Life isn't easy for the people who are not cared for. Seek them out in the biggest of crowds and care for them yourself. No one else will. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Imagination/Dream theory

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Imagination/Dream theory
*Imajination(or dreams) is made up of tiny shape changing particles that can change their shape according to the subconcious(not neccessarily). This can only happen if the brain exerts some power or tries to pind patterns and shapes similar to finding diiferent shapes by connecting the stars.
If a person tries to imajine a car for instance, the particles will become completely unrelated, like a tree. You can see these particles when you close your eyes, and if you quickly open them, you will notice that they exist in front of you as well, but in a 2-dimensional way, like a painting. Thses particles are not something real or solid, they are all in the mind, and are a bit like amobea. These particles can also give the apperance of motion.*

Well, I am not sure if they cause imajination or dreams. But i m pretty confident of the dreams. All this happened to be quite a few years back, but i did'nt make much of it.
To see these different, often ridiculous images just close your eyes( or open them if the room is dark) and just stare with patience at 'particles' and let your imajination loose! I mean MAKE things out of the different patterns.
Anyway, this must mean that while we are sleeping, then we must be continuously staring at these particles, thus causiing differnt images, and with some help with the subconcious, dreams. And really, sometimes I have seen REAL faces! Faces which I have never seen before!.It all depends on your creativity.
Try it and tell me what you ppl think.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Historical aspect of the camera was a room in which light was allowed to enter through a small hole (aperture) the oppose wall formed a screen upon which the light focused world of our sight. Image setting in the darkness as the eyes adjusted to the light and seeing the images of life outside the box as being on the inside of the (box) room?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Imagination plays a large role in my life, I am like the Tiger Woods of daydreams. Imagination to me is much more about ideas although I consider myself a very visual person. Imagination takes me to many places and I see a great many things. I fell like my mind is an infinite plane, I can go just about anywhere. Sitting down and thinking or fantasizing is like a vacation and an adventure I have often felt that everyone should explore there inner world as much as the outer 'real' world.

It is intersting in the dicotomy of ideas already presented when applied to artistic creativity. When I was taking some drawing courses some students put a lot of effort into realism and employed some technical help like a camera obscura (the dark room with a pin hole) in order to acheive realism while other artist put all their effort into drawing from imagination which to them was the cat's meow.

What is really weird is when you become aware of the junk in your eyes- when you can focus on some dark spot in your vision and when you try to look at it it moves around- my thought was that it is junk trapped in the back of your eye any one else see that?

Anyway imagination is a crazy thing- a wonderfull thing to explore as well.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
Exactly I R Me, thats kinda what i was talkin about, you jus close your eyes and focus on one of those 'dark spots'(for me they are white),but they not only move about, I can form whole mini clips out of them, not only images.And its not like its happening in my mind, its happening right there in front of me, the 'dark spots' join togather, strech etc to form absolutly life like images!

52yrs • M •
When I close my eyes I often see this rapidly unulating pattern of green lights it is so strange. it feels like a tunnel of sorts that is undulating it is odd.

But I think I have seen the particles you spoke of as well. sometime ago I was at ta lake shore and laid down at an angle about 25 degrees or so and looked acrodss the lake I started to see the funny 'junk' in my eyes these black splotches I spoke of, aftertrying to 'see' more closely I did experience these tiny pings of light like tiny points of lights that appeared quickly moved a very short distance then dissapeared there were hundreds all at once- and yeah my imagination went wild mostly with strange thoughts of why I was seeing this 'phenomena' . Basicly I was looking at an acute amgle seeing these lights at the 'bottom' threshold of my vision an area where I usually only glance at things (ie the bottom of my feild of vision just above my cheek bone) This is the only time I have ever seen these lights- I think this is more of what you speak of....

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I also get that dark spot in my vision and cant focus on it because it keeps moving, i get it when i look into a bright light.

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 52yrs • M •
I realized that these spots move as your eye moves if you look up it will move up as well so you can never really focus on them- my thought is that it is junk in the back of your retina where light is focused like dust on a photo negative...

35yrs • M •
Yeah, I also noticed that you can't see these 'dark' spots directly. But I also see another thing. Unlike all those other 'particles' I sometimes also see colourless stings joined togather in different patterns, with little 'dots' connecting them.I dont know what to make of them, cause they don't make up images etc, and yes when you try to look at them, they move away. They are completly different from the 'particles' i was talking about.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how can your imagination and dreams depend on the "particles" if it's a product of your imagination ....

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Went to a fire walk once, after I walked the path, I told others to image their spirit walking over the coals to the other side then when they got their, reach back and pull their physical aspect to the other side with them.
May have helped, several others were able to walk the path that night?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 52yrs • M •
Good point MiA the particles are cool they can stimulate imagination but that s were the link ends at least for me. Imagination is an amalgamation of ideas a juxtaposition and melding of ideas. But as I think about this I guess we must further define 'imagination' are we talking creativity or the ability to conjure mental imagry? To me imagination has always been about both and they are linked and are unseperable
I have never walked over burning coals but I have ran out barefoot to get the newspaper on a cold winter morning- there were no spirits helping they were all busy pointing and laughing.

35yrs • M •
Right, lets just talk about imagination regarding imagry, although your creativity decides the type of images.
The 'particles' or whatever do not themselves become something, we give them images and meaning ourselves. Just like that they are a bunch of junk, but with your imagination, they form lifelike images. Maybe thats how dreams are made. I mean, there are a unlimitedamount of these things, and you can make just about anything out of them(though I still can't figure out how they could be so lifelike). Images in the brain are different, in dreams, the images are in front of you, so the efect could be caused by these particles, althugh the brain decides what image it wants to see, it kinda 'moulds' the particles.

52yrs • M •
So are the particles are to dreams and imagry as molecules are to matter is that what your getting at?
they are not the inspiration but are the makeup?

35yrs • M •
Yeah, kind of. I mean, all you have to do is disfuguire a piece of gum, and it can appear to you that that is obi wan kanobi with a light sabre or something. Wouldn't the same happen if you stared for about 9 or 10 hours at these 'particles'?

Yes, the particles are only a part(maybe) of the makeup, with the brain being the major inspiration. However, meaningful dreams(related to any happening while your concious) only occur seldom, while most of the time they are gibberish, you know, those short dreams which you hardly remember. Well, maybe they are cause withought any help from the brain, because whenever I see these paricles withought wanting them to become something, they become something really stuipid, like a tree or something.

Imagination/Dream theory
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy