Guys are like stars, there are a million of them out there and only one will make your wish come true. - ashleydepp737
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Gaming

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gaming
This forum is for anything that has to do with Gaming. Post anything related to gaming, reviews of games, new games coming out that you have some scoop on, what games you like, high scores. Let it be from Nintendo to Arcade, from PC to X-Box.

First off, what systems do you guys have? Do you like them/are they worth getting?

I had the old Nintendo and Sega, I have Snes, N64, Gamecube, the earlier gameboys, and my good old friend PC.

I was also wondering about such things as X-Box and PS2. I got gamecube because I remained loyal to Nintendo, but most of the games that come out on it are for 7 year olds.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My son plays with these gadgets, but sorry, I honestly cannot help.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sentient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My brother and I have a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Playstation 2, and a Gamecube, as well as a PC.
My favorite gaming genres are Rpgs and Sports, although my favorite game this past year has been GTA: Vice City.
I just enjoy stealing cars, mugging people, and evading the police (in the game).

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh jeez, where do i even begin...
NES, sega genesis, 32X, segacd, dreamcast, n64, gamecube (with gameboy player), ps2, gameboy, gameboy advance, and a pc... wow i have a pc, imagine that

i love me some RPGs... Rockstar seems to be makin the best games at the moment, watch for Manhunt, it looks wicked! oh and i gotta play FFX-2! *sniff sniff* why did squaresoft have to merge and change to square enix? it just sounds so odd... *marvels at my own dorkyness*

sentient - yes, i love doing all of those things as well... in the game... yep... *whistles innocently*

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the past I have had the original nintendo, sega and super nintendo. I didn't like the Sega. The controls were too weird for me. LOL.

I currently have a nintendo 64, gamecube and a pc. I like adventure games mario and donkey kong and sooooo many others. I also like the competition games like mario party and golf and such. And puzzle games, can't forget those.

My sister has a ps2 but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. One of these days.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • M •
OMG! a female that plays video games... will you marry me? LOL J/K! hmm ... how old is your sister tho?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My first console was the Snes. From there I really became a PC gamer. I've since been into lots of different kinds of games. RPGs (baldur's gate and fallout 1 ROCK), RTS games (Starcraft), FPS games (counterstrike) and turn based games (Master of Orion 2 and the civilization series ROCK).
I'm currently into civ3 and am usually having fun building empires

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 47yrs • F •
Hey Wyote, sorry but I'm taken already...LMFAO. Got two sis's that aren't taken, well one is bout to be not taken, and I don't think she is interested in guys right now. However I do have one that is 18 and I believe to be single. Not quite sure on that one though. LMFAO

Em

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ExplodingGopher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey. I have a PS2 and Gamecube currently hooked up. Most games for Gamecube are juvenile, but I found some good ones. Especially MKouble Dash. Great game, no matter how old you are.

Definately would recommend the PS2, it's a great system and all the games kick ass. GTA 3/VC also rock. Plus, it plays DVDs for when you're really bored.

As a side note, I also have an old Atari XE system. That thing is so much fun, I'm tellin ya. I would recommend everyone play the old Atari games before going out and playing a new system.

""The truth to be fair is that dreaming was the first mistake.""
 47yrs • F •
I remember the Atari. Use to play Space Invaders and one other (can't remember the name of it) all the time.

What would all of you say is your all time favorite game? Doesn't matter if it's an arcade game, an old gaming system or if it's newer.

Em

40yrs • M •
Tempest on the Atari rocks. Dark Wizard on the SegaCD is my all time fav... i know ive posted that somewhere on here before.... oh, and of course there is Pong, who doesnt love that game? hehe

PS - my dad is a huge Astroids fan.

35yrs • M •
I don't know what is my all time favorite game, because I don't really know what I like. I mean I am really good at FPS games, and I am bad at RPGs but yet I still love them.

Hey, do any of you guys have Teamspeak on the comp. And if so what games do you use it for?

40yrs • M •
i have never heard of "Teamspeak" ... what is it? what does it do? *guesses its some sort of translator* ....

35yrs • M •
It is freeware that you can download. It is big server that allows you to make your own servers and what it is for is that it lets you talk using microphones over the comp.

It is a very sweet thing to have for FPSs but it can be used for anything. It just set up to be for gaming but I am sure it is possible to even make a debating server on it.

40yrs • M •
so whose heard news about FF12? it looks really good, but Vaan looks very different from previous male heroes of the game, while Ashe looks more or less like the old females... at any rate, cant wait to play!

Gaming
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy