The worst pain in life is when someone you know turns into someone you knew. - sweetygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 5

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought this was quite a nice little point to be made so I have included it here. This is not my belief but an interesting point none the less.
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know how religion is discovered?
Word of mouth and the religious books/ teachings, word of mouth, by other people.

You know how science is discovered?
Observation and intelligence.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
On that note, this is an entirely observable explanation. Those who wish to adopt the philosophies of Ken Wilber and connect all the dots with what he says here should be satisfied.
This video appears to have been removed

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why doesn't god show himself to us simply, because there is no go we are all gods.

There is no one god, we are the creators.

Simply put we have proof

i know what can be proven and until some one can show me that one god exists with logical and scientific proof I will stick to my belief that there is no god.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr.T is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
god doesnt have to show himself to be there cuz hes all around everyone tryin to bless everyone with the word of his existance

"Yesterdays History Tomorrows a Mystery"
 28yrs • M •
and cryptic i disagree with you cuz all of the proof we got is in the bible and if you dont agree than what religion are you or are you an atheist

34yrs • M •
quote:
god doesn't have to show himself to be there cuz hes all around everyone tryin to bless everyone with the word of his existance

If god is present all around us why do terrible things happen to people? Why there is war and famine. Why doesn't he stop the religious war being fought in his name?

quote:
all of the proof we got is in the bible

The Bible contains many stories that contradict each other. Have you actually read the bible? Do you actually believe every word written?

For example;

Noah' Ark

God also instructed Noah to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, along with every kind of food to be stored as food for the animals and his family while on the ark. Noah obeyed everything God commanded him to do.

These stories could not happen scientifically. Noah has to gather all living creature there are millions of creature that is not humanly possible. Do you think you could gather every living creature if got told you to? It's just hard for me to stories in the bible. I do think they have meaning behind them such as morals ext... but other than that I just can't say they prove there is a god.

quote:
if you dont agree than what religion are you or are you an atheist

I would consider myself agnostic.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know your young but the sooner you hear this the better off you will be. I"m not going to baby you, your old enough to understand the world.

"god doesnt have to show himself to be there cuz hes all around everyone tryin to bless everyone with the word of his existance"

Why run around the mountain when you can go through the valley. If god did appear don't you think that it would kind of solve this entire argument and all the worlds problems but he doesn't. Mostly because he doesn't exist.

Next time you would like to talk about imaginary friends why don't you turn on the T.V. because its taught you everything you know and watch fosters because i value your opinion just as must as do blues. Meaning sure its cute but holds as much weight as lead in water.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 28yrs • M •
well becuz god doesnt have all control the devil can take over to with his demons

34yrs • M •
quote:
well becuz god doesnt have all control

It is certainly true that nothing occurs in the world unless the Lord knows about it. He is omnipresent. He knows all things (1 John 3:20).

It seems as if you have not done your reading god is omnipotent. He does in fact have all control.

quote:
the devil can take over to with his demons

Did you know he created Satan?

God knew he would fall and rebel against him, so why did he create Satan?

28yrs • M •
satan was created by god but god only knows what will happen in our life satan was never a human to begin with and guess what ive learned somthin the bible has never been misproven and it has been proven to be true because we have found stuff it says exists and people are still tryin to misprove it and guess what not gonna happen

34yrs • M •
the bible has never been misproven and it has been proven to be true because we have found stuff it says exists and people are still tryin to misprove it and guess what not gonna happen

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/80383/did-darwin-dethrone-god.htm

It has been miss proven do you research. The church has been slandering and condemning some of the world's greatest scientist has heretics because of their threat to the future of religion.

For example Jesus was born form a virgin mother, so there was no fertilization ext..

Find me a medical case with validity where this has happened and I will agree with you.

28yrs • M •
Theres not a case that says it cant be false with the power of God

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If it has all that power why doesn't it just show sinners like me now instead of when i die?

Cryptic I think the answer to your question is that god is a giant sperm bank and when every man in the world is shooting blanks due to the cancerous material we consume every day.

Then it will come down and screw every woman on are planet thus creating a planet full of little Jesuses (not only that but giving are woman extreme satisfaction in the process) thus creating a planet full of super humans where everything is perfect ... god works in mysterious ways i guess.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 28yrs • M •
Well he wouldn't have to show people perfect life if adam and eve didnt take the apple because then no one would sin and life would be perfect already.

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy