Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Points on Religion - Page 4

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no one said that the person being blamed was guilty, we're saying that the people that are "listenting" to the person they blame are.

when i hear of a mass murderer that says god made him do it... i think wow, if god can have that much of an influence on someones life, it cant be a good thing and there ya have it... god is indeed to blame, even if in an indirect way...

ok, lets say you dont believe that... lets say you're a devoted christian and god made everything and you believe in fate... god made that person, and he made him go crazy and kill people. there ya have it... gods fault in a direct way.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OF COURSE, BUT WHATS YOUR POINT?

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
People may use God's name but that doesn't mean anything. I could kill people and tell them summit made me do it would that make you in anyway guilty?

as lastresort said.

quote:
when i hear of a mass murderer that says god made him do it... i think wow, if god can have that much of an influence on someones life, it cant be a good thing and there ya have it... god is indeed to blame, even if in an indirect way...
ok, lets say you dont believe that... lets say you're a devoted christian and god made everything and you believe in fate... god made that person, and he made him go crazy and kill people. there ya have it... gods fault in a direct way.

well said, totally agree. The point is christianity can be fatuous. The relationship between 'God' and the individual can be violent, aggresive and extremely feebleminded.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
ONCE AGAIN, YES. BUT WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what the 'christian world' as a whole represents and its actions against the rest of humanity. That is what I am identifying (as mentioned above)

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
im trying to prove that the laws of god are not laws to be followed... nothing to do with what religion... just live your life on earth, belive in a god... sure i dont care, i believe in a god but i still have no religion, now just live your life and be free... if you contract yourself to living by a book or some higher power you'll never be free... and as all religions say "it is gods will to be free" so stop fucking contradicting yourself here.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Freedom lies within a set of boundaries. Surely if for me to live free meant that I should kill people then how can the people I kill live free?
Besides With God as my help I am free to enjoy as much peace and grace as I can take. I need not worry about employment or living space or food. How is this preventing my freedom?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
what the crap did you just say?

36yrs • M •
MAYBE SO.....AND I DONT BELIEVE IN CHRISTIANITY, EXEPT I DONT KNOW OF ANY CASES WHERE A SUPPOSED "CHRISTIAN GOD" MADE SOMEONE KILL SOMEONE ELSE AND EVEN IF THERE WERE,(LIKE ETHEREAL MENTIONED) THERES NO WAY TO KNOW IF THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH,NOT ONLY THAT BUT THIS "BAD INFLUENCE" IT MIGHT HAVE ON PEOPLE MIGHT BE THERE, BUT THESE VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE NOT ENOUGH TO CLAIM CHRISTIANITY AS A WHOLE IS DESTROYING, HARMING, CORRUPTING THE REST OF HUMANITY. AND THESE CASES OF PEOPLE BEING INFLUENCED BY GOD TO KILL OR HARM PEOPLE ARE ALL OVER OTHER RELIGIONS, WERE TALKING SACRFICES AND ALL!!!!!!

AND TO SAY THAT "GOD" MADE SOMEONE GO CRAZY AND KILL PEOPLE AND TRY TO USE IT AGAINST A RELIGION IS JUST REDICULOUS!!! I BET YOU DONT EVEN BELIEVE THAT ONE!!!!

36yrs • M •
MAY YOU BE SO KIND AS TO EXPLAIN WHY?

53yrs • M •
daxsexx is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
YOU KNOW WHAT,IF THIS COUNTRY DIDN'T ALLOW THAT LADY AND HER FOLLOWERS TO TAKE PRAY&THE BIBLE OUT YOUR SCHOOLS, THIS COUNTRY WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT,BUT YOU ALLOW A WOMAN SENT BY THE DEVIL
TO TAKE GOD AND THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS AWAY FROM YOUR KIDS,THAT JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE FOR.SATAN LOVE THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU ALLOW HIM, TO MAKE IT HIS PLAYGROUND.

"be the best"
 53yrs • M •
daxsexx is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
EXCUSE ME WHEN ADDRESSING GOD; THE MAKER OF ALL THINGS,USE UPPER CASE LETTERS PLEASE.

"be the best"
 36yrs • M •
on what evidence do you base your claim?

many people dont believe in jesus and his teachings why should they be taught about it? the reason they dont allow ANY religion to be taught in school is because its in violation of the constitutional right "freedom of religion".

35yrs • M •
daxsexx, not to sound mean, but that has to be the most narrow minded thing i've ever read.... seriously

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
many people dont believe in jesus and his teachings why should they be taught about it?

Many people do not believe in evolution either yet it is still taught.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
Points on Religion - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy