I f you look like an asshole and talk like an asshole then your an asshole- Johnny Rotten - I R Me
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

SEX, CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT IT? - Page 4

User Thread
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life without it is so much better, especially if they are male. The more I live the more I am wholly convinced that men giving in to sex is a blight, a weakness. All any guy really needs to do is look real hard at how much effort they put forth, to sometimes have sex, compared to what effort women put forth and they are likely to be celibate. When they factor in the harm they have felt as a result of getting and trying to get sex, it paints a clear picture that sex is an affliction in men.
I won't even go into the part where women almost universally see sex as a weapon, or a means to an end, never as a mutual gift.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 36yrs • M •
shroom is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Agree, it may sometimes take too much effort. There is no doubt that one can live without sex - its not food, not water, you won't die starving. Sex is more like a spice in life.

63yrs • M •
pierre18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There are many statistics floating around the web one is that around 20 percent of couples live “sexless” marriages
(Sexless meaning having sex less than 10 times a year) which I believe was quoted in Newsweek.

As a couple the first thing is to find out if you both think there is a problem and whether you are prepared to do something about it.

Are you unhappy with her/his sex drive?

Start being honest and start talking to each other about your needs.

44yrs • F •
lainfiquette is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You can totally live without sex, I am definitely a testament to that. This time round, I am about 1 year at no type of sexual contact with another. I think it really depends on what you want. I mean I occasionally get cravings but seeing as how I am not the type of person to crave intimacy, actually I strongly fear it in general, I tend to get over these cravings really fast. I think the big thing you have to define for yourself, is determine what sex is, what it means to you, and what it does for you. That will truly answer your question on whether you can live without it. It will not kill you to not have sex, there are multitudes of celibate people around the world.

45yrs • M
Post Omega is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People spend more time stuck in traffic in their lifetime than they do with sex.

Most people have sex that lasts about 20 minutes. That's 1/72 of a day which means that people spend 71/72 of the day living without sex.

It's not an accomplishment. It's the norm that everyone lives 98% of their lives without sex.

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes.

I can't live without oxygen. I can't live without water. Not long without food. And barely a day without rationalization. But sex? Yes.

SEX, CAN YOU LIVE WITHOUT IT? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy