Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Qur'an - Page 6

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I take this chance to apologize to Islam, one should have respect others, views & beliefs.
IN reguard to the goat, I would point out that Jesus spoke of goats among the sheep. Goats butt heads to show their maleness, puffing themselves up by it.
In this is shown those persons are closer to their given form of an animal than the inner form of being. So regard it as the nature of the beast in them. Which formed the goat footed demon with horns of christian conception.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I suspect you posted this because of the upset over the Koran. I heard that the protests that killed those 15 had nothing to do with Newsweeks article. It was a spin hoping to blame the protest on Newsweek rather than the U.S. involvement in Iraq, as was the purpose of the protest. The spin backfired on them - good.

I think what we did to the Koran was bad. What we did to the people is criminal.

When I was in the Navy - we had to actually take a course on how to properly treat POW and sign an agreement.

The government forced the hands of the brass to be monsters.

Its unforgivable - I think Mr. Bush, Chaney and Rumsfield and Gonzalez should go to prison themselves.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
I spoke this because I was given to do this thing as a Christian & a human being. http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=18479-u-frmid=23-u-page=1

poser exposer

Once in another place [which I am restrained from speaking of court order] they said to me 'What do you think now that you have failed?' I asked "Did Christ fail?
My part is to witness, spirits part is to convience. I had not failed." I did, what was the responsible thing to do. Spirit convinces [convicts], mine is to witness.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Forbidden Psalm is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i seriously have to add new information to those who think that islam is truly a religion and that the quran is a holy book i'm an arab christian living with moslims ,actually in an islamic community
moslims are not tolerant with their religion and they obviously know why and wut everyone knows. if u read the arab version of quran you'll find a lot of grammatical and vocab mistakes within the quran and it these mistakes have been pointed out so how can a holy book hold mistakes.
second: the quran gives lots of credit to men as they have the privilege to marry 4 times and not even once for a woman. women are treated as slaves in that book.
third: concerning prayer and "wedok" as they say it is mentioned in the quran that you can get cleaned up using sand and i do mean it SAND.
think about it

"" I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You put forth an argumnet, but you leave out the points that prove your point(s) of view. Why should we believe anything you say?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 72yrs • M •
I am just showing you something if you think so or not is up to you. I am a simple man therefore I like simple things, they tend to be more honest & open in that manner. Like the inipi, it is a simple constructure with simple symbolic references which may be similar to your own.
Example the inipi is low & the door is lower still, when you enter you greet the earth & all your relatives. A simple ceremony of 4 endurances. As the inipi reflects the earth & the covering the Heavens so there is only a thin veil between the representation & what it represents. For I have found that those with large churches tend to have large church buildings which they seem to Glorify themselves [their Church] because of its human size.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God, forbidden whatever, ur 17 , plz get some maturity.
First of all, I don't know why ppl judge a religion, any religion, by actions some of it's so called followers do. Yeah, geaorge Bush is a christian, ya he'z killed thousands, ya he'z a bloody bastard,but that doesn't mean that christianity is like that. If some fuckin mullah tries to steal the rights of non muslims or abuses women, please don't blindly take it to be islam.

oh and forbidden, I would be very intersted to know what u8 meant be spelling errors? lol
plz, try to prove ur points before making dumb assumptions.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
and okcitykide, regarding ur previous post on page 5, I presume 'they' means by the unbelivers. However, this does not include the people of the book, i.e the chirstians and jews, they may be non muslims yes, but not unbelievers, as the same God sent down the Torah, the Bible and finally the Quran

64yrs • M •
Why are we left to try to determine who "they" are. This creates a loop hole for those who do violence in the name Ala.

However, it is possibe that fault lies in the interpretation.

But Islam is a valid religion.

72yrs • M •
I hope Islam is not offended because The imaginery of people , herding goats & sheep is a lost symbolism from the times of the teaching of Jesus. So I thank you for the oppurtunity to teach it. [although I seems it has been tempered?]
quote:
In the NA Traditions is the Tunkashila, the tradtions of their grandfathers. So these people [christians] need to follow their Tunkashila [Word=Truth]. not their forefathers?

This Word is a living entity [written into their hearts] which teaches them, guides them & if they serve GOD then wonderous things will transpire by the Holy [Wakan-Tanka] Spirit.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=41051-u-frmid=17#44260

35yrs • M •
okcitykid, the 'they' isnot left up to us, the very defination of a non believer is that he does not believe in God and prophet Muhammad, which I think christians and jewish do. However, sadly religious extremists have made ppl think that they are too pea brained to understand religion themselves, and so all the interpretation is left up to them-and the results are before you.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"However, sadly religious extremists have made ppl think that they are too pea brained to understand religion themselves"

This i agree is very true, many ppl rely too much on the misguided interpretation of a few ignorant ppl leading to even greater ignorance.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is 2 forbidden, man u have no idea wot u speaking bout. the quraan is da most amiazing piece of arabic writing u will eva find. it has NO mistakes. m8 i'm a arab muslim. u don't no ur nahoo.

salaamz. kalb.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 35yrs • M •
lets try to stay away from pure opinions.
But yes, technically the Quran may be pretty much correct, such as scientifc matters etc, but the problem arises when it gives us laws which govern our day to day moral behaviour, and it restricts certain kinds of change, which therfore calls out for the need to evaluate the so called changes. Nowhere does the Quran state that women should not be allowed to go out etc, but it does place some moderation, and I think to some extent it has been beneficial, it has stopped girls and boys from having sex with people they hardly know and other such extremes.
I think we should live in moderation. Women should be allowed liberty, but not to an extent that your having sex at wild parties, and you get 'prestige' and acclaim for it, and the same goes for men.

64yrs • M •
quote:
and okcitykide, regarding ur previous post on page 5, I presume 'they' means by the unbelivers. However, this does not include the people of the book, i.e the chirstians and jews, they may be non muslims yes, but not unbelievers, as the same God sent down the Torah, the Bible and finally the Quran

I have to also very much agree with that anology. They do not believe but yet will dispute and this is vian.

To the Koran extremist - the word of God is not on paper, and I bet you can even find that in the Koran, as such truth is found in the Bible. The word of God can be found within us. The Koran and the Bible and other scriptures and story telling are roadmaps to that truth.

Lifes thorney path may cause errors in our heart, and likewise errors may be found on the map. Nothing is perfect in the physical world.

Because of this, it says, "Seek and Ye Shall Find." If all the truth was ever plainly found, then why should we seek.

The Qur'an - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy