Don't believe your eyes, don't believe your ears, don't believe anything that you are, were, or think you will be. For if you do, you shall sure fall into my trap, and I shall kill you slowly under these illusions. - Aubrey Asylum
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Friend Help

User Thread
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Friend Help
I have a couple of friends that I used to hang out with and all of a sudden things went down the drain, and fast. I want to start talking to these friends again, but I am not sure how to approach them?? Do I send a letter asking to be friends again, or do I try to call them?? I am a little scared of the outcome, but I feel this is something that I need to do, and want to do. All and any help would be much appreciated!!

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My advise will be simple and short.

It is best if you confront them and talk it out. The hardest thing to do is confront someone. If you do confront them it shows that you really want things to work out. Trust me the worst thing to do is to think that something will just work it's self out. (learned that one the extremly hard way.) Just give them a short amount of time to relax and cool down and think properly, then confront them and try hard, when you try hard it shows that you really want to be friends.

Good luck and I hope it works out.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Dugbug on this one. Just confront the friends that you want to talk to and try to work things out. However, keep in mind that some things can't be worked out.

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • F •
Well I was going to confront them soon, but my plans changed, and I won't be able to see them for awhile so I will keep that advice in mind for the future.

Emerald-I know that some things will never change, and this one "friend" will not be confronted as I don't want things to be worked out. I was hurt one too many times by this so called "friend" and don't want to go down that road again. I am a good friend and refuse to be USED. Oh, I was going to ask how the kids are doing??

47yrs • F •
All I can say to your latest post on this one is the feeling is mutual. All I was doing is giving advice where it was asked for in a public place.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Such unhappiness in this advice column. Well here goes my 2 cents worth... If your friend is interested in giving you another chance, the opportunity will present itself. Time does heal, even the most horrible situations that you may think is unbearable.

Kenny looked nice in the paper today, hope he had fun in Rawlins.

Lynn

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 47yrs • F •
I knew he was going to be in the paper but I didn't know when. Thanks now I can get a few copies for myself and my family and friends.

51yrs • F •
Your welcome, hope the you and the family enjoy. And friends??? He looked happy in the paper and upset the last day of school, with no parent for his awards.

47yrs • F •
Ya I got friends, though some wouldn't believe it.

51yrs • F •
Ok on the friends thing. Sleeping like the day he broke his ankle.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. Just give people a chance and they will resurface.

40yrs • F •
Emerald-You sure did jump fast at my last post. Are you that certain that I was talking about you. I now understand why you have to jump so fast when something is posted, and you think it is about you, it is because you are so insecure.

To the people who really want to help me on this advice column. Thank You. I have been waiting for the right time to confront them and I now know when that is. Thank You So Very Much!!

Friend Help
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy