I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 20 minutes or so Im free - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

a moral dilemma

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
spankster501 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
a moral dilemma
I'm in a relationship with someone i'm not attracted to anymore and want to end it....is it better that i stay with her and hope the attraction comes back or should i just break it off?

38yrs • M •
spankster501 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have been dating her for about 2 months, and i've wanted to end it for about 2 or 3 weeks.

38yrs • M •
Her hatred and the hatred of everyone around me...yeah, thats pretty much the main concern. But i do care about her and want to let her off as easily as possible. I was thinking about trying to find someone else for her before i break it off, but who knows....The worst part is that she's bipolar and completely unpredictable. I don't know if she'll cry or stab me with a spork...

38yrs • M •
upon further reflection, i think i would probably deserve being stabbed with a spork. it would be better than seeing her cry.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I advise that you either tell the truth, or if you are good at it, lie and stick with the lie.

Lieing is good as long as you make them believe it. Nothing hurts more then being lied to in a break up.

Just think about how you would want to be treated in that situation.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that tristen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if i were you i would tread as softly as i could around this .bi-polar people take every thing as an extreme is there any way the two of you can remain friends??if so that would help soften the blow try telling her that shes to good for you yada yada yada also adding that you still care about her and you hope that she will call if she needs anything even just to talk.
hope that helps

"mind over matter \"if you don\'t mind it doesn\'t matter\""
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If he or she ain't good in bed, blow it off and visit the South Pacific!
Eldred

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This may or may not be too late, but I would use the "I need to find myself routine" as suggested above. The thing is, being lied to is bad, but feeling unatractive seems to be worse.
If you can get away with it, make up good story, and end it that way.
This way the girl still feels good about herself, and thinks of you as some kind of noble monk.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This probably is too late but here goes.

Coming from a relationship where there were lies from the other party I would have to say be honest with her. Use tact yes but above all else be honest. If she cares for you very much she'll get hurt more in the long run if she finds out that you were completely honest with her.

""Live life to the fullest!""
 54yrs • F •
giver&taker is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
listen you need to try to tell her and tell her that you want to move on and still be friends

75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being honest don't work. Lie your ass off!
Eldred
PS If that don't work call 911!

a moral dilemma
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy