Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 6

User Thread
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr.T is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh and thats my answer to cryptics question.

"Yesterdays History Tomorrows a Mystery"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Theres not a case that says it cant be false with the power of God

This statement as I read it say there is not a case which says it can not be false with the power of god. Since you used a double negative are you saying that there is no case that can make it true because if you are you just proved me right.

Secondly this quote

quote:
Well he wouldn't have to show people perfect life if adam and eve didnt take the apple because then no one would sin and life would be perfect already.

In no shape or form answers my question. So please read your post and make sure they apply and do not just ramble on incoherently.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kind of retarded of him to leave a apple laying around when if he had just hidden it the earth would be perfect. Not only that but i do believe it was a fig leaf thus the reason why we wear cloths.

But once again, he doesn't show himself the world because he doesn't exist. Give me some substance to your argument not just what you've been told.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 28yrs • M •
Well guess what there are people in my church who have had things done to them out of the ordinary and all of them good and do you know why it was all good because it was because of god. And Zachfrenzel what ive been told doesnt all have to be true but i know that the things from church ive been told are true.

34yrs • M •
quote:
Well guess what there are people in my church who have had things done to them out of the ordinary and all of them good

Mr. T I would like examples of these out of the ordinary things you have spoken of?

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 28yrs • M •
Ok theres this girl named Jinene at my church and they couldnt pay off the rest of the house so one day someone knocks on her door and she answers it then the person at the door just gives her 100$'s and leaves so Jinene opens the door and looks outside and theres no car and no one there.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I must be missing the part where god stepped in, I can see someone from your church playing god but I'm missing were you all omnipotent god comes into play.

You just proved yourself wrong again by stating that your god won't forgive us and we have to repay are sins yet he hands out money?

And it the long run what did that $100 really do, now if it was a smart god wouldn't it have given Jinene a job or a higher paying job. Seems like a much more permit solution to her problem.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 34yrs • M •
quote:
the person at the door just gives her 100$'s

First of all 100 dollars would not pay off a house.

quote:
so Jinene opens the door and looks outside and theres no car and no one there.

People do have other means of transportation other than a motor vehicle. This is not a strong argument for the existents of a god because people give away money all the time. This is no miracle, since she did not see any one it could be have been some is kind that knew about her problem and wanted to help anonymously. So if this is your best argument you don't have a strong case.

28yrs • M •
Zachfrenzel its because she thinks its an angel and cryptic they would of said "hey youve won 100$'s" and if the person was doing something besides driving she would of seen them anyway.

34yrs • M •
quote:
It's because she thinks it's an angel

Why would an angel bring some one 100 hundred dollars when they could help someone that's in more need. Why did this angel decide to help her with her monetary needs when they could have saved a life or stopped someone from being raped? 100 dollars seem insignificant compared to a human life.

quote:
cryptic they would of said "hey youve won 100$'s"

This statement makes me think that you do not comprehend what I am saying because people can give help with out saying you won it. Like I said it could have been a friend or something that wanted to help anonymously.

quote:
if the person was doing something besides driving she would of seen them anyway.

Maybe there is chance she did not you don't know what happened because you did not witness this event first hand, in fact she could of made up this entire story you never know.

28yrs • M •
Well lying is a sin and shes an adult so why would a christian lie.And she thinks the angel is her angel and that another person has there own.

28yrs • M •
Quote"and 100 dollars wouldnt pay off the house" i said she couldnt pay off the rest of the house.
-----

34yrs • M •
I was using the 100 dollars a symbol. A hundred dollars in the whole scheme of life is insignificant and that was my point. If god exists he would not be concerned with monetary troubles, but troubles on a grander scale.

Give a man a fish for the day he you feed him for a day you teach a man how to fish you feed him for a lifetime.

Zach hit the nail on the head when he said if god did exist he would f not just given the money to her, but of offered a means to earn it.

28yrs • M •
God didnt give it to her her angel did and he doesnt always give the opportunity.

34yrs • M •
quote:
God didnt give it to her her angel did

No matter god, angel, devil, unicorn the situation does not make sense. If there was a god, she would have been given the opportunity to make that money and not handed it.

Pretty much you are saying god is like welfare in this situation. We all know that welfare does not work and we all know that god does not exist.

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 6
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy