I was working on a flat tax proposal and I accidentally proved there's no god. - Homer Simpson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The True Religion? - Page 3

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Strongclad is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is the "Aquarian Gospel"?

"All statements are false. The last statement is false.--One of these statements is true."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The last time I tried to reply, the login times me out.
And I had explained the beginning of religions.
It was quite eye opening.

Maybe next time, I will go through all that again.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well bring it on dreamer!
As I returned to the origin of this thread & I noted a concept that I had overlooked to a degree. The old saying about politics and religion certainly are true but I don't find that attitude is restricted to those limitations.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Aquarian Gospel was written by a civil war chaplain named Levi, written from the Akasha Records. The Akasha records is a place of information found between the material world and the spiritual world. The Aquarian gospel may not be a true gospel of Christ and then again it might be the only true gospel. The only way you will know for sure is through prayerful study.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
Hmm . . . I guess I would have to see (read) them before I could make a judgement of validity?

42yrs • M •
Hikaru is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't think your argument is that strong, although I admit, it does often happen that people follow a religion just because they were born into it or their parents raised them that way. I was born into a Christian family and didn't doubt any of it until my teens. I finally came to the conclusion it's the true religion just earlier this year. I mean to believe in something so important that pertains to your eternal soul that you're going to believe something without examining the facts is, I would say, insanity. I love my parents, but man, I did NOT make my choice because they're Christians. I've thought about Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and based upon evidence for Christianity I made the choice I did. I think that's smart! If I just believed it because I was raised that way and would choose to ignore other possibilities just based on where I was born I would consider myself a fool or an idiot at best.

57yrs • F •
The aquarian gospel, IMHO is not valid. IF it states we have several lives. That is a falicy that tears down the ability to try hard NOW for the ultimate goal, being heaven.
I mentioned elsewhere the reasons why.
But anything, if read over that pertains to good ideas could seem logical.

I have been brought up to be tolerant of all faiths. Because we know not the hearts of others. Therefore condemnation is not our right.
It is only God's right. I cannot place myself on His throne.

However, I fell away from practicing my faith for about 7 years. It was too easy to avoid attending church. Even if I went, I didn't comprehend it.

Then I had a wake up call. In that I mean, I was literally given knowledge. I cannot say I have all answers, but things make more sense than they did prior. I now relish going to church. I cannot be without it.

For everyone I wish Peace.
For anyone seeking to have the faith they desire, they should pray for it. It will be their gift. A true gift of faith that comes from within, and without the entire soul and body.

Love is the true meaning of God, religion, life and happiness.

The world has ceased to have love, practice religion, have faith, and live for happiness. (Not in a material form of happiness, but a divine happiness.) Domino effect.

I am sorry, I will not give the entire 'essay' I had written earlier. LOL. But the subject material changed anyway.
The research I had done will have to come again, at another time.

Religion is NOT the culprit to our problems. It is the person who professes it. If the person is heartfully giving their all, they are meaning to do well. But Christians should be consumate role models. And for that, we may always as a whole ~ fail. No one is perfect.
But do not judge anyone harshly for their failings, when you yourself have your own failings.

Church attendance is not a gossip fest. It is not a place to go to WATCH who seems like a hypocrite. Or to pin blame on your neighbor as an excuse why you feel they have failed and therefore you do not feel like church is anything but hypocrisy.
They evidently need Church and the help to get through their own issues.

There is ONE SOLE reason for going, your LOVE for God, and your LOVE for your neighbors. regardless who they are.

Peace!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Amen, Dreamer.

Truth to many people is relative. But The Truth to the universe is stable, stationary, constant.
Religion is aside from the truth almost. The churches today believe in the bible, but the practice of the truth has changed all through out the bible, and into the religion it has been preached in. There can really be no absolute religion that holds the absolute truth. But still, The Truth is there.

The Truth is what really extends beyond this life, or the cause of this life. However you preach it, The Truth is there and can not change just because we think we can change it. We can not argue with The Truth and win, we can not bend The Truth.

Because religion has constantly changed and has never been stable for a whole millenia while the universe is ageless, no religion can actually preach The Truth. The thing about religion is its practices of The Truth. Some faiths are closer to The Truth than others, but still incomplete. There could be a solitary single religion that The Truth is able to let itself into, and each faithful person believes that church to be their own.

In any sense what so ever, The Truth exists, whether in a religion or not. The matter The Truth is to be found in our own lives and we have to live it.

I believe we are all born with the truth. I believe we all know good and bad before we breath our first breath. The Tuth is doing the best you can. The Truth is doing something with your life that will last for all people to remember with a smile on their faces. Create an afterlife that is not by living beyond death in a spiritual realm, but live beyond death by leaving behind a bit of your soul in this world to illuminate other people's lives.

I have said this beofre, and I will say it again. Whatever religion you are, whatever you believe is the truth, I believe that if you live life to do what you believe is right, what you feel deep down inside, what you know is right- if you live it, we will all see eachother in the end somehow.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 57yrs • F •
True Elemental, I personally believe God doesn't have cue cards on the sect of theology you followed, but what your heart had in it. And what you did to others. IE actions.

64yrs • M •
Dreamer - I really didn't understand what you said about the Aquarian Gospel, I really didn't, but I can guess what you said.

That's ok - I don't know if I believe it either. but I put about as much faith in it as the four gospels. There are many other gospels as well.

but - Dreamer - i like you - i consider you to be my friend. no matter what, you will never completly agree with me, neither will I you. But you don't insult me and I hope I don't insult you.

I know you love God, and follow him as best as you can, as so do I, ofcourse, I could probebly do better.

You and Elemental I'm sure will agree that you have a group of people who call themselves Christians and don't do a single thing that Jesus told them to do.

Peace be with you - Your friend - Roger

57yrs • F •
quote:
but - Dreamer - i like you - i consider you to be my friend. no matter what, you will never completly agree with me, neither will I you. But you don't insult me and I hope I don't insult you.

Ditto, and true.

quote:
I know you love God, and follow him as best as you can, as so do I, ofcourse, I could probebly do better.

You and Elemental I'm sure will agree that you have a group of people who call themselves Christians and don't do a single thing that Jesus told them to do.

That is the lukewarm majority. Sadly true.

quote:
Dreamer - I really didn't understand what you said about the Aquarian Gospel, I really didn't, but I can guess what you said.

I just cannot find truth in reincarnation. It makes too many people have false hope. People seem to try less to live life for NOW and do their best for others if they can repeat it later. So, in some ways, people lack conviction in their pursuit for heaven, and they do not bother even worrying about their 'judgement' today if they can repeat it again tomorrow.

Not insulting you, but giving an opinion why if Aquarian theology teaches reincarnation, what the fault is in that particular belief system. Peace out!

64yrs • M •
You have a point there. But the way I see, for some, or most, it takes a whole life time just to learn a simple truth. So the way I see it. It might take some many lifetimes to grow-up.

All scripture speaks of reincarnation, but not any of it accept the Aquarian Gospel tells us we are all reincarnated. The ARE (Association for Research and Enlightenment) has debated this subject to great lengths and not come up with a decisive answer. I guess you might say, the more you study, the less you know for sure.

But you know how there are some people on this earth who are really evil and have absolutely no concern for another life. Phsychatry has a term for these people (who have no feelings). In the Gnostic scriptures it explains that some are born of a false spirit. Their whole life will be self destructive to themselves and others until they will most likely be put to death. It says that God takes these people and gives them a true spirit and puts them back on earth. An explination for some of the uglyness we see in this world.

72yrs • M •
Whoa, Dreamer has certianly blessed us all with his gifts, I had noted some of your statements in other strings.
quote:
I just cannot find truth in reincarnation. It makes too many people have false hope.

Wasn't their some small matter of arisen dead being witnessed, related to Jesus? Before His Being hung on the tree, as well as after?

57yrs • F •
quote:
Their whole life will be self destructive to themselves and others until they will most likely be put to death. It says that God takes these people and gives them a true spirit and puts them back on earth

I need you to point out these quotes in an old bible, and not of the new enlightened versions. I think I know what confuses this matter, but I need you to be able to give me exact quotes, so I do not assume. Incidently, there is nothing in those terms in an old bible.

quote:
Wasn't their some small matter of arisen dead being witnessed, related to Jesus? Before His Being hung on the tree, as well as after?

You are speaking of Lazarus. He was risen by the hand of Jesus. He came back to this life as the same person. He did not become a baby in a womb again and have a new identity. Which is to say, is what the reincarnation believers say it means, to be born again through the womb (that would mean a new family, and a new mom, and a new body.)

Yes, in Matthew, he writes that tombs opened, and spirits rose.
Matthew 27; 52
And when the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep arose ; and coming forth out of the tombs after His resurrection, they came into the holy city, and appeared to many.

Is this what you enquired?
If so, this is to say the tombs were opened of the spirits who slept in anticipation of Christ. (BUT the tombs were NOT literally opened in a phsyical sense, only emptying them of the spirits)
They awaited their judgement, and to many today they are called ghosts. Spirits are no longer contained in sleep, because Christ opened the gates.
This is their spirit bodies, but not a returned spirit in a new body.

Hope this helps.

72yrs • M •
Interest line of thought, I had been wondering about the distinctions between ReIncarnation and Transfiguration & Resurrection.
I was talking with some brothers, they had a drawing of christ & GOD appearing before man. I mused 'was that the GOD which breathed the world into existence?'

The True Religion? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy