I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face. - Johnny Depp
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can War be a good thing? - Page 6

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In reference to the Just war requirements-
Right authority: Only duly constituted public authorities may use deadly force or wage war
Just cause: Force may be used only to correct a grave public evil, e.g. a massive violation of the basic rights of whole populations
Right intention: Force may be used only in a truly just cause and solely for that purpose; Correcting a suffered wrong is considered a right intention, while material gain is not.

No modern war can possibly meet Just war standards. Here are some reasons why war isn't just. Morality can't or should not exist in war, it can only exist in a peaceful situation. Killing innocent people is wrong. George Bush advocated the protection of innocent lives, yet during war the lives of innocents weren't guaranteed. Therefore, unless the lives of innocents can be guaranteed, war cannot be justified under any grounds. Life is sacred. Wars cannot achieve political & social goals. Wars hinder rather than help in attaining important ends. Wars risk the future of the Human race. War shouldn't be a government power. War has become something which is inherently outside the moral sphere of state activity. Wars of aggression are wrong. The US initiated the violence and began the war. There is always an aggressor and hence someone has acted immorally. War violates international law. War is contrary to national self-interest. As i've mentioned before, the Iraqi war was primarily for power, not peace (as all wars are). War has reduced the security of U.S. citizens and most of the contemporary western world. The broad American consensus that Bush's war is ''just'' represents a shallow assessment of that war, a shallowness that results from many factors such as ignorance and feeblemindedness.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"What if both sides of the war are right, at least from their own prespectives"

bingo. in their own perspectives and no one elses, there fore there is no universal right and wrong.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
in their own perspectives and no one elses, there fore there is no universal right and wrong.

Just because opinions differ does not mean there is not a universal right or wrong. But you method of defining right and wrong doesn't allow for the idea and favours this chaotic system.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And never will be. Wars are often necessary because we lack intelligence as a species. If people worked to beneifit the whole rather than just themselves then people would be better off.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
They have also found proof that he gave state support to al-Quida

They told us they found proof, they lied to us, there was never any proof

If this is a war against al Quida, then we are loosing badly. al Quida is a much larger organization now that we have gone to war then it was before the war. While our recruiters can't meet their goals and we are now 300 billion more in debt, they grow richer and larger. Should this war continue than al Quida is sure to become a great nation and we are sure to be bankrupt.

Truth is - this never was a war against al Quida - it might be a war in support for al Quida as our efforts continue to grow this organization. But what this was really about was profits, and the profiteers are making a bundle while our country grows broke and our children die. But they tell you this is a war against terrorism and we must not surrender, and you believe them.

You've been fooled, the proof is the fact that we're not even pursuing Bin Laden, the king pin of al Quida.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 48yrs • M •
sy nyt is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
true the amarican people are fooled, i agree with etherealmeek on his last post, but we arent working together, we arent meant to on the contrary were meant to do the opposite we cant all have the power. or can we?

cynicism at its purest my friends.

64yrs • M •
This might sound crazy, but I believe in a law of God that is at work in our world unawares.

IF Mr. Bush would admit his true intentions and apologize to America and the world, on a foundation of repentance, we could possibly go forward and beat al-Quida.

But as long as we pretend that we did nothing wrong we will continue to not win but loose to battle a force that continues to grow as we continue to deny the truth.

So - I say - get our troops home. The longer they stay in Iraq the weeker we as a nation become and our soldiers more of a chance to die - for a lie - why?

48yrs • M •
sy nyt is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
you think the u.s. became the worlds only superpower with apologies and staying out of other countries bussiness,please, dont be so naive my friend. this government is not that stupid they know what theyre doing.

64yrs • M •
We became a great nation by killing off indians and stealing their land.

Don't be so naive to believe that we will remain a super power.

Ten more years in Iraq and we will become the United States of China.

48yrs • M •
killing indians and taking their land is already invading others(much like iraq).and it alone is not what made it a great nation.

i never said they would remain a superpower,shit,i hope they fall soon.but they will try.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Podslapper is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes.

"Hello, hello, hello"
Can War be a good thing? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy