Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Vietnamization didn't work!

User Thread
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why will Iraqization work?
Eldred
PS - What's the difference?

1971yrs • F •
janispaula is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't think it will work. There will always be resentment when a super power tries to control and reform a nation; especially when this nation is of a different ideology. We can easily see how deep the resentment goes, and no matter how good our intentions, the means that we are using are not acceptable. We can clearly see the devastation this has caused in retaliation not just among Sadam Husain's immediate followers; but among many of the masses who see the coalition who came there to help set up a new government, as a total intrustion. This foreign control is not welcomed but rather it is disdained to the nth degree.

75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree totally! It's scarry what our country is doing. The "war against terror" has gone wild!
Eldred

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with you, about Nam when I went there I thought that we were there to help the people gain their independence. But as I grew to understand that wasn't their cause, most of Nam was isolated villiagers, who knew nothing but seeking to live their life raising crop and family. That was the path of contentment for them, for them we were outsiders, who didn't live amongest them but sought to run their lives according to how we choose.
It is one thing to help others and quite another to force them to abide by your rule. As with our helping others, we can only help them to do that which they choose to do. They must struggle to form their own way according to their cultural values, even that which is good must be acceptable before they will embrace it as a welcome friend. So trying to force our values upon these people is doomed to failure, even though we won the battle, we have lost the war which will continue to rage and after the rage dies, bitter is the seed that will bare it's fruit.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy