Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jealousy

User Thread
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Aura is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jealousy
[rant] *grrrr* What a useless emotion .

For heaven's sake, if you're going to not like someone, don't like them because they wronged you, or they are arrogant, or just plain idiotic, etc. etc. But not just because THEY HAVE SOMETHING YOU MIGHT WANT FOR YOURSELF OR CAN DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN YOU CAN. Nobody's perfect and there will always be people better/worse than you. DEAL WITH IT.

I would also like to point out that I observe more women than men behaving this way. Cut it out ladies.

[/rant]

"I'm here to live... OUT LOUD!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I find Jealousy some what Useful, It make sme want to push myself to do better and try to make the competitor jealous. I think it's just a natural Instinct that keeps making people better at what they do.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 45yrs • F •
Er. Right. Whatever gets you motivated, I guess.

It's all well and good to be inspired to better yourself, but to have an attitude towards someone simply because you're jealous is just weak.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Down here they call them Haters. I hate the fact that people are jealous in general, but what really bugs me is the men/women that can't trust their significant others to do anything or go anywhere. They are so jealous that they can't stand to take their watchful eye off of them...god I hate that!!!!!
But isn't it really how that person reacts to that "something" that the other one has. I mean, I am jealous of my friend's Cuda that runs 12's at the track, but I don't show it, I just hope one day my Cuda will leave his wallowing in my exhaust, lol.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • F •
Okay.. yearn, desire, wish for your glory all you want. Please, be my guest. That's not what irritates me.

It's when a person becomes seriously snotty/bitchy/nasty for no other reason that they are jealous. Yes, it does have to do with insecurity, and yes, reaction is key. Unfortunately for most people, reacting in a non-dumbass way requires maturity.

45yrs • F •
I have quite a few guy friends, and this chick I know likes one of them (who happens to be a long-time good friend of mine). When she asks if I've seen this particular guy lately, and I reply yes, she gets into this snotty and sometimes bitchy mood. It also happens when I get a phone call from him (i.e. he'd call about a ride or something) and she's right there.

Normally, this would make me laugh. However, because I have to deal with it consistently, it's began to irritate the hell out of me. I am so tempted to say a few things to her, but my friend (the guy) is kind of attracted to her. For his sake, I shut my mouth.

So I decided to rant about jealousy, not just about that, but in general.

45yrs • F •
Hmmmm. Believe it or not, if the person is at least an acquaintance, I'd usually go for #2 first. If, however, after so many attempts the person still doesn't want to help his or herself, I usually just step back. Not really much I can do after that.

I'm not really sure what you mean by #1.

If I find a person's behaviour towards me annoying, and I've already tried a more diplomatic way of dealing with it that didn't work, then I have no problem being quite blunt towards them about their issues.

44yrs • M •
#1 for sure! But sometimes #2, he he he.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupraLINE is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is some fucker at the high school i go to pick up my sister from, when i drive my supra there this mother fucker will stair and talk shit 1 day i passed by him the bitch spit on my car down hear in Hollywood we dont take shit we give shit i came out of the car and gave that peace of shit the beating of his lifetime after that he did not stair nor talk shit do these punks want beatings to be set straight or what?
i found out the reson why he did that shit his girl friend liked me and loved my car that fucker found out and well u know the rest, is it my fault she likes me or my car is it my fault he has a crapy car i worked and got mine if he did the same he might of got a better 1/.......

44yrs • M •
Well, at least someone understands the 1st option real well! Lol.

Some people just don't realize that they can have certain things if they just get off their lazy asses!
Hey I say, if its my chick and she is droolin over some guy, then just fuckin go for it-screw her if she acts like a tramp. IMO.

45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rossetti is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only time I remember being jealous of anyone was when I was a child. But as I grew up, envy replaced jealously--and now, my envy has turned into admiration. It may be unpopular to say this, but I like myself. There isn't much I admire in others except for special qualities like patience, kindness, and of course, intelligence.

"Les enfers sont les autres."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupraLINE is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Aman to that wesdawgy

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that oatmaster is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People with less symmetrical faces are more prone to jealousy.

"happy to be corrected"
 44yrs • M •
And why might that be?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rossetti: I've not really paid attention. But yes, there was time when I wished I could be like other people. I'm glad I'm me, and I have everything I want.

Peace Pilgrim said it best: "The more you have, the more you have to take care of". I have enough. Don't want or need anything anyone else has. But I always figured it was just because I'm getting older, could be. : )

When someone tries to rattle my cage, I ignore them as much as possible, if it continues, I confront them with it. For awhile, they won't like me, but they'll get over it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Jealousy
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy