When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car. - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you believe? - Page 5

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Both are pieces of paper with printing on them. As to their percieved value, people will lie, cheat, steal & murder others for them . . . they are not worthy the perceived value given them.

Objects have value then according to their need. For example if I have a 12 course meal waiting for me to eat and someone offers me a piece of bread it would seem pretty worthless. But to the man with nothing that one peice of bread is life.
But the value of objects is still based on their relative usefulness.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Agreed that value in pertient to ones desires. I desire to meet the need least desire become lord over my life.
As with art, to me, true artistic beauty lies in form with function. A beautifully engraved spoon with gold , silver & jewels becomes less functional as those having such, tend not to use it's intended function.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BSR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I myself would fall into the category of a Heathen. Odinst is what I prefer to be called. I used to practice Odinism quite heavily, celebrating Blots and the Equinoxes.

Sorry for necro'ing a old thread.

40yrs • F •
gwendolyn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
True. Religion can't save you. No matter what you believe, it's up to you. It's all about deeds.

33yrs • F •
Sister Socrates is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm a Protestant Christian, and more specifically, a 5-point Calvinist.

"'Scepticism itself, following an unavoidable circle of pure reason, becomes dogma.' - Johann Georg Hamann, Letter to Johann Gottfried Herder"
 43yrs • F •
xoxwillowxox33 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that when we die, we go to wherever we feel we deserve to go.
For instance if we harbour feelings of guilt upon death then we would put ourselves in our own hell. If we feel we've been moral and die at peace with ourselves then we go to whatever we believe is heaven.
Heaven and hell are in our own minds, different religions will have different concepts of these but the principle is the same.
Now that's about as far as I got as I do not hold any particular belief system ...I believe in universal conciousness and I feel that is what is interpreted in many cultures as God???

66yrs • M •
Nebbish is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Camus Absurdist

What do you believe? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy