Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what's the logic in x dying for our sins? - Page 3

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Now ethereal lets think logically for a second here ok?

quote:
God doesn't tell people to murder eachother. People are just too afraid to take responsibility for their actions and will say "God told me to" or "the Devil made me do it".

You cannot prove that God doesn't say these things.
Of course your statement COULD be true, BUT so could mine.

quote:
But do they know who their god is?

Sure they do. Alah, Buddha.. etc.. Even if they didn't know exactly WHO their God was doesn't make it impossible for them to hear the words of their God.

quote:
I cannot prove that God exists but He can. Believe me I wish it was a simple matter to just perform a miracle or two. But you choose not to find God and so you don't. If you were open to His existence then you would find out for sure.

This one is a little tricky. I know you can't thats why I challenged you. If God is real then he could but he doesn't leaving us in the rain. I CHOOSE not to believe in anyone thing because anything could be possible. I was open to him my entire childhood and nothing. And by the way it is impossible to "know for sure" that God exist.

What I said:
quote:
If anyone is close minded here it is you.

When I say closed minded I mean to the possibility of anything. If you conform to the limited belief of only one thing then no longer can you Believe in anything and be open to everything.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

Sure I can. God doesn't want us to destroy eachother plain and simple why then would He tell us to do something He doesn't want us to do?

quote:
Sure they do. Alah, Buddha.. etc.. Even if they didn't know exactly WHO their God was doesn't make it impossible for them to hear the words of their God.

But who says the words makes all the difference. Satan controls all religions except Christianity.

quote:
I know you can't thats why I challenged you. If God is real then he could but he doesn't leaving us in the rain. I CHOOSE not to believe in anyone thing because anything could be possible. I was open to him my entire childhood and nothing.

But God does show us. And if you don't think so then you are not open to all possibilites.

quote:
When I say closed minded I mean to the possibility of anything. If you conform to the limited belief of only one thing then no longer can you Believe in anything and be open to everything.

Yes. What of it. I belief that I am a male and I am not open to the possibility of being a woman.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and that is a problem. you must realize that you don't KNOW anything. anything at all. you must also realize that anything, and i mean anything, is possible, because you could be ebing lied to. for your whole life everyone in this world could be lying to you. this could all be a big game show. you dont fucking know. you very well could be the scientific definition of a woman. you dont know.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
Wow..

What I said:
quote:

What you said:
quote:
Sure I can.

Then do it.

quote:
But who says the words makes all the difference. Satan controls all religions except Christianity.

Exactly why you are closed minded. CAN YOU "PROVE" SATAN CONTROLS ALL OTHER RELIGIONS!? NO YOU CAN'T!

quote:
But God does show us.

Oh really? If God showed humanity PROOF of his existence then we would not be debating about this.

quote:
Yes. What of it. I belief that I am a male and I am not open to the possibility of being a woman.

Im referring to believing...............................................
Being a woman is quite different than a Belief in God.

37yrs • M •
quote:
and that is a problem. you must realize that you don't KNOW anything. anything at all. you must also realize that anything, and i mean anything, is possible, because you could be ebing lied to. for your whole life everyone in this world could be lying to you. this could all be a big game show. you dont fucking know. you very well could be the scientific definition of a woman. you dont know.

Exactly.

39yrs • M •
quote:

If nothing can be known then why do you look down on "ignorant" people? If nobody really knows anything why bother with education? You don't know that nothing can really be known.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i , we, bother because it is fun. i dont look down on ignorant people just people that dont know they are.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
What's fun about trying to pretend we know something?

37yrs • M •
For me, I just live my life by what feels most real and what makes the most sense to me.
Ignorance is Bliss.
I don't look down on anyone.
I just wish they could understand my point of view.
If they can't then ok.
If you have faith and believe in God and you are happy I am happy for you because you have done something I can't.
Be happy.
Much <3

39yrs • M •
quote:
I just wish they could understand my point of view.

How often do you try to understand their point of view?

37yrs • M •
quote:
What's fun about trying to pretend we know something?

None the less I exist here now and whether this is real or not I am still here so why not just go with it and find out what happens at the end of it all.

37yrs • M •
quote:
How often do you try to understand their point of view?

As much as possible.
I try my best not to be ignorant although everyone is sometimes.

39yrs • M •
quote:
I try my best not to be ignorant although everyone is sometimes.

If everything is possible then nothing can be known therefore we must all be ignorant all the time.

37yrs • M •
This again..

quote:
If everything is possible then nothing can be known therefore we must all be ignorant all the time.

Yep. your right.

But there are 2 ways to look at this subject (atleast for me there are 2). You go with perceived experience like if you stick your hand in a fire you will be burned everytime.
Logical Sense.

Along with logical sense which is what is most real we must not forget that even though this is what is most real it may too be a false reality. For we all may be dreaming or this is a reality created by a higher being such as God or aliens!
Either anything is possible and we must always remember that.

39yrs • M •
quote:
You go with perceived experience like if you stick your hand in a fire you will be burned everytime.
Logical Sense.

Experience. But see I know from my experience that God is alive. I know He is with me and I can see the difference He makes in my life. This is all experience based.

Anything is not possible because that would mean that we could be alive and dead at the same time. We could be starving and full. Sleeping and awake.

what's the logic in x dying for our sins? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy