Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

jesus finishing our sins - Page 2

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
beautifully said petesmith!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im sorry, but I still can't see why Jesus's dying will remove the sins of thoses who believe in him.
And I still can't also see that why petesmith u think that sacrificing goats will make God happy
then again, I don't have that much knowledge of the bible, so it may well contain the logic, I m just commenting on what has been laid down here.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
and cirrius, lol, if jesus didn't exist then christianity wouldn't have existed either= the name 'christ'ianity.

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As A.O.D pointed out, if there was no cross and Jesus had never lived, then we Christians would have no bases for our faith!
It is important to note that while 'Christinaity' only came about after Jesus died, worship of God, in whom Chrsitians worship, has existed since the beginning of time. The Bible starts with the words "In the beginning God....'.

To answer your question about why sacrificing animals is pleasing to God, I have to be honest and say I dont fully know. To attempt an answer I would say the reason God gave us his moral law (which included the regulations for sacrificing animals) and the 10 commandments is to reveal the extent of our sinfulness. In the Bible, it is discribed that the life of the animal is in the blood. Sin can only be attoned for by a life sacrific. Since animals are not perfect and have defects, it was only a temporary attonment. When Jesus came and lived a perfect and sinless life, He could offer himself as a sacrific for all of our sins past present and future.
He was the only one who could pay the price for our sins. He choose to give up his life for us. We need to receive his free gift of eternal life.

Hope this helps A.O.D.

I will give some more depth to these answers in the future.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just tohught of something.. maybe we use jesus to justify our sins!! i mean owuld explain why this trend is so pwerful amung us..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 48yrs • M •
Jesus's existance is one of the most verified facts of Histroy for that era. There are I beleive over 5000 different accounts of various aspects of His existance (These being non Christian writers etc). The Bible in fact is used by secular historians to study Roman history and other things from that period of History.

The Bible gives us a very accurate description of the Human condition. No other religious writtings even attempts to describe the reasons for the human condition (Sin, good and evil etc). The Bible is also one of the few books giving a solution to mans sinfulness.

40yrs • M •
we have whats moral 'good' to us instinct (which another topic itslef i can go n to how any bhviur is 'good' to us but gernelly objectivly u know the morals i mean) and so christianiti is the most attractive religion casue peopel applied it more in that religion.. now its still the most popular and thats a bigf reason why...

35yrs • M •
quote:
peopel applied it more in that religion

ummm, lol something else u'd like to add apart from pure opinions?

so, let me get this straight, literally no matter how much sin a person does, if he believes in Jesus than it won't matter?
Petesmith, what you said about the bible applies to a lot of other religious books too.

35yrs • M •
about the sacrificing animals etc, it only sounds old fashioned and ridiculous when u say that 'God will be happy' or something. Actually,the sacrifice is a show of our love and devotion towards God perhaps.

nyway, I think I'll try to read the passages in the bible about Jesus saving us myself, because it seems Im missing the spiritual aspect to this.

40yrs • M •
i meant that the people who MADE the christian religion or spraked it off set it up (written down) Morals... more than other religions around that time n place.. so thats why it spread becasue we have and like love morals.. so thats why it grew as it did and is so strong today (and i am not a christian.. well acuatlly i am in the sense that my family is christian but we dont follow that crap) and yes that was my opinion so id like you to refute it with an opposing opinion (with reasoning as i did).. i could be absolutley wrong but id liek you to back yourself up aswell to show me that...

40yrs • M •
WOAH unless i didnt see the other threads.. can i please be offered an explanation to why my HUGE post was deleted? i tought angel of death might have been intrested in the other side as well.. can i re pur at least SOME f those links (in response to... cant see his name) saying how science histroy really confirms and proves jesus existence... i just wanted to show the other side.. he was saying that non christians confrimed his existence.. so i want to show how even many CHRISTIANS who are HISTORIANS conclude that he probably did not even exist... theres books and a documentary on it but seems not publicised wenough...

40yrs • M •
WOAH unless i didnt see the other threads.. can i please be offered an explanation to why my HUGE post was deleted? i tought angel of death might have been intrested in the other side as well.. can i re pur at least SOME f those links (in response to... cant see his name) saying how science histroy really confirms and proves jesus existence... i just wanted to show the other side.. he was saying that non christians confrimed his existence.. so i want to show how even many CHRISTIANS who are HISTORIANS conclude that he probably did not even exist... theres books and a documentary on it but seems not publicised wenough...

40yrs • M •
(ok see his name now itr was in respnse to pete smith)

40yrs • M •
ok here just one is ok? http://home1.gte.net/deleyd/religion/appendixd.html

this is NOT by far the best link but was first one i found on google.. i must have posted 50 links before to artciles from scholalry historians christain and non (maybe thats why my post got deleted)

48yrs • M •
If you have found some 'Christians' who do not believe in the God that is dipicted in the Bible then I am afraid to say that it would not be very accurate to call them Christians.

Christians are people who believe that Jesus is the son of God (part of the Trinity) and that He paid the price for our sins on the cross. Anyone who does not believe this is not a Christian.

A Christian by definition is one who follows Christ.

Sorry to be quite blunt but it is the truth!

jesus finishing our sins - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy