My mom told me that the family is the most important thing one can ever have. But how can I tell when she is the one stopping me from having one? - julie mae allego
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Females Inferior?

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
NightSkyz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Females Inferior?
This is 2003, we humans have allegedly advanced so much. We have allegedly come to know how ridiculous past societal views were. The issue of being female has been a fact used to define ways of life/behavior and even what characteristics are good and bad. In many countries, it still is. There are still people who believe that being a female is somehow inferior, even BAD. My own aunt remarked to me one time, "Your mom treated you just like a boy" =P

So what I really want to know, and please be honest, which ones of you HONESTLY think that females ought to, if not completely then at least partially, be thought of in past traditional ways.

"Live and Let Live"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can only think of one person that might have these traditional beliefs on these forums. And even then, I don't think he honestly believes their inferior.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius, while I haven't agreed with you on some of your other posts, I must give you props for that. It was the exact same thing going through my mind.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 41yrs • F •
Unique is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am extreemly old fashoined. I like my doors to be opened and my chairs to be pulled out. But that doesn't mean that I can't do it on my own, which would mean that I was incapable.
I think that the problem that most women have is that they are seen as incapable of doing things whether it be in the work place or elsewhere.
I am capable of doing most anything that a man does. And other then the difference in muscel mass I can stand as a mans equal. BUT I still expect to be treated a certain way and I will always treat my man as just that... a man. Just because I am treated as a lady doesn't mean I have to be treated as an inferior one.

""Everthing is always o-kay in the end, if it's not o-kay it's not the end.""
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that women should be treated equal in all areas, but there are gray areas like Decius mentioned. My wife for example, does the dishes, the laundry, and the dusting etc. while I do the lawn/ the yardwork; the trash; and the general upkeep of the house because I am home during the day. When she complains that she does more than me, we weigh everything out, because she will never trade the dishes for the lawn, or the laundry for changing the oil on our car. Is this equal? She doesn't want the "man's" chores, so I don't do the "woman's" chores.
Where is the line between equality and gender roles?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow, guys sticking up for us. Thanks! But anyone who says any diff. I want to see you bleed for 7 days and still be alive!!!

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am a 16 year old male and women being inferior is bullshit! Males and females are supposed to be equally balanced. Of course there are genetic differences: men being originally stronger and an instinct for kill kill kill. Where as women are originally higher status than males but are the care takers as well. (clean,feed, and aid.NO OFFENSE ! ) But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Women can be smart, strong, and can do many a things a man can do. Just as a man can be a little more fiminine...god forbid ~LOL~ But there are somethings that a women can't do that a man can....actually I'll rephrase that....there are somethings that a man has that a women doesn't (besides reproductive parts for all you jokers out there) for example.. a female has a less pain tolerence than a male does. That determined by many tests and observations. It just goes to show that females and males are equal......just with different qualities.

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
women have qualities men don't have
and men have qualities women don't have ( eh i'm still not sure about that one )
but for the most part we're equal
and i don't think that we should keep traditions uless they're good traditions
and a woman spending her day taking care of the kids and cooking isn't a good tradition ...

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's not exactly a bad tradition either, I Mean hey if a woman wants to do it so be it , it's just another Choice made by freewill.
But one thing that really bugs me are thoughs women right groups, I mean they got all the rights men do, andl have lower car insurance :

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that's just because we pay attention to the road more and don't spend all our time looking for our pimples in the rear-view mirrors

exept for me, i'm a shitty driver

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I only look at the hot chick in the rear view, lol, but women do their make-up while driving, don't know which is worse.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
equal but different. My wife is a school teacher. I have to say she's smarter than me. I ask her questions all the time. But that's her. I do the dishes.

I grew up through the male bashing years believing that because I was a man, I was bad. But that's over and I'm over that, and I'm proud to be a man. Here in America we are extremists. We go from one side clear over to the other side then we settle down.

But in other countries, it is not good for women. We can use a certain amount of leverage to change things. We won't buy computer chips from you unless etc, etc, etc.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think its important as most people know to remember that although men and women should be treated equally they are both different from each other. But this differentiation is much the same sort of predjudice as say racism or religious intolerants, what we dont understand about each other fuels mussunderstanding and hatred. This issue isnt one way either, after all it takes to to tango. NOT ALL MEN REGARD WOMEN AS INFERIOR AND ILL TREAT THEM AND NOT ALL WOMEN TREAT MEN WITH THE RESPECT AND KINDNESS THAT MEN OFFER THEM. Sex disscrimination can be committed against a member of the same sex, i was suprised one day to read an article in which a WOMEN filed a work related sex disscrimination case against her FEMALE MANAGER!
There have also been many issues regarding the pay gap between men and women (i dont know whether this is a big issue in the states but it has been here in the UK) which actually increased last year, in this case there are many women that work just as hard, just as many hours, just as many days a year as men but then there are also many women who dont work anywhere near as hard as men and expect to given preferential treatment, in doing so they ruin the chances of equallity for the other women who truely deserve - i know this because im a manager within my company and i have personally promoted many female staff and i have also denied promotion and benefits to other female staff who didnt deserve it and all staff (FEMALE AND MALE) truely agreed.

Women more than often discriminate each other, we men do not cause you anywhere near as much grief as you can cause each other.

We shouldnt fight because, we should learn from one another as my mother taught me.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that men and women are essential equal but have different natures. There is a balance of masculine and feminine and although it is so stereotypical it is generally true...men are from mars and women are from ve nus. Men have certain thinking patterns and emotional mechanisms and women have their own as well. You can't deny that there are just differences between the sexes, and it is those differences that trigger the battle between the two, because each sex has ways of operating that completly baffle and annoy the hell out of the other.

As far as ability though, I believe men and women are equal. Women have been cast into this role of inferiority by societal structures that relied on the oppression of minorities for the advancement of men. Through out the centuries certain organizations, sects, cultures, institutions etc instilled these ways of thinking that led women to be inferior to keep men at the top and to preserve the mode of thinking that women are inferior, that's why even though it's 2005 many people still think of women as inferior because the people of the past who instilled this way of thinking were able to make that way of thinking be maintaine through the generations.

There's just a balance of feminine and masculine. Women can do things men can't do and men can do things women can't do, but the two belong together and are two pieces of the same puzzle. Women have their own essence to deliver to the world and men have their own essence to deliver to the world, but they key is equality and allowing each sex to equally distribute their own qualities to create the balance.

"Dare to Dream"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Physical sex is clearly defined, everything else is speculation on the nature nurture debate.

Traditions and roles, masculine and feminine are interchangeable and have done so througout history.

Pain tolerance, multi-tasking, test skills, child rearing, these are all things that both sexes have been expressed and studied as excelling and failing at.

I know nothing of the history of hormone distribution and very little of any known factors that have or may alter it. Since both males and females generate both sets of major sex aligned hormones, I don't know if its supposed to be set to any particular degrees for any particular reason. It may be set to alternate or adapt like everything else to any given situations, there's a concept.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Females Inferior?
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy