Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are all Philisophical minds elitists? - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We are not elitist we are enlighend. Being so doesn't mean we are any better than anyone. What it does mean is that we have the right "focus" in life.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes, thats true.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmmm...

"i hate cRap!"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Unclassified is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
excellent choice of word....enlightened just sounds better than elitist....

"Do what YOU want to do in life, not what everyone else does..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryunoskei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol my point is proven. Conway, Conway, Conway, the very fact that you just said "we are enlightened," no matter to what degree or level of enlightenment you meant is a narcassistic and --elitistical-- statement.

"Be shapeless, be ready to adapt -Bruce Lee"
 39yrs • M •
No you just seem to have a misunderstanding on what "enlightend" means. It is not a levelized function. To be enlightend means that "levels" such as elitist and non-elitist are irrelevant to us. They mean nothing. We do not want to be better than everyone else we want nothing but the ulitimate knowledge that is to be had. And sadly enough we can do nothing but come here (becuase most people-such as youself-find such talk "insane" were we can talk of such things together.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being more rational or more aware than others is a trait, a strength. If I put it to good use, that's great. But everyone has some strength that makes them better than others.

The elite, in my opinion, are those who use their strengths and is able to use others strengths well.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
It doesn't matter what you call it, it still means the same thing. One person is better than the other. But in philosophy such as this you can't share it with the majority of people because they wouldn't understand most of it. Or even try to. You either are "enlightend" or your not. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with being better in any shape form or fashion. I am not denying that some people have traits that make them better than others. Just that it's all realitive to what you are talking about the strength being for. Such as some people have the ability to run farther than the rest of us. But in the trait of philosophy there is no strength it is irrelative. It doesn't matter.

37yrs • M •
Whytie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I never used to consider myself more intelligent. Then when i was a kid every kept telling me that i wasn't like the others and that i was "to smart" to do certain things. After a while i became disdainful of others. It really messed me up for a while....i was a super elitist. Except I sort of made myself that way, then i realised that I wasn't really better than anyone... Apparently i'm still smarter than most...its more of a burden than a blessing.

"I Like Things"
 36yrs • M •
I do not want to respond to your aggression. Your wanton remark about me and others not accepting or not permitting intelligent talk is most distasteful. The "Only the insane can reach enlightenment" comment I made a while back was reffering to the ultimate "enlightenment" that only the Budhha himself has reached, not this infintile defenition which condescends the meaning of the word. I find it humerous how you speak so omniscient about your practice of enlightenment. Outside this chat room I can guarantee you act just like the others who don't permitt your defenition of enlightened talk.

39yrs • M •
wow that was a rather aggressive statement was it not. So I guess we are both "elitist". I obviously have made you mad. And as such you have missed the entire point of my chosen side in this debate.

36yrs • M •
I apologize

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Those who is truly wise can resist the temptation to be arrogant.

Ever notice a half bottle of water always louder than a full bottle of water?

"Beware of the dog"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I find this whole thread very funny. Why would anyone be an elitist just because they chose to come and talk on these forums??? Anyone and his dog can come and talk here.
What really makes me laugh though, is reading some peoples' posts, considering themselves more intelligent or enlightened than other people and making simple spelling and grammar mistakes at the same time, it's great!

Oh and as for all philosophical minds being elitist - well everyone is philosophical at some point in their life, surely its human nature to wonder about these things. OK not everyone contemplates everything about the nature of the universe, but I'm pretty sure everyone wonders about where they are going and what life is for.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 53yrs • F •
Arcadia is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Elitist?!? I wouldnt exactly say that I would consider myself one. However, I used to think people were so intlligent when I was younger, as i've gotten older i've come to realize that intelligence is few and far between. Common sense is the least common of the senses!
Those who know anything know that they know nothing, those who know nothing think they know it all! We are all intitled to our own illusions. I am thankful for my intelligence as well as respectful of it and others intelligence. (those who have it) its called pride.

"The answers to modern questions finds no relevance in a 1700 year old work of fiction!"
Are all Philisophical minds elitists? - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy