Define freedom; but how is that possible when we as human beings have never experienced it? - zerokool
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I Find Myself Here

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
akal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I Find Myself Here
People change, they grow older and wiser, their perspectives and outlooks on life change and our minds in terms of thought change too. This is why I am here. In the past year I've experienced some changes in my perspectives and thoughts. I realize concepts more clearly like theories and anthropologiest matters. My humor has broadened due to my increase in imagination and I find my social outlooks have separated from the normal "teen cliche". I grow more impatient with what I consider "simple minded" kids at school. I'm wondering if I'm going through some mental revolution that is making me nuts or more gifted. I guess the question is... am I going nuts? I'm aware that some people at school and around the society have noticed my change in attitude and have grown slightly skeptical... I'm not a, what you would call a geek but I do know I think differently from a great deal of people, and I know they know it too.

If you have some advice or answers that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

"why? -is what makes us different"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wish I had gone through this kind of "mental revolution" when I was still in high school, I had to wait until I was about 19 for the way I thought to start evolving. The problem is now I have little tolerance for ignorant people. I'm in college now, studying all kinds of different things, and it seems like evrything that I learn becomes a new intruiging world in its own. If you haven't thought about it already...consider college, or at least some coursework at a college, the difference between high school peers and college peers is amazing.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • M •
akal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm definitly going to college. And I've been told that the atmosphere there is so much more intellegent, broad-minded and accepting -which inspires me. And it's true, even in highschool... everything I learn seems to take on a new world in itself. Sometimes it's confusing! Thanks for the inspiration!

"why? -is what makes us different"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Every once in awhile I get the same feeling, and I have been since last year. For me it just comes in phases where I can't tolerate ignorant, simple-minded people, and become really skeptical and questioning of everything.

Maybe we're all going nuts, but I'm pretty sure it's normal. But then again, maybe we're all just pompous, stuck-up bastards.

Jeez I hope not...

45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Aura is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
More power to you in your pusuit of knowledge. Just try not to become haughty as you educate yourself. Hate to sound cliche, but keep humble in the thought that "the more you know, the more you know how much you don't know."

In my opinion, being skeptical - especially in regards to things that you have limited information on - is not a bad thing. It shows that you at least require credible sources or careful reasoning behind thoughts that you decide to put weight on.

Some of the best benefits I notice in being more knowledgeable/broad-minded is becoming less quick to judge/stereotype as well as becoming more tolerant of differences in regards to culture and such.

"I'm here to live... OUT LOUD!"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one word...maturity! lol, you're simply maturing....there comes a point when you get sick and tired of the same old same old, and you look for better things in life...you begin to open yourself to culture and different perspectives. Its also called living in the real world!

"my name says it all!"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yup the cute and cuddly kid is right
i had that happen to me not long ago and i bet it still is, i guess it keeps on happening all the time but only once in a while you realize it
i know i'll do something or say something then then just freeze and think about what i just said and that i think on a whole different level then i did before, i think it's amazing i just LOVE noticing all kinds of changes in myself and just anything that feels weird LOVE IT.... so fuckin cool
i know my sense of humor changed because i find myself saying things that are TOO sarcastic, a lot of people don't even get that i was joking and think i'm an asshole ... heh and i try to be a good person, try as hard as i can. if i believed in god i'd prolly get up every day and pray and ask god to help me be a good person .. i guess i'm becoming a little bit more bitter ? that's not a good thing but that's what you get for getting mature .....
dumb teen: some people get mature faster then the others due to rough times in their lives, so if something happened to you that might be the reason for all the changes. i know it started happening to me after i moved to US and went through the cultural shock and left all my family and friends behind... it wasn't fun but i think it made me grow up, so i'm happy with it
i dont' wanna write too much because nobody's gonna read it.

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You'd be suprised how many people actually read every single post Mia.

Where did you move from?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Growing up...awww yes....i know that one real good!....Because i'm still in the god damn (pardon me) process! ..... ....I believe one changes when one gains new knowledge.During the past week.....everything you guys have talked about i have realized...and i just joined this sight on the day i figured out everything (can't exlpain!) But growing up is a process, and during a process more information is gathered....and when that happens the system in which the process began....gets upgraded!....(computer talk lol)

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 33yrs • F •
brokenmirror is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Even I find myself getting frustrated at the ignorance of my peers. It's all a part of growing up and maturing faster than the people around you. Everyone tells me it will be different after high school. Too bad I have 5 more years until high school is over. Guess I just have to patient with all the irritating people just like they are trying to be patient with me. People say I overanalyze....so sad for me.

"...when we awake, what will remain?"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, it is definetly Maturity catching up. I was more mature than most teens in my Middle School years...I think what it truely is the final breaking of being an collective. During MS/HS you are expected to be like your peers in every way possible...conformity...Maturing is something that breaks that mold of conformity, b/c you no longer find the simple ignorance of others acceptable. You are growing up. Things will change, from your mindset to your physical image...yes, you will grow hair in funny places, your voice will crack...its evolution...its maturing...its me repeating myself all the while...You already know what is happening...You are becoming at least a step closer to being a Young Adult...just don't let others get you down, or drag you to their levels. You are awesome!! Huzzah for us Mature ppl out there...for one of us there are at least 4 that are not...Huzzah!!

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
HUZZAH!!!

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If Akal's a nut, then I'm a nut. I've been going through my own revolution since fifth grade. I don't see things the same way my peers see them. At times, I felt very lonely and even paranoid for some of my perspectives. But this isn't something I would give up.

Ignorant people annoy us all because information is easily accessible at libraries, public schools, free newspapers etc. It's also a maturity issue. I find myself thinking "If only this girl where to think about the issue, she wouldn't be having all this trouble." Well, I try to get those kind of people to understand me. It broadens their perspectives.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is knowledge? can one person have more of it than another? because one person is drawn to different ideas, concepts and social excercises than another, does that make them more or less mature or intelligent? or are thoes just words we use to classify what is unclassifyable, the human experience?

"dont got one"
 36yrs • M •
mondopopa16 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
does anyone know who created this server? or whoever hosts all these forums...(could it possibly be oriented this way for people just like us to ourselves give them our thoughts and kinda stay in check?....) well anyways...i myself have had this amazing revelation of the mind that extends further then the normal human subconciousness of todays world...if you feel like you have experienced this same thing...a feeling of control almost superiority above most of the "reality TV" people of today or pretty much everyone has their group and can be absolutely predicted....please send me a IM at mondopopa16(aim sn) or send me an email at mondopopa16@yahoo.com....i wanna get people who are like us together for some thoughts on some of the topics that are going on in this world that no one but a very select few seem to notice....(thusfar i only know me, my friend jess, and my teacher Kilbourne.) much appriciated...or if there is a better way for ourselves to converse please do so....(this is definitly not a maturity thing...not when you can read people's faces, or know what their going to do mearly by a glance at them...kinda predicting it...as well as being able to tell one's life to them after only a few hours of knowing them and not talking anything along the topics of their life....)....think about my suggestions and tell me if ya have really been having these thoughts and insecurities...i am seeking a better way for us to cope with this...again i appriciate it....please dont waste your time doing getting in contact with me if ya havent been feeling this way cus i will know and will then just play with your brain and try to make you realize things you dont want to admit to yourself...thank you

"who controls the past, controls the future:who controls the present controls the past(1984)"
I Find Myself Here
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy