Cherish the happy memories of your childhood, for they make a good cushion to sit on when you get older. - l2 () l3
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can War be a good thing? - Page 4

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"As I said earlier, if more people are saved than the amount of people who die - then its a good war"

wow okkid, that was a real ass-hole thing to say. your saying that everyone is the same in their value, but you dont know what that value is. to you someonoe may be worth nothing, but to me they could be the world. ok, say no one dies that i love, in this war. as a matter of fact, )well.... lets imagine that the accumulated number of your wife and children is 4).. only 4 people die in the whole war. those 4 people, if you couldnt go from a to b are you family. 5 people were saved. was that a good war?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
only 4 people die in the whole war. those 4 people, if you couldnt go from a to b are you family. 5 people were saved. was that a good war?

Depends which side you are on.

Imagine that the one person you love more than anyone or anything was captured and sentenced to death for a crime not commited and the only way to stop it was through a war that will cost more lives then it saves. Would you then say war is evil and let that person die?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
thats is exactly what i ws saying. how dare he judge the war rom one perspective.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Vengence is mine saith the Lord - That does not mean it is ours. You might say that the bible supports wars, but those wars, if it true, were commanded by God for his own purpose not man.

Once again - If Iraq is a good war then why aren't you volunteering to over there.

In Vietnam people are still suffering from the Agent Orange we dropped on them. People who did nothing at all to us - should they come over here and kill us.

In Iraq we have dropped 22 thousand tons of still unspent Uranium that will continue to poison those people for thousands years.

There is NOTHING RIGHT ABOUT KILLING over one hundred thousand and poisening generations of children.

The proof of the lies are in the Downing Street Memos, you just watch news next week as you will hear about the lies as Fitzgerald uncovers them.

I don't hate the government I served for 14 years. How many years have you served?

You're just cheerleaders - well your team is loosing and its a tragedy - maybe if you pitched in you can save it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M
you have no ideas what i am saying, you pompus ass. i have already given you mare than a satisfactory answer as to why i dont, im scared of dying. secondly, you didnt listen to a word i said.
and i dont give a fuck about any wars, or governments, or anything. im not cheering, im not even at the game.

47yrs • M •
DavidHill is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What is it to measure yourself against other people? The history of mankind is the history of war - look at any history of civilisation and it lists the wars, and gives them prominence.

Do you think that Caeser, Alexander, Napoleon would all be terrible dinner guests? Talk about egotistic.

I love the points of Costa Rica and Switzerland's involvement in conflict.

Would you think that a legalised, televised war games with real guns and mercenaries should fight wars? With legal ramifications enforced by a UN standing army? Much like imaging paintballing for keeps.

"All I know is you"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
you have no ideas what i am saying, you pompus ass. i have already given you mare than a satisfactory answer as to why i dont, im scared of dying. secondly, you didnt listen to a word i said.
and i dont give a fuck about any wars, or governments, or anything. im not cheering, im not even at the game.

Is that how you win your arguements with anger and cursing?

quote:
I cannot help but wonder, can war be a good thing?

My answer is - only if more lives are saved then lost - granted that might be difficult to determine, but it is still my answer.

and if you're going to dissagree - please be an adult about it and give me a logical reason why it is good that more should die then live and why that would be a good thing?

35yrs • M
i have given up on winning. because you dont want to argue, you insulted me first. my charachter by asking me why i dont inlist. you dont want to argue, you want to be right, so thats why i called you a pompus ass.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aside from a good plague, war is the only thing that can cure the world of humanity. whether thats good or bad depends on your perspective. trees and snow leapords would dig it, however that newly wed couple down the street that just gave birth to their first child would be pissed the fuck off.

"dont got one"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
My answer is - only if more lives are saved then lost - granted that might be difficult to determine, but it is still my answer.

Noone will ever know for sure how many lives will be saved by war. in a book I read a prophet who was locked up was allowed a congical visit from a prostitute. Afterwards she escaped screaming and started a war that killed ten thousand. Everyone condemed the prophet for starting a war, and finally in his defense he stated that an inocent mother was killed during the war, that if allowed to live would give birth to a man who would slaughter millions.

The example is we will never know based on your standards on right or wrong wheter the war is good. Are we just supposed to wait for the media to bring the things they consider important to light?

The people who want to live in the US and continously yell about how evil we are and how this country is so corrupt, maybe they should just move out of this country.

"What is true power?"
 64yrs • M •
Azhrei - you have already decided that this war is good, so why have you asked the question if you're sure of an answer.

And as far as leaving - I was here first, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not shutting up until my country admits it made a mistake.

64yrs • M •
quote:
however that newly wed couple down the street that just gave birth to their first child would be pissed the fuck off.

quote:
Carly's poem -- A Nation Rocked to Sleep
by Cindy Sheehan

Carly Sheehan
August 15th, 2005

Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?
The torrential rains of a mother's weeping will never be done
They call him a hero, you should be glad that he's one, but
Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?
He must be brave because his boy died for another man's lies
The only grief he allows himself are long, deep sighs
Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?
They say that he died so that the flag will continue to wave
But I believe he died because they had oil to save
Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?
The leaders want to keep you numb so the pain won't be so deep
But if we the people let them continue another mother will weep
Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Azhrei - you have already decided that this war is good, so why have you asked the question if you're sure of an answer

I have decided this war is necessary, not good. I asked the question in order to get intelligent response about the
[/i]concept[i] of war. You seem to be focusing on how evil the government is and, I am only stating what you seem to think from what you've posted, that they should all die, becuase only you know what is really going on.

"What is true power?"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
that they should all die, becuase only you know what is really going on.

Who should all die?

I keep up on it as best as I can. Right now Optruth seems to be the best source - coming from soldiers who have actually been there.

Last I heard 64 journalists have been killed, already more than have been killed in Vietnam - it is suspected intentional. So it is kinda hard to get the truth out will all these journalists dieing, not to mention that the right wing owns main stream media.

There was a nice place to go where you could get some truth, Iraq.net - but somebody killed it - and I haven't learned the scoop on that yet.

35yrs • M
the point is, good stuf comes from war, that is undeniable. how much those things matter is up to every person to decide for themselves. so the qeustion is answerd. "Can war be a ood thing?" yes, depending on how you look at it. if you want to debate personal prefrences in order to asimulate some sort of chart that catigorizes it all for so that you dont have tothink, you should get off this site and start your thousand year pilgramige, because thats how long it will take to talk to everyone about his. if not, except the fact that peole are different and that wars can be good depending ont the person's perspective, and that everyones perspective is the same.

Can War be a good thing? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy