Believe in he who is three parts in one, believe in Christ, the only son - stealph
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Clean Energy Source

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Clean Energy Source
I've been reading a lot about advances in cold fusion lately, and I stumbled upon a clean non-nuclear energy source that may find application in cars, especially electrics.

It's a patented technology from Black Light Power Inc (www.blacklightpower.com). In a nutshell, it's a form of super-chemistry where electrons in hydrogen atoms are forced into lower orbits, releasing large amounts of energy. The energy density rivals that of present internal combustion engines, but has the vast advantage that the fuel used is just water. In addition to this, the energy comes out in the form of plasma instead of heat, which can be more efficiently converted into electricity. While the engine itself would be about the size of a normal combustion engine, the energy density of the fuel is almost 1000 times greater than that of normal gasoline, so you would only have to refuel once or twice in the car's lifetime.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no shit!

thats awsome. The only thing about that is....how much will it cost to get it into a car?

46yrs • M •
The cost of production of the engine is presently about $100/hp, it looks like, but that figure will go down when they produce these engines in greater quantities. Also, you can combine this with an electric motor, and get a constant flow of 50 hp feeding energy into a battery, and then however much actual hp you want while you're driving (as long as you're not flooring it for 10 hours straight). I'm thinking as much as 1000 peak hp would not be out of the question. If you're driving at < 150 km/h, your power losses should be less than 50hp, so especially with regenerative brakes, you should never have problems with draining the battery.

.. and even if you did, you still have 50 hp to go home on

46yrs • M •
Further reading on this subject has led me to believe that Black Light Power is basically a fraud. What they claim challenges the known laws of physics, and appears to be a scam to sucker in investors. Just letting people know.

We'll be driving crap-mobiles for a while longer

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no kidding,ya know what I mean? http://www.junkscience.com/ It is just about what it is called.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that oatmaster is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Instant alarm - plural of electrons in hydrogen atoms.

"happy to be corrected"
 43yrs • M •
And as far as I recall the electron on a hydrogen atom already occupies the lowest orbital at ground state.

Stoopid fraudsters.

"happy to be corrected"
 43yrs • M •
As an aside, an international consortium are about to start building a new 'hot fusion' reactor. Unlike previous models it's believed that this one will actually generate power.

"happy to be corrected"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good catch clay - I would have fallen for it. I hope they do come up with something soon. We know its out there.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, hydrogen occupies the lowest possible energy state or so I am told.

That would of been cool if it were true though.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 38yrs • M •
rAkka is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You're not even taking into consideration economic factors. Who wants a fuel that does not need replacing? Were it possible to build such an engine, you would need some kind of basis for constant profit. Because we live in this individual-centered society, how can you expect anyone to sell this system if someone isn't getting rich off of it, even if it was intentioned to better our lives? Moral dilemma of the human race.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Because we live in this individual-centered society, how can you expect anyone to sell this system if someone isn't getting rich off of it, even if it was intentioned to better our lives?"
Someone's going to make it if its profitable by the laws of the free market.
If the system is cheap, then everyone will buy from it and thus the company will make more money then it did selling fossil fuels.

You seem too pessimistic Rakka.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •

51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So whats the priority, clean environment less of super catastrophic weather effects and a raging heat you cant stand up in longer than an hour without passing out, not to mention evolving a strange reptilian skin in answer to ultra humidity [sci - fi attack of the crocodilian workers] , or a money system that only enables a certain percentage to drive the solar storm vehicles, or a heavenly combination? Who knows Id rather be blasted into space in a capsule on live tv till I vanished in the void and all you could hear was my voice getting quieter than think about it anymore.

72yrs • M •
Blissful, I for one am more than a little perplexed.
What are you saying?
The USA spends billions to fly off into the vast space, toward a future of visiting planets & galaxies beyond?
While we sit in a world being made environmentally uninhabital so why are not the egg heads working on solving these problems? Because they like the control they have to find better ways (WMD) to rule the world that is what government is buying. Reseach into alternate resources, why would they want to spend tax dollars on that?

Clean Energy Source
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy