Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fate - Page 3

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to be a believer of fate but now I believe other wise. Fate as I believe it is rather the choices you make in your life. Cuase and effect. You choose to drink and drive, you might die. If you do, cause and effect. Fate is just choice predetermined by our own thoughts. Nothing more and nothing less. To believe that someone or something is in control of our life is bullshit. What would be the point of living if we can not control what we do? Or the choices we make are preset for us. If life were like that......we'd be nothing more than a video game let alone intelligent.

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Edgar Cayce taught that numerology and astrology does map our future or fate. However, we do posses the ability to make our numerology and or astrology profile null and void. Our dreams also tell of our future and of our fate. In the once out laud hawaiian religion, It is said and documented that a great Ka Hana could not only tell the future but change it by controlling their dreams. It was a great Ka Hana who told of the white men who would come to visit and allowed it.

I say if you do nothing today - the sun will still rise tomorrow. What will be, will be.

If however you do something today - when the sun rises the morrow, what will be will have a twist to it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
darkangelwolf is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
fate is a large role, i do think there are things are ready set for us, but i also believe that there are two paths we can take, cuz we all have several of choices we have to make in a single day and with each of those choices something good or bad could come from it, fate and our decisions are two things that play a large role in a so called lifes we live in this world, well at least to me that is how i veiw life, just a series of decisions we must make

"life is like bull riding, we can get bucked off, but we get right back on and do it over and over"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is no reason that anything knows the future. Yes there may be predictions, there may be posibilities, but that is all.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe fate is the reason we can't settle for anything less than what we aspire to be. Inevitabley, not one person can waste their life doing something they hate doing. Perhaps a greater power tied fate to happiness as sort of a prank to get us to do the right thing. Just a thought...

"The truth will set you on fire"
Fate - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy