Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Best Friend=Nightmare

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Best Friend=Nightmare
My gf has a guy bestfriend. As a lot of people know, that is a guys worst nightmare come true. But anyway, back on topic. Well, they are VERY close, and it\'s starting to get to me. She holds his hand a lot, and does extremely disturbing things like randomly licking people (even guys). I don\'t know what to do about it, I know she loves me, but how do I explain to her that she needs to stop acting like every guy she knows is her bf?

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I am assuming that you are not dating significantly older women as this sounds like rather juvinile behavior. You marrige plans may be in Jeopary- But don't cry you have a long time yet to find a suitable mate- just go with it and learn from it
But this liking people at random sounds like a rather peculiar neurosis. That sort of thing could lead to a problem or two if a stranger should take offence or the person in question is unsanitary - perhaps she requires therapy?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
Lol noooo I think you are reading a little far into it. She is in drama, and pretty much everyone in drama class at our school is just very random and spontaneous like that. She's the same age as me, and she's very mature so it's not the juvenille thing. I am just trying to get her to understand that right now she is commited to someone, and just doing the random things like licking people just isn't gonna work anymore.

52yrs • M •
Drama chicks are pretty wild and seem so open minded as well! But perhaps she justs plays it kinda crazy to get attention
What part of these people does she lick anyway?

35yrs • M •
Just the side of their face, she doesn't do it all slow and sexual, but I just don' know how to explain to her that it makes me feel uncomfortable.

52yrs • M •
Tell her you read astudy that you can get zits on your tounge by doing that- Maybe some humor is needed to break the ice so to speak- or maybe ask her why she does that maybe that would ease you into that conversation.

35yrs • M •
Yeah that's a good idea I might try that. Does anyone else have any ideas?

52yrs • M •
Yeah I got one!

Get some other drama chicks to come up to you and lick your face and hold your hand....

35yrs • M •
Yeah, I've said that one to her already and it did seem to kind of get the message across slightly better.

52yrs • M •
OK man I have to let you in a secret- I am involved with the arts and going to school I found the Drama people to be the strangest of all- They live in there own world and get really crazy when they are around other drama people it can be quite a sight indeed. Not to knock your girl- as a matter of fact the drama people while being weird are also usually nice.
So do you think this may be the tip of the iceberg.
Also maybe she is testing you to see if you will accept her strange ways or maybe she is testing you to see if you will indeed stop her or at least speak to her about it- maybe she is testing to see if you will stand up for what you feel. Or she could be completly oblivious- what colour is her hair?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I think you should tell her if it makes you uncomfortable. I mean, it will get it over quick and easy without having to deal with subliminal messages.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 35yrs • M •
Lol she has NATURALLY orange hair, hah hah it's so cute.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm i'm a girl and i only have one girlfriend (not best friend just girlfriend ) and the rest is guys
but i think my bf got used to that. like he always busts my balls about it but it's alright b/c i do the same thing to him about his girl friends.
soooo maybe you should try that method, just learn to deal with it if you turst her ...... joke around about it and you'll see yourself accepting the thought

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
I still think its a test man!
Keep us posted!

35yrs • M •
Ok well here's the news. Last night he made her cry, because he told her he wasn't her friend anymore and that he hated her. He's done this multiple times before too. He's just no good for her, that's what makes me so mad. He treats her like shit all the time, and makes her cry. How do I explain to her that he is no good, and that is not the kind of thing a true best friend does?

Best Friend=Nightmare
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy