Believe in he who is three parts in one, believe in Christ, the only son - stealph
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fate - Page 2

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not to be contrary but I would have to see the other side of it. Would you send someone to jail without a trial or arrest them beecause they planned to something?
An Omnipotence of GOD is that knowning that you will seek to do, HE will set to change you but HE has given you over to your own way (waywardness) which is the Test (trial) by your actions you are Judged.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Not to be contrary but I would have to seee the other side of it. Would you send someone to jail without a trial or arrest them beecause they planned to something?"
No but that's because we are almost never certain. And I'm pretty sure conspiracy or something like that is punishable by law.
But even then, God being omniscient would already know we would sin (as an absolute truth) and so should send us to hell.
If we can only better ourselves by commiting these sins and THEN being punished, then that means sins are good and are a means (in conjunction with punishment) to self improvement.

Thus sins are good and we need to commit more of them

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr. Humble is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, that's a new way of looking at it. But on the other hand, if you were punished for *everything* that you do wrong, in a sence you would already be in hell. You know, not being able to do anything fun and all. Or even worse, not being able to choose what you get to do about it either!

""How do you know we exist? Maybe we don't exist." -Vivi FF9"
 72yrs • M •
Ya know there is scripture (NT) that basically states that very thing!
But they call it purgatory.
Sorrry about my lack of time: Haste makes waste.
So may be I should go forward, I sense disturbed emotions about the subject of GOD.
Look at the other side of existence? Although you may not believe in GOD, by HIS gift you have life in a realm of HIs creation. Wheather or not you believe in HIM, you have your life with the right to live it as you will. This is your right and your responsibility. According to how you live life depends if you should receive the eternal life, another (or the true) gift. Why should you be angry, annoyed, what ever?
Of course you might say Why am I bound by Adam's decision to partake of the fruit of knowledge (power) instead of the fruit of life (eternal)? A valid question but man choose and is responsible for his decision. Just as past generations choose in their greed to pollute the St. John River with industerial waste till this generation does not swim in it and few would eat the fish that come from the waters being barely fit for watercraft usage. That is your inhertance from your fathers, such as it may be.
In the Ancient World, man existed with power and abilities beyond those of modern man but man abused the power misusing the abilities. So man proved his unworthyness and they were taken away and his existence shortened.
This should be an obvious moral 'Don't abuse your gifts', use your (gift) knowledge to help one another not to Lord over one another. But man choose not to seek GOD's Will, rather they put forth their own willfulness. GOD sent prophets to men at various times to warn man of his foolish ways and even His Son, Jesus whom they call Christ. It is said that Jesus could have destroyed the world to rule over it but He choose to seek GOD's Will and died on the cross so man would have more time to turn from his willfulness. But man chose not accept the Way so each man is responsible for his own chooses. As man's knowledge and power increases so does the destructiveness of his willfulness. The farther man moves away from GOD, the harder it becomes to turnaway from his waywardness.
Those who suceed in passing through the gaunlet, are rewarded with the gift of life eternal and the restoration of the (powers) gifts because they have proven themselves worthy and will not abuse the power.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 43yrs • M •
"In the Ancient World, man existed with power and abilities beyond those of modern man but man abused the power misusing the abilities. So man proved his unworthyness and they were taken away and his existence shortened."

How so?

I agree with most of your post though. Its in human nature to want to lord over one another (the ironic thing is that they tended to reproduce more and have even more lordish people ). Though we could *solve* the problem by GMing people into being less selfish

38yrs • M •
Yes, I've heard of this *theory* as well (no proof) It went somthing like this: The lord created man in his own image and in doing so, granted him his "powers" as well, eg. being able to think about where to go and then being there. Of course after man sined, he was no longer in Gods image. Therefore he lost most of Gods "powers" As man became more and more sinful, he became less and less like God. I've also heard about God telling modern people that we have been "reduced to riding around in iron cages" BTW iron cages is refering to cars.

72yrs • M •
Yes it is also written that GOD made them lower for a little time but that HE would raise them up!

80yrs • M •
vasudev_60 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Fate: First one should look into the concept of fate. If you take it only what happens to you alone it becomes problematic.Fate is not restricted to one alone.If you take it ina wider perspective of the Order Of Things the the word Fate has a deep meaning. Then one can enquire into the concept and understand the real meaning of the word fate.Even if you take Fate individually, even then it is Order Of Things on which the universe is supported and going on.That means fate is not be looked upon as a curse on human beings or rather on the whole universe.The Order Of Things hgelps one to express and experience the nature of the order through a human body and mind. If one understands the nature of the order there is all the possibilty of changing the fate as future, or there remains no necessity to cahnge the order. In both cases one can function with this limited body and mind and make oneself happy as well as others also. There is much more to understand than what I have put in now. For the time being bye, bye. Wish you all good day.
Thanks with regards
Lovingly
Vasudev_60

"The natural urge to be independant means dependancy is an erroneous concept."
 66yrs • F •
stragella is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Fate is what you , the indivual makes it, we create our own inviroments.

"A coward dies many times, a Valient faces death one time!"
 72yrs • M •
Yes, I've heard of this *theory* as well (no proof), well one look at the pyramids I would wonder how they were built? But I wasn't speaking to that age to begin with, was I?
The emphrasis of the biblical records (?) & just how far back do they go is highly questionable. Rather I was impling that having fore-knowledge of events does not mean one should particularly seek to change them? That EVIL (negative) things come upon us, doesn't mean we have to let them rule over our lives. We have a choice as individuals, I don't swim in the river doesn't mean I don't swim. That I don't fish the river doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, I just don't enjoy it as much as I could or should! I didn't pollute the river, arrogance & ignorance of mankind did.Such is fate so I accept that truth.

38yrs • M •
While you do have a good "motto" it is flawed in the sence that people don't have the choice of being sinners or not. The fact that even if you do pretty good things throughout your life means nothing really, unless you are buhddist, taoist, or the like where everyones goal is nirvanna.

70yrs • M •
Horace is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What little "fate" that can be said to exist is found in your chromosomes. Any talk of predestination or bad things happening to good people is just weightless whiny bullshit spread by the risk-aversion apologentsia. I do, however, believe luck - random dumb luck - exists aplenty. But luck is not pre-ordained.

I'm coming in a little late to this thread, but I have to respond to cturtle's July 19 posts starting "Not to be contrary..." and his question: "Would you send someone to jail without a trial or arrest them beecause (sic) they planned to something?"

Our friendly constabulary does this all the time, only worse - the arrestees don't even plan to do something. I speak of laws passed for our "protection," making the possible results of our actions punishable offenses regardless of the actual outcomes. Sounds like something from "Minority Report," doesn't it? But it's actually as mundane as traffic laws. For instance, we are fined, sometimes heavily, sometimes to the extent of loss of driving privileges or in extreme cases sentenced to jail time, for the offense of speeding. Even if no one was injured, suffered property loss or damage, or was so much as inconvenienced, it might have happened, so the guilty must be punished for driving faster than whatever arbitrary limit was established by the politics of the moment.

To return to the theme, what the state is doing here is attempting to control fate, the very existence of which this forum is questioning, and which I deny. Is controling fate a proper role for government? If so, genetic engineering is an appropriate avenue for government control -- but I risk (and we don't want that, do we?) crossing over into another Forum with that line of thought.

"I love you to the height, and depth, and breadth my soul -- is that a cheeseburger?"
 43yrs • M •
"You should be allowed to drive stoned, drunk, half dead or assleep. "
Prevention is a part of the governments job. When you needlessly risk someone else's life it is the government's to make sure you don't you!
I mean, what would you say if I started randomly shooting at you with a loaded gun BUT my aim was so bad I missed? I technically did nothing against you except RISK your life, just as a drunk driver risks the lives of others.

56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rushuka is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
(The Key...?), thus the only process to brake this boundry is the thought process...many say we a advancing or the universe is expanding.
Backwards equation the work must we.
(Pre-Conception) of being...the height of existence...?
More on this...? Let me know...

[  Edited by Rushuka at   ]
 72yrs • M •
The imposing of speed limits originally a factor of road construction, degree of crown , banking of curves,etc which set the limits for safety. Of course today it has become more of conservation of fossil fuel (55) which caused a noticeable decrease in fatlity rate in accidents. You may be the greatest driver in the world but if the rest are the worst in the world, they may cause the accident to happen. I drive sedately within the speed limits yet today a woman with cell phone in hand neearly backed into the side of the car. You may well have the right of way but that doesn't mean you can't be dead in the right.

Fate - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy