Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Skepticism, Fear, and Anger

User Thread
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this but I couldn't find a more compatible section, so here goes:
I feel like that for so long, and all the time, I'm being skeptic. People tell me a story, and I ask myself if I really think THATS true. I watch a TV commercial and no matter what think that whatever and I mean WHATEVER is being advertised, I suspect its worth and quality. I don't feel like things should be this way.
I constantly fear the end of my existence, and mankind's existence. Sometimes I come to accept that it definitely will happen some day, perhaps very soon, but usually I can't help panicking, thinking I'm wasting my short life.
To sort of continue what I was just saying, I'm constantly angry at someone or something. I'm always craving a new enemy, but I never confront them. I always fantasize about seriously insulting and pissing them off, but I never do.

Am I living a seriously flawed life?

48yrs • F •
SovereignPoet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Oh yeah- you're a strange one.

OK, not really. Actually I am the same way. The way I deal (or try to deal) with the emotions/ thoughts I want to explore and hopefully change is I ask myself: Why am I feeling this way? Why did I react that way? Why am I still brewing over an itty bitty scuffle I had weeks ago?

The answers usually have to do with my ego and they usually have to do with my ego dancing with shame. While respecting it's place in my personal growth , I try to avoid shame at all costs....which leads me to replay that argument over and over in my head because I am trying to think of all remarkably clever things I should have said and I am angry (shameful) at myself because of all the stupid things I did say and I am VERY angry at all the things I did not say. Avoiding shame is also the reason I am skeptical of products for sale- I have been ripped off before in situations where hindsight showed I should have known better.

Anger- I believe anger is more times than not a mask for other feelings, feelings that might seem "weaker" than anger like fear, sadness, hurt feelings (ego), guilt, even confusion.

See what I mean? If you choose to face the answers about why you are the way you are then be prepard for the work of peeling off the layers of 'protective' emotions and getting to a few tender spots. But once they are exposed they aren't so tender anymore.

I tried to word that as best I can....let me know if it was helpful at all.

Sovereign Poet

"Before me were no things created, but eternal; and eternal I endure: leave all hope ye that enter. Here must all distrust be left; all cowardice must here be dead"
 39yrs • F
You're response made me feel a little better in realizing that I'm normal and I can deal with these.

But guess what? After I wrote that was angry at myself and a little shameful because I thought people would read it and think I was self-centered and messed up. I guess I shouldn't have cared...

48yrs • F •
SovereignPoet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am happy to help, little brother.

If I may be so bold as to ask you a favor: keep writing and keep talking. Unload on your keyboard, unload on a piece of paper, whatever, just get it out of you.

I get the feeling you are an artist anyway, right? Don't ever stop the artistic flow. It will save your life and it will save your soul over and over and over again.

I mention this only because I see on your profile that you are 13 years old. I am 27 and after years of migraines and a nasty self-mutilation habit the one thing my years have taught me is what I typed above: your art will come to your resuce in ways people and circumstances can't/ won't.

Take care of yourself....

S. Poet

"Before me were no things created, but eternal; and eternal I endure: leave all hope ye that enter. Here must all distrust be left; all cowardice must here be dead"
 39yrs • F
You're right, I consider writing my best skill and hope to be a professional writer in the future. I thank you greatly for all the encouragement, and I will keep your advice in mind.

Thank you again.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fear is the greatest creation and emotion man has made up. Without out it life wouldn't be sustainable. It's like a line...i.e.

FEAR-------------------------------------------------LOVE

the to greatest emotions a human can feel....with all the in-betweens. Now.... i know that life isn't that simple and all the emotions can't be catagorized into to.....but hear me out....

Pretend it's a weight scale....fear= 5lbs. and the same with love....it keeps the scale on a balance..without balance there would be nothing!.....if you need (or really care and want to know what i mean) just ask and i'll give further explaination....or if you just want to debate on the difference of our thoughts...feel fear....i mean free...~lol~

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I constantly fear the end of my existence, and mankind's existence."
If your skeptical about commercials, the media, politics etc.. Then you should be skeptical about your feeling of imminent death.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • M •
Why fear death?

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 39yrs • F
What do you mean DumbTeen? At the time I wrote that, I meant I feared thinking of a world without mankind and it gave me a sort of empty feeling. I'd like it if you could explain the connection between the current media and my death.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sometimes when you feel that way DON'T STOP YOURSELF
a lot of people find beating the shit out of other people fun

and it might make you feel better as long as it's not someone you care about and as long as you're right

so go for it

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 37yrs • M •
So hurting others for pleasure is ok?

37yrs • F •
for revenge, which can bring pleasure to some of us

37yrs • M •
What about the ppl u beat the shit outta?

37yrs • F •
it's not like " oh look what a cute kitty let me kick it a coupla times"
it'm more of a " you stupid mazafucker ! *punch in the face* don't you ever do this fuckin shit to me"

37yrs • M •
i c UR POINT

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy