The difference between McHollywood and McDonalds: McHollywood is big on recycling. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are all Philisophical minds elitists?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've noticed that everyone at our intellectual level seems to think they're an elitist. What do you think?

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I, for one, am far from an elitist. Waaaay far away. Nowhere near. But I do feel as though I am a lot more intellectually skilled then the common human. As are most of the people on this forum. At least, thats the way I see it. Common sense plays a big factor in me, and it seems a lot of people lack this trait. Which baffles me.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm me...not anything else...what's an elitist?

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think that we are far more intelligent in how we think, but that doesnt make us intelligent..

i like to think that everybody is equal.. (even tho our thought level is above norm., we still know nothing)

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
elitist:

adjective: Characteristic of or resembling a snob: snobbish, snobby. Informal high-hat, snooty, stuck-up, uppish, uppity.

noun: One who despises people or things regarded as inferior, especially because of social or intellectual pretension: snob. Informal snoot. See attitude/good attitude/bad attitude/neutral attitude, self-love/modesty.
(thanks to Answers.com)

I don't think being more intellectual then others makes you any better. I don't consider myself as an intellectual, really. Knowledge isn't wisdom, which in my opinon is better then knowlegde.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when asked this directly we will say no because no one wants to admit they think they are better than everyone else. when asked indirectly, the answers are a bit different.

personally i just hate everyone. maybe this makes me elitist, maybe it doesnt.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Methuzula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Am I an elitist?

An intellectual is not synonymous with an elitist mentality.

Intellectuals have an afinity for the "Facts" and the details because they know intellectual power is derived from the foundation of all Wisdom, the many "Truths".

I am of course discerning, or more acurately; discriminating. What follows is a snapshot of one of my intellectual processes, mainly aimed at excluding or distancing whomever I consider the "undesireables".

"FRIEND"

What does a friend expect of himself? And you? Between two people, expressed and implied 'contracts' structure cooperative, supportive relationships where goods, services and intangibles, ( like emotional currency), are exchanged.

As the catch-phrase 'friendship' denotes, when one is the 'friend' of another, the relationship provides a 'vehicle', a 'ship'.

As with all other conveyances, this 'vehicle' is the means by which individuals choose to move towards their goals, a ship. So, what is expected of another in a 'friendship', depends on where and how individual's goals converge, and how consensus is reached defining the nature of the cooperative effort that is appropriate, acceptable or desired.

Affection, commonalities and demonstrated self-control are just a few attributes which facilitate developing cooperative relationships, but in the absence of official institutions, (like law enforcement), to regulate our interactions, friendships depend largely upon the individuals ability to maintain 'Trusts'.

The 'Trusts' are the expressed and implied rules which govern and generally define what friendly behavior is and are relied upon to predict the actions of friends whether in or out of one another's presence.

As a scientist uses 'Scientific Method' to logically move from an unconfirmed 'theory', towards its establishment as a valid proven 'Fact', friendships progress along the same lines of logic to be found in what could be termed: 'Fundamental Trusts of Friendship'.

Often general in content, 'Fundamental Trusts', (when validated by an individuals actions), justify progressive reclassification from a mere 'Associate', to the highest expression of the individuals role in this relationship, a 'True Friend'.

'Trusts' are expectations which can be: temporary in nature, at times circumstantial or amended when situations require flexibility.

'Fundamental Trusts', by contrast, are characterized by their inflexible nature. As a general rule, exchanges of the highest personal value occur primarily between individuals and those considered their 'True Friends'.

During the initial stages of emerging friendships, consistency fulfilling 'Fundamental Trusts' directly influences major decisions especially 'Relationship Risk Assessments'. A 'Fundamental Trust' involving risk may read as follows: 'Do no intentional or unintentional harm.'

Self Preservation being the first and premiere Law of Nature, any breach of the above 'Trust' whether directed at the self or others, indicates a value system irreconcilable with the logic guiding 'Fundamental Trusts of Friendship' towards the consistent discovery of 'True Friends'.

With different logical orientations one produces logically different directions, which will arrive at different logical ends.

While 'Trusts' are as various as fingerprints and 'tailor-suit' friendships, the 'Fundamental Trusts' are the foundation of every 'True Friendship', wherein will be found the supreme attributes of 'Enduring Peace' and 'Altruism'.

Among the 'Fundamental Trusts' are the following:

'None Possess the Freedoms'
'Never Hide the Manifest'

Dwayne S. South 12/05/04

[quote]
Ronald South Sr.
Jamaican Intellectual

"You are affected by 3 generations and you affect 3 generations, and every third generation a major change takes place in the family."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
..break it down.

*does a dance*

..boom boom chicky chica. aaah

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thanks wandering.......

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hahahaha..lmao..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
730, no problem.

I think that sometimes we all think that we're better then others, but the truth is, we all suck equally.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one who believes they are better than others are really the weak....the strong accepts all as equals....

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 35yrs • F •
Yes, thats true.

But in a sense, you can be 'better' then another in cetain ways. Say for example, there was 2 smokers under a bus shelter because it was raining, along with a mother and her baby. The mother kindly asked the smokers if they could put it out. Smoker A realized that smoking near a child is bad for their health so that one happily put it out. Smoker B was very irritated with the request and continued on smoking, which forced the mother and baby out in the rain.

This is a bad example, but here it show that smoker A was in a sense 'better' then smoker B because smoker A had a better attitude while smoker B didn't even have the coutesy to put the smoke out for the mother and baby.

A person may not be better then another as whole, but certain traits or aspects of them could be better. I'm not saying that smoker A is better in all aspects then smoker B, but in that situation, smoker A had the better attitude.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes i would agree that in within the context of society, some make better decisions than others in regards to living amongst each other....

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We are not elitist we are enlighend. Being so doesn't mean we are any better than anyone. What it does mean is that we have the right "focus" in life.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy