Music is the key to all emotions. For example: a sad song automatically makes you sad. If you seek happiness, play a song you enjoy most. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

a pretty damn good book

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a pretty damn good book
have any of you ever read the catcher in the rye? i just finished it a couple minutes ago and i have to say that for some reason thats like one of the best books ive ever read--yet, i cant really understand why, because nothing really happens in the whole damn book. anyway, i dont want to spoil it for you if you want to read it or something. i don't know, but it was just incredibly well-written and its a shame jd salinger didnt write anything else. its a damn good book, and i thought it was worth mentioning.

"You are reading this."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree- it was such a great book I loved it so much- such a strange and melencholic tale Highly recomended! Yeah it is not your standard story line by any means-
Also the book was under some scrutiny years ago 10 or more as two crazy dudes in the news really loved the book one was a serial killer and the other was the guy who shor Ronald Reagan. So of course the media ran with this obscure fact... I think it was banned in libraries far and wide for a few years.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i read it a long time ago, 'tis a great book! i recommend The Perks of Being a Walflower as your next venture.... but then again i recommend that book to everyone i come across

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
great book one of the first books i read in english lol
but it's sooooooo damn good

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
I read that one on my own volition or rather with some prodding from my lady- Another book I did love from english class was "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner- very good I really loved it! Anyone else read that?

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah I read it for school ages ago, I thought it was a great book. I loved 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' too.
Books I recommend:
Thick Face Black Heartby Chin-Ning Chu
Cloud Streetby Tim Winton

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
Man I feel like I am in Oprahs book club- well sort of.
To kill a mocking bird was great as well- the movie was good to.

here is some more info on what I was talking about- the book and the contrvesy
http://www.rkpuma.com/catcher.htm
Indeed I hope it never becomes a movie as well- I have the same cover- very old and beaten-up. all dark red and mysterious looking.

33yrs • F •
Wallflower91 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i read the catcher in the rye and perks of being a wallflower. i wanted to be friends with Holden but i think i fell in love with Charlie as odd as that sounds. i liked the poem on page 70 i think it was. supposedly it was written by some psychologist guy and its not a suicide note. the fact that rocky horror is mentioned in this book makes me happy because that is one of my favorite movies. sometimes i wish Charlie were an actual person i could talk to. he's the male version of me. anyone else feel the way i do about the book?

"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"great minds think alike, even if they\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
a pretty damn good book
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy