You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God? - Page 4

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
A basic philosophical question that doubts the existence of God is if god is benevolent and perfect then why is the world so cruel and imperfect?
Also so many religious doctrines are against science and stem cell research etc which could save lives and cure diseases so God is permitting suffering. I think religion is control and power and captialises on peoples fears in order to form an alliance that leads to war in the end.

So what you're saying is that God can't exist unless God is perfect and a perfect leader who maintains a perfect world. What is your logic in this thinking?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
I have heard a similiar theory that I will try to investigate someday - From Edgar Cayce that we as children of God have choosen to be physical beings and actually is apart of our growning up. As spirits we formed the human body and entered it, the process took thousands of years, and that for now is all I know about it.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
IN The Bible it states God is all good and perfect. But the world around us isnt, so how can something evil and imperfect come from a perfect creator. How can he make a mistake if he is perfect?

As we (humans) become wiser we develop a greater understanding of the world and the universe around us. We are able to explain the structure and formation of life. We are able to explain its purpose. However we cannot explian the purpose of ourselves, what are function is, we are not part of the food chain. Our only purpose is to reproduce yet we are gifted with intelligence so why did God create us to doubt him? why has he created us with enough intelligence to destroy our habitat? what is the purpose of this intelligence?

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But the world around us isnt, so how can something evil and imperfect come from a perfect creator. How can he make a mistake if he is perfect?

There is no mistake, God has handed power of this world to Satan. This was done because humans desired to serve Satan rather than God. Those who wish to follow God will do so and the other will choose the alternative.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
IN The Bible it states God is all good and perfect. But the world around us isnt, so how can something evil and imperfect come from a perfect creator. How can he make a mistake if he is perfect?

I don't know the answer to that question for sure, I might have an opinion or two, but niether proves or disproves the existance of God.

64yrs • M •
Further - this might be a perfect world if we weren't in it.

41yrs • M •
Yes the imperfections might be a result of our sins. It can be discussed forever and there is no proof yet we cannot deny the question 'is there a god. there is a natural instinct to wonder? I hope to come to a conculsion soon. i dont like being an agnostic.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
IN The Bible it states God is all good and perfect. But the world around us isnt, so how can something evil and imperfect come from a perfect creator. How can he make a mistake if he is perfect

But why do so many people think that this world is full of imperfections? You just have to be able to see. I have yet to come across a bad person in my life thus far. Yes, people may abuse, they may be rude, but that doesn't make them bad people, every one has a valid reason. Neither will I be wrong, nor the other person, we both will have our reasons, the conflict arises only when we fail to understand the others veiwpoint, then nobody is wrong. Everywhere this is the case, riots, massacres, where mobs kill innocents, even those people are not bad, if they do such things they also have valid reasons.

so you see, if only one realizes things like these then you learn to see perfection in everything.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i dont like being an agnostic.

Being agnostic is much better than blindly following religion or blindly saying there is no God. Essentially there is no God, God is not a sepereate entity from us. A time comes in people's lives where by the grace of god you stop relying on your logic, when you stop depending on philosphy, and perhaps by some miracle start to see life in its unkowable beauty.

May God bless your life.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
You cant have a valid reason for murdering a 6 month old baby and depositing the body in a drain. You may be able to explain someones disposition through traumatic childhood experiences but this does not justify their crime and it does not make them a good person. Imperfections are all around us no ones perfect as they say. Look at our bodies they are far from perfect, we need glasses to see, we catch dieseases, we are born with incureable conditions.

yes being agnositc is good because it means i question everything i am told and taught but im moving towards being an athiest now. i think having my mind made up makes other choices easier whereas being agnostic makes me indecisive.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Angel of Death

You stated that God is in all of us. And that we are to busy useing logic to prove God, and that it is because of that, that we are not seeing him. I think you got it half right and half wrong. I agree that God is in all of us. But what you suggest is based on faith alone. That is foolish.

1. What man goes into battle with nothing but faith?
2. What man buys a car with nothing but faith?
3. What man places a goverment over himself with nothing but faith?

The answer is no man. Because all of these things are to important, for us to use just faith. And because of this we use logic to implement our decesions in all of these things. In order that we have the best outcome.
Likewise, the answer of "God?" is to important to go on faith alone. We must also inerject logic, so that we can have the best possible answers.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Conway, What is your definition of faith? I dont think you quite understand Biblical faith.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Being agnostic is much better than blindly following religion

Everybody is different, but it would be difficult for me not to believe anything - I believe things by accident without even thinking, I have an opinion. It would be difficult for me to be Agnostic.

But having looked up the definition of Agnostic, having to do this because I'm not real good at these big words. Agnostic means that you're not sure if there is or isn't a God and yet you always speak as if there is a God.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that agnostic is also the belief that there is a god but no way to personally distinguish him from any religion or any belief.
He is just there and refuses to show himself to us physically.
Thats what I always thought agnostic was.
But w/e

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
agnosticism - 1: a religious orientation of doubt; a denial of ultimate knowledge of the existence of God; "agnosticism holds that you can neither prove nor disprove God's existence" 2: the disbelief in any claims of ultimate knowledge.

it does not proclaim there is or is not a God. it simply states that we cannot know one way or another for certain.

"agnostic" is a synonym for skeptic. it simply means you are doubtful or noncommittal about something.

'Though I am agnostic on what terms to use, I have no doubt that human infants come with an enormous 'acquisitiveness' for discovering patterns' (William H. Calvin).

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
God? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy