Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 19

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes. and i also beleive that 'god' would not allow that if he were real

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's really interesting. If it were true then I could mystically change your mind, but since I can't it obviously isn't true. Christians have no power over other's thought they can only tell others what they know

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If it were true then I could mystically change your mind, but since I can't it obviously isn't true.
Not exactly mystical but strong emotions do seem to effect others emotional state so therefore their thinking.
quote:
Christians have no power over other's thought they can only share with others what they know.
So the great commission was to go out & share the good news with others, not beat them down with it.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Not exactly mystical but strong emotions do seem to effect others emotional state so therefore their thinking.

Hitler also had strong emotions that influenced people in a way that Christianity never would.

quote:
So the great commission was to go out & share the good news with others, not beat them down with it.

That is the case. It may not happen as such but that was the plan.

72yrs • M •
Misunderstanding of christian values has mislead many down the winding road toward destruction, a road well traveled.

39yrs • M •
And people choose to think that their misunderstood concepts of Christianity are right and therefore they hate all Christians based on faulty information all the while calling themselves open minded.

35yrs • M
some people, not all. i know that i could be wrong. but our problem, that is open-minded people, is that we beleive that the christian faith does noot respect. and it is that lack of respect that we hate. not you. we know that itis not your fault. and by christians, i meen all religions that step on us and say they are right and we are wrong.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
and it is that lack of respect that we hate.

So then you also do not respect. So you must hate your own point of view

35yrs • M
we respect that christians, and all religions, may be right. and as such respect their faith. you, on the other hand, are not aloud to respect me. correct me if m wrong but that is a sin. and that is what we qeustion. that it is a sin. imagine how all the other religios people feel when you tell them that they are wrong. they feel the same thing you do, and say the same thing you do they are just as justified as you are, i am just as justified as you are, but you have no respect. i do. and i hope i have shown that.

39yrs • M •
You have no respect. In a post now deleted you claimed that "Christians are assholes".

It is not a sin for me to respect you, however it is sinful of me to respect the view points that you hold because they are untrue.

72yrs • M •
quote:
It is not a sin for me to respect you, however
As it is written one should show or give respect [even unto their right of their belief system] As beings we should respect others, we just don't have to accept their believes as our own as is our right.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If you don't give respect, why should you expect it to be returned to you?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The main POINT of this thread, before it was obscured into this grotesque idea of our dear humble administrator... is wether or not it was God who created moral right and wrong and if so how did he do it... by what guide or whim did he do it?

"Dark and silent and complete."
[  Edited by Ancient at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm an honest man. I will say I don't know. It's okay to say, I don't know. Frankly I don't know how anybody can know.

If you're asking these kinds of questions, you're not expecting answers, because I'm just afraid their isn't one.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No I just wanted to see what people thought, not looking for any real answers.

"Dark and silent and complete."
Questioning his Behaviour - Page 19
  11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy