Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Dennis Diedrot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are all Philisophical minds elitists? - Page 3

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If something is real in the mind than we will assume it is real in real life. We will assume it because of cogito ergo sum. I think therefore I am. Anything that thinks is real.

The only way one human can be better than another human is in the mind. This can happen through things like envy. For example a Bum sees a man drive by in a ferrari. He thinks to himself I wish I was that man. In his mind he thinks that the man in the ferrari is better than him. Now think of vice versa the guy in the ferrari sees the Bum. He thinks to himself what a loser and rolls down his window and says, "get a job asshole!" In his mind he thinks he is better than the Bum and as we have mentioned earlier the Bum thinks so too. It is true for both of them that the man in the ferrari is better than the Bum. Is it really real that one is better than the other?

lets look at a the same scenario in a different perspective. The man in the Ferrari sees the Bum and he thinks what a loser. The Bum sees the man in the Ferrari and thinks to himself well he's just trying to hide his small penis. In this case it is True that the man in the Ferrari thinks that he is better than the bum but the bum doesn't think the man in the ferrari is better than him. Can the statement The man in the Ferrari is better than the Bum be both True for the Man in the Ferrari and False for the Bum. No every statement has one truth value it must be either true or false. Therefore either the Bum or the man in the ferrari is correct. But how do you prove it. They both present interesting arguments. The man in the ferrari said the bum was a loser and the bum said he had a small penis. No but seriously it is dificult to prove who is right.

Therefore the only situation where one can be better than the other is in their mind given that everything else remained the same in the two scenarios except what they thought.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
Sammuel is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If "elitist" means snobbish, then practically everyone could be considered a part-time elitist. If "elitist" means superior, then I would agree wholeheartedly. To be perfectly honest, I do think of myself as superior to "normal" men because I have not shut my ears and eyes to the search for answers. The one big difference that comes to mind is that I have a strong desire to not stabalize into comfortable mediocrity.

"Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophical mind. How do you know if you have one?
I mean theres so many labels isnt there, im a goth, im an emo, im a punk, im this , im that, im an intellectual, blah blah, and people like me have no idea where to put themselves. All i know is people tire me, i cant find any one smart to talk to, if i try, rather than discussing it, i explain it. so i dont think that makes me snooby, it just annoys me.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LMOA, trust me to destroy the conversation. sorry people.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To Her -

Very decent post..

Yes we do end up explaining a lot more than getting a fair exchange..

Happens to me all the time... I became long winded because of it....

Really... it's not all ego....

We "end" up explaining... teachers usually give out assignments.. but at least there's a measly pay check involved...

Often explanations generate resentment... Most are reluctant to leave their comfortable place...

So they have a hard time advancing because they won't humble themselves to the reality that there are things that we all don't know and would like to.

Even if we're hearing it for the first time and it's not coming out of our own mouths...

I am negligent in that I didn't read the entire thread.... I noticed Her and felt a burning desire to chime in there...

Is that elitist? to think I can just chime in and still be relevant?

ha' ha' ha'

The world NEEDS segregation of all types... racial oppression aside... or not

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
AH, they end up calling me a geek, the other day i was reading a book about pagan irish gods, and this girl asked me where my youth had gone? sometimes i wonder that too.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Spiderz -

I have a 2 and a half year old... I don't approve of most of the entertainment that is out there for her or her future...

So "Technically" I plan to ruin her childhood that they have planned for her in Disney, etc. etc. etc.

I think this makes me a better parent by denying her the very things those idiosyncracies were referring to your child hood as..

Next time ask them if they've read the book, and if not ask them...

"Where'd YOUR childhood go?"

They may fluster then, but you could have asked them if they were still in it...

Since most drugs halt the emotional maturation process at the point of the first usage...

The mind expanding drugs can only be excluded according to ones' pursuits which tend to follow their trends and behaviors habits and veer to a persons' nature.

Keep reading.. I like rereading a tomb years later to see how far I've come...

They would have asked me and then seen how "Ex" of a Marine I am...

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
Are all Philisophical minds elitists? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy