Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what about books?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what about books?
I have noticed something that scared me. Not many people read anymore. My highschool, which is comprised of 2000 students, has about a 200 concentraiton of people who actually read for fun. Maybe once i reach college it would be different. I just sucks when you can only discuss some books you read with the history or english teacher.

personally reading a good book so much more better than a movie or a t.v show. In a book you can create the setting, and the characters, using the text as a guid lines. With t.v the setting and the characters are already made. Maybe no one has time to read any more, for that is the excuse i get from alot of aduts, but i think that is a bunch of bull nanny. what are your views on this matter?

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reading AND writing !!....tis a sad thing thats for sure. My son is graduating this year and if you read something he wrote on a piece of paper you would swear it was from a grade 3 student.
He used to read books....before X BOX was here ??

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that is so true. the reason why i have not been on this wonderful websie for such a long time, is because i made a vow on my 15th birthday to but away all electronics in order to better myself intellectually and in life. and you know it help me so much. i have read so much up on so many different topics and have truly expanded my mind. i no longer own a game system, nor games for my computer. this i think many people should think about doing.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
what about books?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy