Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God? - Page 6

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm an athiest god doesnt exist.

And you are sure of this? You would need to have infinite knowledge to be sure!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Petesmith, does Alah exist? Does Buddha exist? Does my own personal God exist? What say you!

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Das Kapital is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
see thats the problem, people see the negative aspects of religion and what it's doing to the world, and so make up judgments and then close their minds. Not following religion is a quite mature thing to do, not believing in a judgmental god is also a quite mature thing to do-not beleiving in a higher aspect of life, believing the world functions soley on logic and there isn't even a remote possibiltiy od any God-nowthats immature

God cannot be explained through empirical evidence hence I dismiss his validity and deny his existence. As if superstition had any credible claim to the title of "civilized" in theory or practice.

"To wish for death is a coward's part." [Timidi est optare necem.] Ovid"
 39yrs • M •
You are welcome to your opinion the fact of the matter is religion in itself is full of contradictions and outrageous claims. Religion is utterly useless in everyday life its promoted by those that cannot accept the validity of rational thought over superstition and irrationality. Faith is not a valid way of reaching a logical conclusion.

48yrs • M •
The evidence for Gods existance is all around you. The truth of the matter is most people do not want God to be real because it would cause us to have to change the way we live our lives (God focused instead of self focused).

BTW Decius is evolution a science?

48yrs • M •
quote:
Petesmith, does Alah exist? Does Buddha exist? Does my own personal God exist? What say you!

Alah? to be honest I have never met him or seen him. I would probably think not but then I dont know.
Buddha? Yes he existed a long time ago but he was just a man.
Your own personal God? Very probably.

But what I do know is the God of the Bible is real, because I have communion with Him through Jesus Christ. That is real. God said that when we search for the truth with all our hearts, we will find it. God has made us in such a way that we are only made complete when we are in relationship with Him. We have a God shaped hole within us that only God can fill. We can stuff the hole fill with many other things but only God will truly satisfy!

So how can you be sure that God doesn't exist?

37yrs • M •
First off, if you are christian you don't seem to be very sure that your God is the "only" God. If you follow the bible you "should" "know" there is no other God.

There is no way to be certain that there is no God. But I choose to keep my status of "N/A". There is how many religions in the world who all claim to have the one and ONLY true God creator. If there is a God I think he has done a terrible job of not playing favorites in the world and is a far more cruel being than any human I have met in my life. The concept of hell is ridiculous. W/e.

37yrs • M •
Petesmith:
"The evidence for Gods existance is all around you."

I think that many would be upset and unfairly charged of crimes they didn't commit with your definition of evidence.

39yrs • M •
quote:
The evidence for Gods existance is all around you. The truth of the matter is most people do not want God to be real because it would cause us to have to change the way we live our lives (God focused instead of self focused).

What evidence statements like that dont hold any weight with me. Your not one of those creationist nuts are you?.

48yrs • M •
quote:
Your not one of those creationist nuts are you?

I assume by this statement you are an evolutionist?

48yrs • M •
quote:
First off, if you are christian you don't seem to be very sure that your God is the "only" God. If you follow the bible you "should" "know" there is no other God

What I believe you are asking me was what proof do I have that there is only one God. Do I have proof of this that I can present to you? No I dont. But I do believe that the God of the Bible is the one TRUE God. There are many gods in this world. Hell you can worship the devil as a god if you want. You can even worship a football star as a god.

You might not like the doctrine of hell (actually I dont either) but it doesnt make it anyless true. Not liking something is not proof of somethings non existance. Could you supply some proof that God doesnt exist.

As I said in some other post, most athiests are really agnostics.

39yrs • M •
quote:
I assume by this statement you are an evolutionist?

Yes among other things.

37yrs • M •
quote:
Very correct. If you are a Christian knowing God is not enough. You must know that all other Gods are false. However, you must also remember that although it seems like all religions believe their God is the one and only God, the only real religions that believe that are Islam and Christianity. The reason it seems like a lot of them believe that is that these two religions have monopolized the religious wars of the globe in our history. But widespread religions such as Buddhism and Hinduism (which have been around about double as long as either Islam or Christianity) do not believe in one irrefutable entity. Hence, there is a such thing as open minded religion.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That is one major issue I have with christianity, that all other religions are considered to be "false" religions.
I think it is beyond ignorant to say such things. They may be correct but they do not know and that mind set is what will cause people to kill other people.
The "I am right and you are wrong no matter what." mind set. And that is just an understatement.
The "I THINK KILLING YOU AND EVERYONE YOU LOVE IS THE BEST THING TO DO!!!" mind set. Well hey its in your own personal belief that everyone is wrong and you are right in that your God is the only God and he says KILL all others who dare oppose me. That is justifiable right? I don't think so. Just a bunch of shit.

God? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy