The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

jesus finishing our sins - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok your right, im not going to go into a whole 'truth' debate, but what i meant then was people who WERE WERE WERE christians (but id still catagorize them as christians by family trend.. liek i am a christian but i can be skeptical of christ as the son of god etc etc.. so likewise you wouldnt say me being christian is true but it is true to the degree of being handed s down to me that if im any religion its that one casue of family history (not that they went to chruch or belived in christ as son of god wither.. maybe some of them especailly far down the line where i dont know)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me state what I said before:
"Christians are people who believe that Jesus is the son of God (part of the Trinity) and that He paid the price for our sins on the cross. Anyone who does not believe this is not a Christian. "

This is the essential truth of the gospel. Christianity does not automatically get "passed" down through family lines. It is each persons individual response to the person of Jesus for the love He demonstrated on the cross. Being a Christian does not come from being good, it comes only by grace when we believe the above truth.

Nietzsche's parents where pastors of a church. Does this automatically make him a Christian?

Again sorry to be blunt, but this is the essential message of the Bible.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 40yrs • M •
its ok, i felt i was the one acting like a dick

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
regarding your previous post paptape, yes, christianity may have been the most popular religion then, but so was Jewisisim when it gained it's powere, and so was Islam.

nyway, so if I kill 50 innocent people, but beleive in Jesus, the n I'll be pardoned?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
only if you are truly sorry for your sins and wish to be forgiven. the reason that Jesus was able to absolve us of our sins is because He was not only man, but the son of God, as well. And because He was the son of God He was able to atone for the sins of everyone. "For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. He wants us to be saved because we are His creation and He loves us. that is why Christ was able to free us of our sins. He is the only link to God so we have to believe in His divinity and power to save us or we cannot spend eternity with God.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
[  Edited by KGB at   ]
 40yrs • M •
So the bible says that being remorsful is required for salvation.. asking for forgivness to jesus without being remorseful = hell?

(assuming you did somthing worthy of hell.. ex: killing a bunch of people or something)

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
(assuming you did somthing worthy of hell.. ex: killing a bunch of people or something)

That's a common misconception. The act of murdering people does not make you worthy of hell. It is not the problem it is the symptom of a Godless life. The only thing you can do to deserve to go to hell is to ignore God.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
That's a common misconception. The act of murdering people does not make you worthy of hell. It is not the problem it is the symptom of a Godless life. The only thing you can do to deserve to go to hell is to ignore God.

You obviously misunderstand.
You go to Heaven if you don't sin.
But we all do.
If sin itself was not deserving of Hell then why would jesus bother coming down here at all.
Makes no sense.
Although yes you need a communication with God if you have sinned!
But if you havn't then you are sinless thus alowed into Heaven.
Do you understand?

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
You go to Heaven if you don't sin.

Where did you get this idea?

quote:
Although yes you need a communication with God if you have sinned!
But if you havn't then you are sinless thus alowed into Heaven.
Do you understand?

No human is sinless except Jesus.

It's not about not sinning. It's about having a relationship with God

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your completely neglecting sin.
If a human can't sin then why would you ever even care about what Jesus supposedly did in the first place!?
If there was no sin then we would all still be in Eden.
If murdering isn't sin then what is?
Sin is what condemns you to hell!
Sin is what stops you from having a close relationship with God. (supposedly)
If I have close relationship with God then go murder everyone in my town I am still perfectly saved right?
I wouldn't need to repent!
wTF are you talking about?!

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The whole point of having a close relationship with God is that you wouldn't go out and directly defy him. Having a close relationship is a preventative for sin which by no means is saying that you will never sin, but a close relationship with God does indeed prevent a lot of sins that would happen otherwise.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 39yrs • M •
Sin exists we all sin and we always will as long as we're on this earth. But sinning does not keep you out of Heaven. If that were the case no one would ever get in. Christians are still sinners and they still sin the only difference is that their sins no longer count against them. It's like if a person is granted a pardon for a crime committed. It doesn't me that person never committed the crime it just means that they are no longer being held responsible for it.

Sin interferes with a Christian's relationship with God but it can be dealt with.

quote:
If I have close relationship with God then go murder everyone in my town I am still perfectly saved right?

If you had a close relationship with God you wouldn't do such things. However if that was the case you would still be saved. Once saved always saved.

Repentance doesn't take sins away in the sense that we no longer bear the consequences of our actions but forgiveness allows us to restore connection with God

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^^the only reason that jesus died on the cross was for the significance of the end of offering physical sacrifices to the almighty. The end of sacrificing birds and lambs on altars, and blood sacrifices and all that bull. the end of paganism. The beginning of a new era where you could be saved by a name, which was always the case but man never believed that it could be so easy. The second time something like that happened was when the spirit of the Almighty returned in a new body....but with the final name this time...which is Haille Sellassie. Now for all that time after the crucifiction to up until Rastafari recieved the devine name, a person would have been able to have been saved by have been called a christian... by accepting the blood and the body and the name. Now after the comforter came...the spiritual name, where no body was sacrificed, no blood was shed....then only those who were called by that name could have been saved and released. Now every single person still praising the blood, after that period of time got caught into a certain trap called blindness. That means you weren't true....but that's alright cuz even the blind can be made to see. That's why Jesus is not what will save you now...but the name... the new name....the new song.....the new heaven and the new earth....the newness of life...the power of the trinity which is Love. I'm not typing this to convert anybody, I could care less what you take from this or not....i'm just stating my opinion...take it or leave it.....Peace!...blessings and love!

"Being is not knowing!"
jesus finishing our sins - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy