Without light, there can be no darkness. But the darkness doesn't need the light to win. - Gaz Mitchell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God? - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sometimes infinite sometimes finite

(but if he is always infinite would you say he cant question himself eing deciveed and not knowing everything? or is that for if hes finite?_

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't really know, but I think God is fine with me.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Then God if I am aware of my self awarness. Then why can't I just have you take me out of this crappy existence ,and have you teach me the rest of what I need to know,yourself.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 64yrs • M •
Some would say that God is perfect and we don't know what this is, and that would seem to make sense if God is the creator and we are the created.

That however does not mean that God is without limits just as we are. It is written that we are created in his image, if that is true then this would stand to reason. Jesus often refers to God as our father, or as a father figure. Should you ever have children you will discover that there are some things you can't teach them, there are just some things they have to learn on their own and you hope they don't make to many mistakes.

Infinite is just a word we don't know the meaning to and I concede that I don't know what God is. God to me is the only explanation for creation that could not come into existence by chance. A spark of intelligence lit a fire, from the smoke of this fire the world was formed. I bet one to one billion chance it didn't happen that way, and you know what, I bet one to one billion that we didn't just happen by chance - so the big question, how did we happen and what is God - nobody knows. Lots of people have ideas, but nobody knows.

I have absolutely no respect for people who try to convince others that they have the answer by insulting those who have a different idea. Give me proof, not insults.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okcitykid

I hope you are not refering to me. I did not mean an insult at all. I was actually a little stoned and posted that on the wrong thread But I agree with what you said though. It is the best way to answer the question of God without answering it at all. Like you said the question can not be fully answerd.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 64yrs • M •
No your alright Conway - But there are other people here who just want to pick fights who have no interest in learning or sharing, they think they already know it all and are set out to prove it.

I understand the frustrations and sometimes I feel it to, wondering if God causes nations to rise and fall why was Bush reelected, things puzzle me at times.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you wan't discuss and theorize about God, use philosphy and logic. If you want to know God, know Life for yourself, get rid of all logic. God is right inside you, literally, you are just so intent on trying to explain life only through logic that you miss Life itself, you miss God.

okcitykid, one only becomes puzzled by all the happenings of the world if one carries the notion that God is a entity. It is probably better not to believe in God, as then you learn to see God in the flowers, trees and even everyday people, then things such as Bush being elected won't bother you.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 64yrs • M •
I have theorized that there were two gods. One is a duplicate program I call the law that was created and put in motion and that keeps everything in balence and the other is the God who created all things.

But I must concede with all I see happening in the world today, maybe I don't understand God at all.

I do see God as an entity though I know, I really don't know, but I have this picture in my head most likely from reading the bible when I was a young child. Things continue as they are, I might be forced to see God in a different light.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I pray sincerely that you do begin to see life differently.

okcitykid, why thoerize how God put things in motion, how everything is in balance etc, why not simply look at these things with wonder, why try to finish the mystery of life, as life has true beauty when there is mystery. You will know more if you stop trying to know.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Somebody once told me that god was actually our true self. That each of us is god. The idea was that god was attempting to learn all there is to know about human experience, and so he broke himself up in to little consciousnesses that act as small feelers, sensory nerves touching the world of material existence and experiencing an infinite number of possibilities. By doing this, however, each little consciousness becomes extremely limited and weak, totally forgetting who they are: pieces of god himself. We are aware, of course, that we know nothing except our own internal world. We cannot step into the minds of others and, therefore, the world is really something that exists within our own minds, the only world that exists. The external world, then, may be a reflection of our internal world and possibly "mental" in substance. The real world may actually be metaphysical, the same substance as our mind which can act as a sixth sense or third eye capable of touching or sensing the external world as it truly is, and possibly capable of causing changes, much as god might be able to do. Pretty freaky idea, huh?

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not really

"God created man in his image" this and many other similiar references allude to and support that exact concept.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wizardslogic, if you want to explore that idea further check out alan watts. he has a lecture series called Out Of Your Mind where he talks about a lot of ideas very similar to that. david icke is another one who writes along those lines.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

A basic philosophical question that doubts the existence of God is if god is benevolent and perfect then why is the world so cruel and imperfect?
Also so many religious doctrines are against science and stem cell research etc which could save lives and cure diseases so God is permitting suffering. I think religion is control and power and captialises on peoples fears in order to form an alliance that leads to war in the end.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
A basic philosophical question that doubts the existence of God is if god is benevolent and perfect then why is the world so cruel and imperfect?

If you assume there is such a thing as cruelty and evil, is there such a thing as good?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Freewill creates evil.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
God? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy