Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

jesus finishing our sins

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
jesus finishing our sins
hey ppl. Cud somebody pls explain to me the concept of jesus finsihing the sins of humanity.....?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for all sins. That is the finishing of our sins. He offers to everybody the chance to accept this gift but not all will take it.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
ummm, I already knew that- there must be more to it than that...

39yrs • M •
Like what?

35yrs • M •
Lol, just saying that jesus died and finished our sins makes no sense, there must be some logic man, which I m sure the Bible must contain. Waiting for otherz 2 enlighten me...

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gammanova is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
whats up brother! its not that jesus finished our sins, it is that he died for our sins , and payed the ultimate price sacrificing his life for us to be given salvation. just before he died jesus said it is finnished, meaning the prophesy had been fufilled. he was our holy offering. he could have saved himself from the cross but if he saved himself he would not have been able to save us.so this is why we say he died to save us from our sins, and he payed the price so that all of mankind might be saved. he was falsly accused , beaten , and crucified, and until his last breathe he preached mercy,love and faith, one of the last things he asked was that god forgive all those who were for his crucifixion because they did not realize what they were doing and did not know who jesus was,and he was still merciful, forgiving, and gracious! hopefully that made at least a little sense, if not i apologize. peace b with u !

"tree of existance from one seed"
 35yrs • M •
yes, but how can his dying finsh our sins?

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gammanova is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bible never says he finishes our sins , it says he payed for our sins, or he saved us from our sins. his death was what finished the prophesy of paying for our sins.

"tree of existance from one seed"
 35yrs • M •
so did he finish the prophecy of paying forthe sins that had previously been commited, or all the sins that have and will be committed?
Ok so in way he like requested to God to forgive us?

39yrs • M •
The death of Jesus paid the price for all sins past, present and future.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Angel Of Death, it might help you out a bit if you check out the thread "Does it add up?".

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 35yrs • M •
on which forum?

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's in the religion forum and the thread is "Does it add up?".

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in the old testament, before the death and resurrection of Jesus, people had to make sacrifises in order to atone for their sins. sin is repulsive to god, and so he created a way for people to make up for the sinfulness in their nature, to compensate if you will. however, it was an imperfect system. Jesus was the final sacrifice, who took the punishment that should have been ours.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think before we can fully understand what Jesus did on the cross; we need to look at how mankind came to need a saviour in the first place.

When God created Adam and Eve, he created them in his image and gave us an ability to fully experience a loving relationship with him. But for love to be able to be fully experienced you have to be free to choose whom to love and also be free from any intervention that would cause you not to be free to choose.

God gave them a choice to obey him (a sign that they chose to love him) or disobey him (a sign they chose not to love him). He placed the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden. That was the only tree in the whole garden they could not eat from. This tree represented that choice. They, as we know, choose to call God a liar by eating the fruit from the tree after the snake (satan) convinced them that they were not going to die (as God had said they would).

5 things happened when they ate the fruit.
1. They saw they were naked and ashamed of the way God had made them and covered themselves. The good self image they had of themselves died.
2. They were suddenly afraid of God and hid. There relationship with God died.
3. They blamed each other and they blamed God. A social alienation occurred (a death of unity between one another).
4. Their work in the fields was now going to be hard work. No longer was the ground going to yield an easy harvest. Child birth for the woman was going to be hard work. Work was not going to be enjoyable any more. A death to fulfilment at work.
5. Adam and Eve are now going to die.

Can you think of any more comprehensive death than this? It happens at every level.
We all know and experience these 5 things in our own lives.

Things get worse because God gives us his law. The law was not to make bad people good but to show sinful people how dead they really were. The law can control our external behaviour but it does nothing to our hearts where sin starts.

Man had to make atonement for his sin by sacrificing animals. This was only ever a temporary atonement for sin. It had to be done every year.

Jesus came as the supreme sacrifice, a once and for all atonement for sin. How was he able to do this?
1. Jesus was born from a virgin in whom the Holy Spirit had placed the seed. He was fully God and fully man. He felt pain and was tempted in the same ways as we are.
2. He was perfect. He led a sinless life. God says in the Bible that the price of sin is death. Because Jesus did not sin he was not going to die. He was the only person who could truly saw I choose to die, thus he was the only person qualified to pay the price for all of mans sins past, present and future. We cannot say I choose not to die. It is an inevitability that we are going to die. We deserved death for our sins but Jesus took our sin and paid the ultimate price for them by dying on the cross.

Some say Jesus was just a good moral teacher but if that is all he was, he was horribly over engineered. He was perfect. None of us could ever hope to be perfect without Jesus. Jesus didnt come to make bad people good, He came to make dead people live again!

How do we respond to Jesus?
1. Recognize that we need help (confess that we are sinners in need of a saviour).
2. Believe in your heart that He is the son of God and that He has paid the full price for your sins.
3. Confess this with your mouth.

This is just a very brief explanation as to what Jesus did on the cross for us. If you need more elaboration just ask![b]

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
jesus finishing our sins
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy