Why do you try so damn hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cheater or not

User Thread
 55yrs • F •
starlite is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Cheater or not
I used to ignore my dates when they always checked out other women in front of me. Then I found out they all cheated- is there a direct correlation between that and a guy that will cheat. How about flirting too? What do the guys say?

"UGH"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think that there is any direct relation. I personally "check out" countless women each day, because I think women are beautiful. Simply put, I enjoy beautiful things in nature, like the waterfalls in Hawaii, or a tall brunette with long curly hair and green eyes.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
me agrees with Wes on this one

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 55yrs • F •
starlite is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanks guys. This is a great site to get those insights on unanswered questions we all have.

"UGH"
 55yrs • F •
To the guys
How would you feel if a woman dropped you a note in a restaurant or other kind of place and it said something like you caught my eye with a phone number- would you call?

"UGH"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Would probably depend on how cute the girl is
Anywho if you the guy the right 'look' he'll call (unless he has a gf etc..)

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
[  Edited by Angelfire at   ]
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From the earlier question I would have to disagree with wes. I beleive there is a corolation If a man checks out other women when on a date he obviously lacks discretion and any respect for their partner. If you can't hold their limited attention span then your wasting your time! Don't get me wrong any man or woman who would behave like that on a 'date' of any sort is at fault not you. Attention to a date is part of the social contract and if they cannot abide by that or even acnowledge it ,there will no doubt be more problems in future concerniong respect.
Although I will agree with Wes in the fact that it is part of man's nature to check out women... But be weary if your woman is with you much of the visual cortex is set aside for the task of determining what someone or something is looking at- so look at your own risk! It is one thing to steal a glance it another to blatantly stare while in the company of others.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 44yrs • M •
I can agree with a part of that I R ME, but then aren't you being less than truthful to your woman when you aren't telling her that you are noticing the women/woman?

If you are slyly looking, and you get caught and say "...oh honey, I think I know that woman from somewhere..." then are you then trading the truth for a lie?

(oops forgot to answer the previous Q?)
I would call, I like it when women are open (no pun intended) and forward, and that is just the right amount of forwardness. I think it wouldn't intimidate me, like lets say she came up and put the number in my pocket and whispered in my ear.

52yrs • M •
A very good point Wes, indeed there is some deception there- however to sneak a peak still acknowledges their presence while a blatent stare tells the date they don't give a damn- to look and to lear are very different. If my lady catches me stealing a glance she makes some remark like "she's hot isn't she "or something like that meant as a teasing jest- but if i were to stare I am positive I would get a cuff across the head... The situation in the origional post is somewhat vauge- I think though you can look at a date as a trial run of sorts and a glimps of a persons character that they wish or try to project If that person also shows a blatent disregaurd for social norms than its a fair bet they will act that way also. I guess the bottom line is it is up to the partner to what behavior they will accept and tolerate.

44yrs • M •
Point made...slyly looking should just be accepted by the woman though, either way. Gawking is definitely distastful.

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Wes and I R Me somewhat, but if a guy does stare/gawk at girls when theyre with you or on a date with you thats crude and I know from my on experiance and from my friends. It makes you feel like your ugly and that they have to look at other girls cause your not enough. But I dont mind if guys appreciate girls beauty etc. because I do it myself, I find myself looking at girls more so then I look at guys?
My boyfriend sometimes looks but only for a short time, but I know when hes going to notice a girl because I notice her first and point her out because I know which girls appeal to him. And we joke about it sometimes, but hes not one to gawk because Ill have his balls if he does and joking be shitty at him.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
I beleive it is in our nature to look and if it is not we will continue to look anyway. To me looking is just that there can be a lot of 'satisfaction' (for lack of a better word) in looking I feel little desire to touch and less to go beyond that. I can't enjoy the looking as much when my lady is around as I reighn in my needs or urges to look out of respect (now don't get me wrong I am not totally perverted and I never stare, and take measures to never offend make people uncomfortable) . From the origional post if the tables were turned and if I am out with my lady and she leared at other men in front of me I would find that unnacceptable indeed. Can I also post a sub question-How do you feel if someone is checking you out? are you flattered, disgusted, frightened, amused or confused in disbeleif?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Checking out other girls is completely normal, doesn't matter if you're married, have a gf whatever.
Checking out other girls while your gf is AROUND is disrespectful and insulting.
The best is when both partners check people out, and they don't have to worry about it

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In reply to I R Me's previous question about how you feel when your being checked out?

I feel flattered and alittle embarrashed, but if its an old seedy, leering fart I'll probably feel disgusted and vulgar.
I work on a checkout at my work and I always get old men chattin to me and saying, "Oh thats such a pretty name". Or, "Is your mum as pretty as you?" etc. Yeah its pretty seedy.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
Cheater or not
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy