For things you have missed, you have gained something else; and for things you gain, you lose something - Summit
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

It's funny how people are...

User Thread
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's funny how people will tell others that they don't have a problem with someone but won't tell that person. And how they will say that the other person has the problems with them. I'm also finding it funny how one person would be willing to work out problems with some other people if it weren't for one particular person.

""Live life to the fullest!""
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The internet is an odd place, and people are people, and that is not always easy to deal with.

Best wishes on a resolution.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People in real life are wierd. A lady sits next to me at work, she thinks I don't like her. I figure somebody told her something - I don't know, but she tells everyone that I don't like her? I would tell her that I like her, but then she'd think I was flirting with her and I'm a married man. So I leave it alone, keep my head down, and do my work - she's crazy. I pray for her though.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why don't you just start some small talk, somethings are better left unsaid, so just make casual conversation and forget the topic of "he siad she said"?

Just an idea...

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 64yrs • M •
The ice broke - we are talking, but I still don't understand where she got the idea I didn't like her?

37yrs • M •
beachboy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey hows it goin everyone? I'm new here, but the first thing that hit me when i read this was, that I'm a highschool student and I'm sure you all know how much gossip and "he said she said" sort of thing goes on. But I think its kindof weird how that sort of thing is still taking place in the work world and with adults. I mean most of you on here have many years of life experience on me, but i find it funny, how adults are the ones that are constantly telling us " punk teenagers " to grow up. it looks to me that youve run into some simple highschool gossip I mean no offence, and i'm not just saying in your case, but it seems that there are some things that make you adults not all that different from teenagers.

"God made pot, man made beer, who do you trust?"
 37yrs • M •
akal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey beachboy, welcome... although I'm new here too. It doesn't take long to feel welcome in a forum so brilliant. You won't find a discussion less than "astute"

It's ironic, today I went to get my cast checked (broken hand) at the hospital and I was sitting in the waiting room reading a magazine... and this woman asks, "Let me guess... you punched sombody?" in the most niggard manner! I actually broke them snowboarding and so I told her. The ironic thing is the fact that three other guys pipe up and say that's why they're in the x-ray room!!! And all of them are adults! The really sad this was most of them looked like well kept people. More sad, the woman glared at me pretty much the whole time... so despite the five adults with broken bones, black eyes and toothless grins looking at me, I have this pampered woman proving herself a miserable lady. So who's the "typical teen" now... I was actually ashamed. Is it the simple fact that society over looks most adults because they have jobs, houses and kids in terms of maturity? Are teens the hypocrites or is it just everybody...? So what if my pants sag, I swear, sometimes I drool (lol), once in awhile get into trouble... if for one day, societies obtrusive eye looked upon the adult population, a riot would arise because everybody wouldn't be able to handle the appauling shock. Least to say... I don't sweat it because I know adults are just as guilty.

Cheers...

"why? -is what makes us different"
 64yrs • M •
I blame it all on television. I blame everything on television. The internet will save us, and the London Bridge is still for sale. : )

I have a son who is a little older than you two. So I know a little bit how you feel. It isn't the age thing. We came from different worlds. We came from race riots and walk outs. Unions and strikes. The Vietnam Vet was our hero and Canada was our destination. For the love of our country we would not say the pledge of allegiance. Luckily though the war ended before I came of age and strange thing is, I ended up joining the military any ways.

But it was a very different world. Not a world where you would boast about your Reebok tennis shoe.

Welcome aboard - be talking at you later

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People do things for different reasons, some people change. However, speaking from experience it could be the surroundings they are in.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with beachboy. I too am a high school student surrounded by a world of gossip. And I believe that no matter how old and wise our human race will become, the world of gossip will never end. Adults just have a different way of gossip but is yet still related to that of "punk teenagers". If there were no such thing as gossip, lies, or tell tales, the world would be perfect. But a perfect world is the furthest thing from flawless. Civilization needs fear and disorder to to keep a balance. A balance of what I am not sure, maybe one of you knows?

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy