Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Points on Religion

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Points on Religion
The main thing of religion is a support to hold the human race up. however when people known as extremists take it too far, i tend to hate religion... i do no like this. so let me know if you disagree with me on this one.

Muslim, Christian, or Jew, practice as you please. just let my belief belong to me, and yours to you.

as ghandi put it "God has no religion"

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hold the human race up? people who believe this are lost.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
hold the human race up? people who believe this are lost.

But why though? And lost to what? there isn't any difinitive proof that there is a one true religion, or proof that god exists for that matter.

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M •
it holds the human race together because without it, we would be lost... i do not believe in a religion... yet i am not an atheist. i so very much want to say there is no "god" but everytime i try to say it, something turns in my stomach... dont get me wrong, i am not religious at all, and i dont live my life by the law of any "god"

people need something to unite behind, and religion is just that. it is when this idea is taken too far that bad events happen from it.

Religion is peace
Religion is war

that is true in every aspect.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
religion as an organisation, is as much as humans make it. it alsmot better to believe in god, but not go to church, as long as you follow the morals, it is the unfortunate problem of the mob mentality, as it also applies to a religion, it is only as clever as its stupidest member. if therd is one person who will take it too far, there will end up being others. which is how extremism is born.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
rock on Al, rock on...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
organizations, religious, political or otherwise are crucial aspects of society. they are quick and productive and often have very positive effects. however, an individual is more wise than the masses. those who believe organizations hold us together also have need of organizations themselves.

it is my personal belief that "truth" "god" ect. can only be found within yourself. hence, those who are reliant on the masses for this aspect of their life are lost.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
it alsmot better to believe in god, but not go to church,

This is about as sensible as deciding to get in shape but never going to the gym.

quote:
it is my personal belief that "truth" "god" ect. can only be found within yourself. hence, those who are reliant on the masses for this aspect of their life are lost

It's not about relying on the masses if one believes that the world is one, then why dislike the idea of people of like minds getting together to experience oneness?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"it holds the human race together because without it, we would be lost..."-last resort , you said we would be lost w/o religionbut then went on to say that you dont believe in religion..????

yes, it is better to believe in the church, use it as support and comfort,and like the bible, maybe a reference point depending on who you are.

ethereal, you always make comparisons that suit you 100 % but realize that some people can be really religious and not go to church.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
some people can be really religious and not go to church.

Depends on the religion. The Christian church is the people rather than the building and so to not be with the people is to neglect a major part of Christianity.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 35yrs • M •
thats right, i dont believe in religion.... whats that have to do with anything?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I think religion should be vague, it should just show us the right way, One God, morality etc, and leave the rest to the state, as the state can adapt to changing siruations.

should truth really come at such a price?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree. We dont want the Church running the state! That is not what the Church is there for. The Church is ment to be a moral voice to the state.

Problems come when we detach the Church (i.e. Absolute Moral values) from the state!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M •
church + state = crap

just as the last two guys said.

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is your basis for that?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
Points on Religion
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy