Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 4

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm going off the notion that math and science is the universal language for any intelligent life out there in the universe. No matter where you go, knowing both these fields will be what ultimately determines are capabilities and odds of survival.

I will believe them to be facts, for the simple reason that no matter what language you speak 2 apples are in fact, 2 apples. Math (2) and science (apples). Even to an alien species they would call them 2 apples (unless you want to get silly and call them by chemical compounds and all that nonsense)

Science isn't something in the minds of humans as even the sun is using science. Its not sentient or living in how we consider a living breathing creature, but its still applied science.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Manegorus is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps he/she/it does, but we don't recognize "Him." Perhaps if we lose all our preconceptions about what "God" is, we will discover that "He" was there all along.

"Cogito, ergo doleo."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the idea of maths being the universal language of God is the right idea. Patterns in nature are mathematical so that would be how you could see God being revealed through creation. DNA is the ultimate language of creation, how much information do you think is stored there? Maybe we just need to listen to the natural world to hear God! I know that sounds a bit new age but well what age is going to look deep into the heart of life and see truth was staring us in the face the whole time!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 58yrs • M •
Cemore Clearly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If frogs had wings they would not bump their butts when they take off.

I guess he does not exist and thank god he does not.

Now was there a force that caused all creation to come into existance? Yes

That force is everywhere so it is revealed right now before your very eyes and it is called the Tao and cannot be explained.

"It could be better and could be worse"
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Manegorus is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whether or not "God" exists depends on what you think "God" is. That "force" you speak of is "God." We all see it, and we all know it exists, we simply disagree on perceptions of what, exactly, "God" really is...Some call it "Yahweh" or "Jehovah," others call it "Tao" or "Brahman," or just "nature." Some speculate about what "powers" this force might have, and how it relates to us. We differ only in our beliefs regarding this "force."

"Cogito, ergo doleo."
 51yrs • F •
I agree. God to me is the most powerful force that ever existed and is the creative force behind the whole universe. Just like any force we can't see God therefore we question whether there is such a thing, but I truly believe that at some level we are able in our deepest selves to recognise the force that I call God and may even be able to tap into that power through prayer and meditation, using those intuitive parts of our brain.

What shape God takes on will completely depend on one's own social, cultural and personal belief systems. That is the systems of knowledge or knowledge base that a person has been surrounded by during their lifetime.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What IF God is not a person who could show himself to the world?

What IF God is evil and stands above us all laughing his ass off hiding in the clouds somewhere.

What IF there is no God and all things created appeared by accident.

Imagine if we spent our time studying just facts and not waste our time on "What IF"

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 51yrs • F •
What if you accept the fact that some people in this world have a concept of God. You carry on looking at the facts as you see them and you don't see a God anywhere in your picture of reality. I however also look at the facts and I do see a God in my concept of reality.

Absolutely every single person on this planet ia an individual with their own perception of the world around them. I wish people who do not believe in any God wouldn't keep telling people who do to have an open mind and yet be so closed minded themselves.

I cannot see the world through your eyes only mine.

What if you open your eyes that bit wider and see that the universe is so complex and so colourful that anything is possible!

40yrs • M •
That's funny how you say people who don't believe in god, atheists, as you will are closed minded. Well I'm agnostic, from my point of view; those who declare a religion are the ignorant ones.
They are the ones who willingly close there minds off of possibilities. And rather then seeking truth by being scientific and logical, they become in fact fools to believe whatever one particular religion or belief says.

It is the religious that say, "Either it's all true or false" then they take one or two events that they believe is true and accept it all to be as well.

Ever even of which I attend a church, I'm asked by the preacher, 'Why don't you open your mind? I challenge you this, read the bible and understand it, front to cover.'

Well I have. And here is my challenge to you, 'open minded' religious extremists. Attend something else. Soon you will find similarities that will shock you when you see other people pray a different way, or worship in another manner.

51yrs • F •
I said I look at the evidence (that is scientific objective evidence and my own feelings and perceptions which are subjective evidence) and in my personal view of the world being as open minded as I possibly can - I (me in my own head not you) - see God. So don't preach to me about religion! I said nothing about religion I said I see God in my own personal view of the world.

40yrs • M •
Hm... my apologies I went on a tangent on that one.
I agree with you everyone has there own perspective in understanding or experiencing the world at large.

The focus of my reply was in regards to what you said stating, 'I wish people who do not believe in any God wouldn't keep telling people who do to have an open mind and yet be so closed minded themselves.' Suggesting people who don't believe in God are close minded and those who do believe in god are open.

This in turn I interpreted that you were religious, and are open minded because of it. Where as at the same time deducing that everyone who isn't religious or believers were close minded.

Maybe because they didn't open there mind to the idea God exists and created the world in 7 days rather then a series of quantum events caused a chain reaction to produce a massive (or maybe insignificant) amount of hydrogen, that would be the building blocks of what we have today like all scientific evidence points too.

Regardless, I'm envious. I see people who are evangelical and are so happy. They are so sure of themselves whether they are right or wrong they don't care. They simply believe, where I on the other hand have to look at every thing I do and say could be incorrect. I have to leave room for error and make sure I don't lock myself down with what I think is true but could be false.

To me that's what being open minded is. What's your opinion on what it means to be open minded? Only to one particular answer and you try to find every reason or evidence to support that? Or study what we have and the possibilities that the evidence leads too?

51yrs • F •
To me being open minded is exactly that, open to any possibility and questioning everything you possibly can question, looking at everybodiy's points of view and saying
"its possible!". If yu find something yourself to prove to you personally that its not possible then you can say that until you find another peice of evidence that proves otherwise that thing is not possible in your eyes.

I'm probally waffling but what I'm trying to say is that everybody has an opinion, an idea, a theory and all theories are possibilities until you find proof positive to the contrary and even if you do find proof to the contrary, someone might come along at a later date with more conflicting proof (even though one person's proof isn't always another's.

Rather than saying I don't believe anything until I have proof, I say I'll believe anything is possible, show me what you have on the matter and I'll look into it.

40yrs • M •
"Rather than saying I don't believe anything until I have proof, I say I'll believe anything is possible, show me what you have on the matter and I'll look into it."

So... you believe in the big bang and string theory then. And are an Agnostic to allow yourself to look at everything rather then centering your beliefs on any one thing. Because so far those have the most supporting, 'Proof' in regards to the universe in general.

The only proof any religion has is a group of people agreeing to the same thing in regards to what happens after they die or explaining something they don't understand.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If God existed why would it have to hide behind stupid 'signs' and miracles, its about fucking time it stepped down from its throne in the sky and took responsibilty for the mess its ego created, but then again, thats only if, if not, nothing changes, we're left to deal with our own problems.

If God existed, then we wouldnt be argueing over it, we would know, it could atleast send a text message, after so many many years, after so many discussions, after so many debates, so many battles, so much fallen blood, we are still asking if this useless figment of our imagination exists.
Why?
What is the point in asking?
Do we even need him?
Where is Allah? Where is Yehwa?
We ask is God there.. why?
So it can help us? So it can embrace us? comfort us? give us meaning to our life?

Just face it everyone, we have no assigned meaning, no specific purpose, choose your own.

I believed up until recently the purpose of my existance, of my confusing, painful, complicated life was to spread the message of Allah, but now I see how silly I was, why would a God, any god, create a human being, put her in a huge confusing world and then expect them get it right.
Lets say God did create us, so why allow religions to emerge, and spread, and new ideologies and confusing dogmas, and political ideologies that opppose religion, if IT wanted us all to be christians or muslims or pinapple shagging fairies, why allow the diversity?

God doesnt exist, the way the toothfairy doesnt. And whats my proof? The fact that there is none to prove it. That is enough for me.

The diversity of the human race, the different languages, cultures, values, is a proof that God does not exist to me because the religions that preach his existance are not so welcoming of diversity, they all want the whole world to somehow change to the culture from which that religion emerged.

If God existed, honestly...

after more than 2000 years we are still saying if.
We have no need for him, so even if he did exist, who cares, alot of good hes doing working behind doors and teaching us 'lessons' through our pain.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy