both just have to think about stuff more and how it will effect the other person.. but it still worries me that i didnt want to be left alone with her and i one of those people that when they get drunk the truth comes out and i say what im really thinking

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
does this friend of yours drink too? and im confused as to why you didnt want to be left with her... please explain...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
k well yeh she had been drinkin as well
but i thinki didnt want to be left with her because i dont trust her that much and well actualyl i have no idea why i wouldnt want to be left with her its confusing and im the one that said it

37yrs • M •
You were drunk (very). People either go to sleep or go crazy when drunk so I wouldn't think too much about how you were acting.

[  Edited by Angelfire at   ]
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being drunk is never an excuse for stupid actions as you know what happens when you drink alcahol so you make a conscious decision to go into that state- so I feel that can never be an excuse for poor conduct.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
hmm well if youre not comfortable around a person how can they be your friend? i am still confused by this whole scenario... you are only 15... what are you guys doing getting drunk anyway?

35yrs • F •
i dont think me being druck is an excuse for what i sadi or did and i dont ever want to be like that again i have definatly learnt my leason. i dont knwo how i can be uncomfortable around her and yet still be like the way i am. maybe it was just crazy talk.
k im about to turn 16 and my friends are all bascially 17 and i live in australia so we can basically drink next year anyways. it was like just after a party and we had all been drinkin anyways... i just didt relise how much i had drunk. so yeh that what we were doin drinking.. sorry to say but our laws are better than yours.

40yrs • M •
lol "better" is a relative term, but i see what youre sayin. anyway, alcohol never solved any problems for anyone. hope everything works itself out, as things usually do in life.

40yrs • F •
Rean is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
great! just what i need right now!...no not alcohol. anyway... friendship i think that it's something sacred. if a someone values your friendship it'll last a lifetime,well yeah there could be some misunderstandings,fights but hey whenever your in trouble besides your family who do you run to? your friends... they'll always be there even if you hate each other it's just how it goes...you never turn your back on your friends, you'll do anything just to help, they make you laugh and they're your confidants... you can always count on them when your in need... that's why i love them.... sometimes they'll scold about how stupid you are but then they only want what's best for you.. they are my second family... that's why when someone messes with any of my friends we do anything to protect them...
moving on as i was saying friendship is sacred you'd do anything to keep it, protect it and grow it. but when someone disgraces or destroyed a pact then they're not worth to be called your friend nor be included in your circle.

""reasons why people loves to hate me""
 37yrs • M •
Its not your fault you did stupid shit while drunk.
Its your fault you got drunk
Anyway, yeah laxist drinking laws are good. I find it weird people learn how to drive before learning how to drink.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ACTUALLY
alcohol solves some problems !
it brings people closer
and helps them have a good time
sometimes it helps them to relax and even study ( weird huh that's how it works for me)

and well you were really intoxiacted, so i wouldn't pay much attention to your words. your brain doesn't really function right when you're in that state. plus i doubt that there was anyone else in that room at the moment whom you trusted more than her... see what i'm saying ? you were just being weird, and if she said something bad to you that night that might have came out in the form of you thinking that you'd die if she stayed there with you

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
whats friendship?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy