When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Medication for depression? - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i c ic but she won't talk to you ?.. .
heh if i lived in the same house as you i'd talk to you ALL THE TIME

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
awww thanks! shes 10 though, so all of our convos are pretty short... and we dont have much in common

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Antidepresants are weird- I was really depressed last year as well as terribly lethargic. My doctor put me on Prozac I think it helped my come out of where I was but it really seemed to dull me quite horribly. There is some value in it but I agree with some points made that it does not solve the real problems. Talk about dependancy as well three days after stopping man did I feel strange!
There is certainly a terrible stigma on antidepresants as well- why I am not sure- if your brain needs some help so be it. It certainly does not turn your life into a personal utopia or make you happy all the time

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with most people on this Forum, anti-depressants are a NO NO. I always say the I've been depressed ever since I was popped out of my mum. I know its a horrible thing to say but my childhood was absolutely terrible. I was the only one out of my twin bro and my older sister to ever be hit, I got blamed for everything that went wrong. Can you imagine a 5yr old being blamed for things she didnt do and being bashed for it.
My mother did smack she used to bash me and it hurt so bad not the actuall pain just the emotional pain that my mother didnt love me and there was something wrong with me thats why she didnt love me.
Im a pretty reserved person, quiet and shy most times and pretty insecure, but Ive improved heaps ever since Ive met my partner and his wonderful family who show me what real family love is.
My family used always pick on my and I wasnt allowed to have my own opnion otherwise I'd get hit or I always had to do everything theyd say no matter what. I was so affraid of my mum when I was little that I was in the bathroom about to take a bath and I thought she was going to hit me so I jumped into the bath and hit my knee on a loose, jagged tile and split my knee open and it was gushing with blood everywhere, so I had to get stitches I have a scar on my knee which is pretty ugly. So thats why I feel depressed all my life because I felt that I was nothing and that I could never do right and I was a dumbass. But I say to my partner when we have children I think thats going to be my turning point when Im not going to be dpressed anymore and Ill treat my kids so well and love them like I was never loved.

I would never take drugs for it but I think maybe if it gets to a point where its manic and if it will help and there is no other solution than yes take it but I do agree that its a state of mind and emotional issues which I think Talking about it to others even professional councillers etc. I think talking about it and getting help from loved ones is the essential key to a happier person.....

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
It sounds like a tough Childhood Daisey I can relate. Talk thereapy can be very very good it really helped. In many ways I have had difficulties throughout life trying to fit it feeeling like when I do I have been in a disguise of sorts.
Years ago I would go through tremendous mood swings from horrid depression to these incredible feelings of life- If I could i could feel those highs again I would be thankfull but the lows were no t worth it.
I think my venture into these drugs was helpfull- they did help me get going again- They do alter you and you become perhaps ingenuine or altered for some time - so is it they are helping you or are they altering you temporarily.

I am concerned DaiseyGirl- do you think having children will make you happy? what if it does not?

43yrs • F •
No im not using them as an exuse to not get help, what I meant was that will be when Im truely happen because thats when Ill have everything that ive wanted to achieve me and my partner talk about having children all the time. There are other things that make me happy and ive started to find myself these days like now im studying im alot happier, now me and my boyfriend have stop arguing and ive opened up to him more and he dosent feel left out in my world. And he makes me happy he always tells me how beautifull I am and he incourages my to keep trying and be who and what i want to be. I also have better friends and work is looking up at times etc. Sorry I R Me if you thought I was using the fact that I want children for an exuse to put my depression onto them I'd never be so stupid and insensitive.
Children is what we always talk about when we see little babys at shops we always go all gooey. Having children is one of my goals in life but only after Ive finished study and gotten the job that Ive wanted.
I havent been depressed for awhile now the only time that I really do is when I think of my family and the way they are towards me and my partner, Ive been with my man for 5 years now and not once has my mum been nice to him or meet my partners mother. Its pretty sad but true, I hate to see what shell be like at our wedding in the future?!

52yrs • M •
That sounds great! I like the term gooey I must admit to feeling Gooey around children as well I have very much warmed up to that idea but I am not certain as to how far down the road that is. Maybe your mother will come around- coincedentally my Lady's parents absolutly hate me so I know what you mean. But I say screw it I love my lady and not her parnents...

43yrs • F •
Im not really close to my mum mainly my brother, but at first my partner was annoyed but when he realised i/he couldnt really change anything we just deal with it. Im not making exuses for my mum but she unsociable to everyone I dont like it but I cant do anything about it. One day im going to say to my mum, i hate the way you treat/ed me as a child and ill never forgive you but im a better person from it know whats right and wrong and that the way she f&*ked up my head was completely wrong.

54yrs • M •
Solomon55 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People taking mao inhibitors have to follow their doctors' instructions. The medication ought to be taken in the right dose for the right period of time. It can take 3 or 4 weeks until the medicine takes effect. Many people take the medicines for a short time, and some people take them for considerably longer periods. Individuals with long-term or severe depression may need to take medication for a long time.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rainman05 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would suggest that if you are in a depression, get a parrot. A really smart parrot. They are considered to be the best pets for someone depressed and to keep people out of depressions.

The smarter they are, the better they are

Medication for depression? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy