To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why is Prostitution Illegal? - Page 7

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Prostitution is un-safe

No more than promiscuous sex.

quote:
it ruins marriges

Stupid people who shouldn't get married ruin marriages.

quote:
How would you like finding out your boyfriend or husband bangged a whore.

Ever rode the town bicycle?

What if you bang someone who later becomes a whore? Do you kill yourself?

Well, if you can't handle finding out such things, then obviously you need to screen who you date, and if you told someone you actually loved them, then found out, does that mean you didn't, or is your love conditional?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 32yrs • M •
Broham is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Didn't read all of this but

#1. Government can't make money off of it...this is the same reason marijuana and alchohol such as moonshine (if you know what that is) is illegal. Alchohol has a much worst effect on a person than marijuana...they can't make money though. I don't see why they don't just legalize it and make a little money of it, eh?

#2. It's wrong...this country was founded on Christian morals, right? I hope that some of leaders have enough descency(sp?) to stick to hard enough to NOT legalize something so wrong.

and I had a #3 at the beggining of this but I seem to of forgot it...oh well...those are my main points so enjoy I guess.

"As I have come to find out, people will do anything."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This country was founded on freedom from tyranny. Christian principles were indeed incorporated, but not all of them. The christian argument is a cop out because of the fact that the main priniciples which are never actually mentioned, are those found to be in most major religions and practices of common sense and decency to others.

You say it is so wrong. But you do not say why, other than it is unchristian, not wrong, or ruins marriages, no, unagreed upon infadelity does.

How does a single person who doesn't want a relationship at the time ruin anyone's marriage by having sex and paying for it?

And how is having unmarried sex for free any different than paying for it? Besides the money?

I'll tell you one reason, YOU HAVE TO LIE LESS! Very unchristian indeed, no, seriously.

Face it, you have NO RIGHT to tell consenting adults who they can or can't fuck or under what circumstances.

If you did, than that would me I would too, then I would tell you that you can't have straight sex, just because I think its so wrong, (though actually because you obviously need a taste of your own medicine to wake up), babies should come from test tubes, no chance of death for mom or child from conception to birth, no rhyme reason or ability to abort, gee, christians should be all over that.

Do you think 60 year old men should be sticking all manner of objects in 13-17 year old girls? Maybe even making others watch? As well as get paid for it?

Well, untill Gynecology catches up with the rest of modern science, I guess we're all gonna get used goods.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[b][i] I my just be 18 but i'm in college for criminal juctice and we have a paper to do on this subject, and the way my instructer put it was "it's 2 concenting people" and it's only illegal based on the exchange of money or something of value, but isn't that how most dates go, the guys pay for a movie or dinner and if their lucky they get to play hide the munkey. nevada has leagalized prostitution the girls that work have to get check ups every month and get a stamp on their card prooving their safe, in a moral way it seems very wrong because we hear all about kids being taken and sexual assaulted and beaten into doing it, and also hearing about women being beaten and killed when on jobs, if it was leagalized things like that wouldn't happen because then the government could step in.

"the more you try the more you learn right and wrong"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As the great George Carlin said, " Selling is legal - fucking is legal - but selling fucking isn't legal " .

" Why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away?! " lmaoooo

I can't follow the logic on that either, George, I can't follow it either.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 33yrs • F •
Midnight Rose is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i have always had a hard time undestanding why prostitution is illegal. I stronly believe that the only reason we have abusive pimps and drug-addicted, runaway prostitues is becasue it is illegal. If it were made leagal, many of those problems would go away, or at least diminish.
Take the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, for example. It is a perfectly legal brothel and there aren't any problems. She girls are routinely checked for STDs, they are trained in recognizing signs, and the clients must always use condoms. If they are uncomfortable with a client, they can turn him/her away and never have to do anything they don't want. They have safety precautions if a client gets out of hand. The girls don't even work everyday.
I really think legalizing prostitution would be a good thing.

Why is Prostitution Illegal? - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy