We discover what works by finding out what doesn't work, those who never made a mistake, never made a discovery. - Moonlightshadow
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Recurring dreams

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
zerokool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Recurring dreams
Recently I have been doing some research on recurring dreams and have found some interesting info.

My question is what do you think they mean?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it probably means that the subconscious is trying to tell the consciousness something that it feels is important.

"You are reading this."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that dreams are an expression of the subconscious mind and if the dreams are reaccuring perhaps that is due to reaccuring issues in the waking world that are not being dealt with. I will tell you of my reaccuring dreams- often I dream that I am back in High school or university and the semester is near an end and I realize that there is only the final test left and I have missed all the classes and am stuck unable to finnish the classs or drop it.... Part of my fears in waking life concers the repayment of my outstanding tuition and my inability to officially graduate until I do so. Reaccuring dreams are interesting but not as interesting as lucid dreams. If you pay attention to your dreams you will remember nmore of them take the time in the morning to try to remember your dreams and make the time to write them down- you wuilll be amazed at what yoyu will recall with some practise

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think i'm gonna start doing that ! i don't know if it'll work though .....

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did you have any luck trying to remember your dreams MiA?
Dreams are damned weird sometimes...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey ir me the dream you were talking about is actually an example of what freud categorizes as "typical dreams."
the dream goes something like you're back in school and can't pass a test that in reality you've already passed. he was saying that it hardly ever happens that you dream of failing a test that in reality you actually did fail or havent taken yet. this dream almost always occurs when having trouble overcoming something in waking life.
by being unable to pass the test in the dream, you probably find yourself saying, "hey, i already passed that test," which basically serves as a reminder that you have overcome hardships before and therefore can overcome others.
there are only a few of these so called "typical dreams" according to freud.

"You are reading this."
 32yrs • F •
kaitlins mummy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi there I'm new to this site.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what a recurring dream of being chased around an unfamiliar hospital means?
I've had the same dream 3 times within the last 3 weeks. It always starts and finishes at the same place as the time before when I wake. I've never had recurring dreams before so this is kind of bugging me now! Would it help if I wrote the details down for the next time I have it ? It makes me not want to go to sleep as I don't know what's going to happen next, stupid I know! If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kelly
X

Recurring dreams
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy