If everything that happen's supposed to be and it's all predetermined -can't change your destiny- guess I'll just keep moving someday maybe, I"ll get to where I'm going. (Conor Oberst) - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Qur'an - Page 5

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Patrish you're still just spouting gibberish. The Crusades were as defensive as Gulf War 2.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Patrish, we all have to get rid of our biases if we are to have a fair discussion. Ok, so as you said, the crusades were started because of muslim hostilities, well the same thing happned with the muslims. In the beginign muslims were literally persecuted. They were made to lay on hot sand, with boulders on top of them, whipped and were dnied water. Many died in the process, as almost none denounced islam.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
Eventually the muslims had to flee to a safe place, and gradually a state developed comprimising of jews and muslims. Infact, muhammad even sighned a pact of friendship with the jews.
To cut a long story short(as no one seems to read long posts!), the muslims tried every hand of friendship with the jewish and christian forces, but were betrayed at frequent intervals.
These are not my opinions, i can give the exact dates etc if you want.

35yrs • M •
The same thing happned with the christian forces, and they wre the ones who attacked the muslim state first.
Thus many wars had to be fought to protect the muslim state. However, even when the chritistian states were captured, no one was forced to convert.

35yrs • M •
However, the fact is, the reasons for the wars was feeling threatned. The chritian and jewish forces felt threatned by the new religion of Islam, and thus attacked. The muslim forces felt insecure by the non muslim forces, so they fought as well. Either way, nither side was 'evil', and it would do us well to prevent such insecurities from arising amongst us today
peace

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
it would do us well to prevent such insecurities from arising amongst us today
peace

Amen to that. There is a group of muslims trying to do just that. I wish them the best.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would be SO HELPFUL if everyone wrote where they are getting their facts from. All this angry talk and name-calling has no point. Bring out your books so we can debate like adults.

It would alsod be VERY HELPFUL if we were open to other ideas instead of sticking by our biases. Come on people, let's be reasonable here.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
READ the 1st part...scholars have worked on this info, and are still working on it.

Tracing all writings and events of the time.

Thats where the info came from.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
quote:
Either way, nither side was 'evil', and it would do us well to prevent such insecurities from arising amongst us today
peace

Muslims, as long as they believe Christ existed...many should seek out His life.

I have no problems with muslims, but extremists.

So, the Quran speaks briefly on Christ...what do you know of His life?

36yrs • F •
I know only that which I have heard from Muslims and Christians, and historians.

Muslims also believe he was a compassionate man. They believe he was born without a father. His mother was Mary, a pure woman. He is said to be a prophet whom God revealed a religious text to.

Some Christians believe that he was the son of God. He was really compassionate and preached about forgiveness and tolerance. He was kind to the lower citizens like the elderly and the prostitues. His mother was Mary.

Historians believe that Jesus of Nazareth preached Jewish lawand that Paul of Tarsus was responsible for making Christianity a separate religion because people were complaining about the difficulties of following Jewish law.

That's all I know.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Historians believe that Jesus of Nazareth preached Jewish lawand that Paul of Tarsus was responsible for making Christianity a separate religion because people were complaining about the difficulties of following Jewish law.

I believe it

56yrs • F •
Jesus said Moses gave the laws because he knew the hardness of men's hearts.

He came to fulfill the law, and in doing so He also changed it.

For whoever believed Him would follow Him.

And Paul was a man who was a persecutor of His ppl. He took Saul, blinded him for three days and told him he was persecuting Him..Jesus.

Paul was converted by Christ Himself.
He was accepted as the one to 'replace' Judas. AS Christ choose Him Himself.

Evidence that he was converted made it credible, because he had a complete change of life. He instead sacrificed for Jesus, and gave up killing christians.

NOT an easy task by no means...so it was the Lord who threw him down and changed his heart.

He was given the Holy Spirit to have courage and inspiriration to live solely for Christ and spread His word.

Again, his life was a witness to Jesus. His rules were what Christ wanted...not what the Jews taught.

Eye for an eye, became turn the other cheek..... prooving Christ changed the laws and in order to follow Christ you had to accept His changes.
This also included Christ speaking of His church rather than the Temple.

He also fulfilled the Bread and Wine, and became the Bread and Wine for our sakes. That is our perpetual sarcifice. Transsubstantiation. The changing of the tangible to the intangible. The divinity of Christ is then in the Eucharist.

So....Christ did NOT teach Judiac principles, but instead pointed out the prophecies of His coming.

He is not just the son of God..but is God.

And He said whoever does not believe in Him shall perish.

36yrs • F •
What I said about Jesus and Paul is only what I learned from a text. But let us remain on the topic of this thread, the Quran.

For those of you who believe otherwise, the Quran actually speaks well of Jesus and Mary. There is a whole chapter in the Quran named after Mary. According to the Quran, when Mary returned to her people after giving bith to Jesus, she was treated harshly. However, she did not speak a single word because God asked her to fast and keep silent. She pointed to baby Jesus.

"But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?" He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live; "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable; "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"! Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute." (19:29-34)

64yrs • M •
quote:
(it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

This is one of the things that disturbes me about the Koran. You find this reference all through the book, just who are "they". Should you be labeled as one of "they", then you are worthy of death, it is these references terrorists use to justify their actions. This interpretation can only be disputed by the clergy, but I hear no disbute, and this is disburbing.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
As I was seeking a place to put this so I thank you for your post.

Adopted people and their ways. You are adopted by Indians? Kewl.

Is that like asking if you are a Child of GOD?
Do they keep Thy Commandments?

Way of the 'FlamingBush'
'Thou shall not commit murder' just as 'thou shall not commit adultery'?
So that 'sexual acts with spouse' is a 'special circumstance' justified by the 'marital relationship';
Then 'special circumstances' exist which justifies killing another human being?
quote:
Trick Question so respond accordingly

They say that God will not give you a burden to great to bear?
That He gives a Way for all to follow? But you have to put aside your own willfullness (waywardness) to find it. when you seek GOD's Will then you will find GOD's Way.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
The Qur'an - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy