Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

All Things Hockey - Page 2

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am surprised you guys have not brought up the "bertuzzi incident" yet.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm yes, i was about to but then didnt for some reason, but now i will

i saw his apology and it did seem sincere to me, the only thing i had a problem with was him saying something like "i dont play like that" which is a bunch of BS because he just did play like that. he should have said something like "i have learned from my mistake and will try to control myself in the future....la de da" or just left that whole comment out period.

im just happy that Moore didnt suffer any nerve damage! (or so they say)

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree and dissagree-
He really trierd to whack the guy (moore) and looked pretty determined- it was no accident by any stretch of the imagaination- he went way to far indeed!
His press conference may have been a performance as well but I think he would most definetly be upset as:
his image is permantly tarnished,
he looses over 500 large
and most likely a whole lot of endorsment value
respect of his coleagues and fans
He will miss out on one of Vancouvers best shots at the cup
He would surely be an allstar next year- now who knows?

Certainly a lot to cry about aside from any guilt...
Also the timing of the conference was perhaps in hopes of swaying judgment regaurding the suspension

I think he got his deserved punishment.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
Aves beat the Coyotes 4-1. with only ten games left, can they pull off a tenth straight division title? whose better - Salo or Aebie Aebie is IMO.

52yrs • M •
Sorry dude I just don't like the aves- They are tolerable without Patrick roy- I am hoping though that Vancouver or Detroit wins the west and on the other side Ottowa Toronto Montreal or even Tampa wins that would be good- being a Canadian I am hoping for an all Cnadian matchup in the cup.
Let me ask you this Wyote how big is hockey in Co. compared to Fotbal, Baseball and Basketball?

I am also wondering if you play or have played hockey?

40yrs • M •
*grumble grumble* not Detroit... Vancouver i could live with tho altho, there seems to be about as much bad blood with vancouver as there is with detroit right now... hmm... hockey is the sport in Colorado, football is still big too (but i hate the broncos). it gets nuckin futts around here when the Aves make it to the playoffs. suddenly EVERYONE is a fan... it kinda makes me mad actually, theres no loyalty here but its big id say, much bigger than most states, but nowhere near canada... as they say, hockey is religeon there. oh and as for basketball... the Denver Nuggets... uhh need i say more? .... baseball is pretty far down there as well... Rockies suck and have always sucked... and will continue to suck... on the up side, tickets to baseball and basketball games are really cheap! (comparatively that is)

52yrs • M •
With Detroit there are a lot of good players on that team... However I hope the Canucks do something this year as well Calgary is putting a good run together. Yes hockey is by far the biggest sport in Canada - it is a lot of fun to play even floor hockey or road hockey!

40yrs • M •
oh yea, i forgot that part of your question lol sorry... i would love to play and made many *lame* attempts at being a goalie in elementary school... but im in a wheelchair and im also extremely lazy.... so you can see where i run into problems as far as actually playing

52yrs • M •
Oh, I had no idea- is this a permanent thing if I may pry? I to am lazy to much so....
Canadians are so fanatical about hockey there is something called sledge hockey for those who are parapalegic- perhaps that is something that is availible in CO.?

40yrs • M •
yea permanant, tis a birth defect, PM me if you have more questions... sledge hockey eh? never heard of it! i played tennis for a while and i tried basketball but again my lazyness got the better of me... assuming i did look into this "sledge hockey" and did somehow find a place where its played around here, im sure i wouldnt do it for very long sad i know but thanks for the tip nonetheless

52yrs • M •
Hey no problem-
I tried this game many years ago in this "sports class" it was fun.
The Colorado fans have had things so good as well The avs have been there 10 years and have had two cups and have allways been contenders- now with a good market they have the deep pockets and still a lot of talent but in two or three years things may change as a lot of those players may be moving on...

40yrs • M •
well, the team has changed completely from what it started out to be. with Roy gone and our captain well on his way to retirement, its just a matter of time before they will need to do some serious reconstructing... i have faith tho win or lose, ill always been an Aves fan. Aebie is turnin out to be a nice predicessor to Roy and weve picked up a few good players here and there, so all hope is not lost

52yrs • M •
I am wondering what will happen to the league under the new Collective agreement? Things may shake up big time- I would like to see more of a salary cap so the smaller market teams are not always struggling. For example Calgary used to be such a dominant team now there is no chance of that happening again as things are set up now- I like the parity of the NFL at the start of the season there is no team that can be totally counted out you just never know what will happen.

40yrs • M •
yea it would be more fun if the cup wasnt more or less "bought" each year... but hey, i cant do anything about it

52yrs • M •
I hope there is a much lower salary cap coming like 30 million or something like that very low with a much freer system of player movement to make things more voloitile ie teams can build over a single season.

All Things Hockey - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy